Thread: Air suspension

Spyder Garage

Default Air suspension

Am i correct to assume the rear suspension on F3 limited is manual air. All specs i've read suggest that it is.
    Owners manual says automatic. Year 2018

Spyder Garage

I have a 2017 F3 Limited and it is automatic. Are you having a problem?

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

My 2018 F3L is automatic leveling. All 17-20 F3L'S has built in compressor.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Friends 19Lim also has no schrader valve(maybe i just didnt see it?).....not sure if i agree with that.....easier to bypass system if things go wrong if valve is present

my 16 Lim is manual(much preferred,i set to 40 psi every ride)

russ
    pres ride
    2014 RT-S
    bike is WIP
    bike has endured elect spike (was jump started incorrectly)
    still a WIP but bike is now running and registered....swapped out 5 modules mostly sourced from Canadian wrecker

Spyder Garage

How can i tell? Hard to see in there. And i have not heard the compressor come on

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bmccaffrey View Post
    How can i tell? Hard to see in there. And i have not heard the compressor come on
    here is my schrader valve...its under the rear seat on the left side,mid picture
    if you dont have one then there is a big hole there instead

you can check this valve for air bag pressure,engine running with you sitting on bike would be best

if you dont have a schrader,then you can drive the system with buds
    OR
    theoretically(i have never tried this)you should be able to disconnect your levelling rod(if your system is automatic),left side lower above the belt,and work it up and down
    with engine running,the bike should raise/lower the rear as air is charged/dumped depending on the arc position of the rod

have you recently swapped out your rear shockie?
    if you wound on too much preload,then the rear could be too high,and the pump wont come on because the sensor is telling the system that it dosent need any air
    if so there is a proceedure in the manual,to reset the height sensor(think you need buds but not sure)

good luck with it

russ
    pres ride
    2014 RT-S
    bike is WIP
    still a WIP but bike is now running and registered....swapped out 5 modules mostly sourced from Canadian wrecker

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by merlot View Post
    here is my schrader valve...its under the rear seat on the left side,mid picture

you can check this valve for air bag pressure,engine running with you sitting on bike would be best

OR
    theoretically(i have never tried this)you should be able to disconnect your levelling rod(if your system is automatic),left side lower above the belt,and work it up and down
    with engine running,the bike should raise/lower the rear as air is charged/dumped depending on the arc position of the rod

if you wound on too much preload,then the rear could be too high,and the pump wont come on because the sensor is telling the system that it dosent need any air
    if so there is a proceedure in the manual,to reset the height sensor(think you need buds but not sure)

good luck with it

russ
    Just wondering what it is. Rides like a Mercedes. But specs from I Motorsports and owners manual don't match. Have no complaints how it rides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by merlot View Post

OR

good luck with it

russ

What in the plastic bag under the drivers seat? Are you smoking some funny cigarettes?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-13-2020 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post

What in the plastic bag under the drivers seat? Are you smoking some funny cigarettes?
    I think I must be.
    I dont know why I replied to the OP's post....
    Seems there is nothing wrong with his bike

The air valve under the seat is a bear to get to with a bicycle pump, also need to hook up a guage to check, so I have a combination of extension hose and pressure guage. Under the seat is regularly full of dust (I've just done a "down to chassis"clean on the bike as in "stay at home"mode atm so my area is clean) so I store the combo in a plastic bag....the pump goes in another bag, to keep it all clean.

It's a little clumsy, and I do have a VI-AIR pump in the shed (sent to me by Doc H back in the day) but although I can place the switch for this, I am struggling to find a suitable place for the dash mounted air guage... on the RT, this was really easy, but not so on the F3. I bought some wi-fi guages (a 4 pack) but they were in BAR, so not good for what I wanted (needed PSI)

russ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-13-2020 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display
    pres ride
    2014 RT-S
    bike is WIP

Spyder Garage

Yes it's auto. Thanks for everyone's info!!