Thread: BRP SIDE BAGS

Spyder Garage

Default BRP SIDE BAGS

I just completed the installation of the BRP rigid side bags (after waiting almost 2 weeks for delivery). The installation went very well considering the obvious omissions in the instructions. The pictures furnished by firefly were invaluable. The installation consumed 4 hours of my time but that included polishing my spyder after being all apart, sweeping the garage floor, and two cold BL's. Now I will probably be looking for a GIVI trunk to match.

WE DON'T QUIT PLAYING BECAUSE WE GROW OLD; WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE QUIT PLAYING

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK WIDOW View Post
    I just completed the installation of the BRP rigid side bags (after waiting almost 2 weeks for delivery). The installation went very well considering the obvious omissions in the instructions. The pictures furnished by firefly were invaluable. The installation consumed 4 hours of my time but that included polishing my spyder after being all apart, sweeping the garage floor, and two cold BL's. Now I will probably be looking for a GIVI trunk to match.
    Sweet. I may be next...
    VERY HAPPY OWNER OF Spyder PE #1133 w/ Leo Vince, High Flow Filter , Red caliper trim(whoopty doo), BRP sport rack/backrest, BRP saddle bags, BRP comfort seat, Honda RC51, Buell XB9R, Garmin 660, Tackyon XC action cam, Nolan N103 W/ N-Com kit(never use it...)

Spyder Garage

Default BRP RIGID BAGS

Quote Originally Posted by barkingspyder View Post
    Sweet. I may be next...
    I would recommend this option to anyone. The quality, design, and fit is excellent. It gives the spyder a whole new personality, almost like having two motorcycles in one. The only shortcoming is the instructions and for the most part they are very good; it almost appears that a portion of the instructions were left out in the printing. You have to do a little reading between the lines and apply a little logic and if you do that they won't give you any problem. There is some valuable info on this site as to what to look out for, i.e Firefly and others.

Good luck, if you decide to purchase. If I can help PM me.

WE DON'T QUIT PLAYING BECAUSE WE GROW OLD; WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE QUIT PLAYING

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have the bags and love them. A very good investment.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bersquack View Post
    I have the bags and love them. A very good investment.
    Top notch stuff!
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK WIDOW View Post
    I would recommend this option to anyone. The quality, design, and fit is excellent. It gives the spyder a whole new personality, almost like having two motorcycles in one. The only shortcoming is the instructions and for the most part they are very good; it almost appears that a portion of the instructions were left out in the printing. You have to do a little reading between the lines and apply a little logic and if you do that they won't give you any problem. There is some valuable info on this site as to what to look out for, i.e Firefly and others.

Good luck, if you decide to purchase. If I can help PM me.

Put mine on a few weeks ago and I love them.

Yeah, the instructions left out the replacement and installation of the two brackets that fit behind the new plastic vents on the rear black panels. A bit frustrating getting to the end of the directions and there are major parts left

That said, great value for the price.
    Happy Spyder Owner - 2008 Millennium Yellow PE #2475
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Bags

Hey mind telling me where to buy the Brp/Givi bags,and price. Does all the hard wear come with or do you need to order and bags separate.
    Thanks
    Full moon SM5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by porboy View Post
    Hey mind telling me where to buy the Brp/Givi bags,and price. Does all the hard wear come with or do you need to order and bags separate.
    Thanks
    Full moon SM5
    They come as a complete kit - other than the color insert panels--- which you MUST order as they hold the reflectors on the back in place.

I got mine from RobsPerformance.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by porboy View Post
    Thanks
    Full moon SM5
    I was quoted $850 for the bags and inserts shipping included from Mosites Motorsports. Ask for Brady and mention spyderlovers.
    VERY HAPPY OWNER OF Spyder PE #1133 w/ Leo Vince, High Flow Filter , Red caliper trim(whoopty doo), BRP sport rack/backrest, BRP saddle bags, BRP comfort seat, Honda RC51, Buell XB9R, Garmin 660, Tackyon XC action cam, Nolan N103 W/ N-Com kit(never use it...)

Spyder Garage

Bags look great, but you're right....BRP left a lot to be desired on their instructions and pics. Firefly's posts were invaluable.

GlynnK
    Last edited by glynnk; 07-26-2009 at 02:15 PM. Reason: add pic