Spyder Garage

Default Check Engine Light

A day after I made it home from the LA event, my "Check Engine Light" message started scrolling across the speedo face. I pulled the key and reinserted it like the manual said, but couldn't get rid of the message. Everything was working though, as well as all fuses and vital fluids were OK. I took it in for my 9K service today and the dealer said it was a failed oil pressure sensor. It if happens to you, it might be this...
    Pat
    Cal Sci XL Windscreen; Widow Highway Pegs; Mirror Extenders; 1" handlebar riser; Hindle exhaust; Corbin Seat, Givi top case, Street Magic HID headlights, 12v power thingy in trunk, NMN Triple Play, Tom Tom Rider 2 GPS, Corbin rear fender, so far
    and A Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info.

Will keep this in mind for the just in case.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Same thing already happend to me. They put it on the computer and tested out awhile on the road and said the sensor was the problem. I have a question for you? In the start up procedure do you use the mode button on the handlebar or the one on the dash to go through the safety message? Oil change and replace the oil sensor (warrentee work) only a mere $156 something. You know they will not be doing any more oil changes for me! Bill

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hi Pat,

My Spyder started that about a month ago but it only happens if the outside temperature is 90 or higher and I was in Paso Robles when it was 105 degrees. Then it came on again when I hit the LA traffic last weekend. It seemed to only happen in high temperatures. I felt the relays and they were very hot. On the trip back it came on again around King City. I placed a ice pack on the relay cover while I took a break and when started again it was gone. It did not come back on until I hit Gilroy. So far it hasn't come on again.

Did yours ever go out or was it constantly on? I guess I'll take it in to be checked but I still don't trust any of the local dealers.

Glad you made it back OK.

Mike

Spyder Garage

I always use the handlebar mode switch, the speedometer button is too hard to push with gloves on.
    Pat

My 9000K was $260.00...things cost more out here it seems!
    Cal Sci XL Windscreen; Widow Highway Pegs; Mirror Extenders; 1" handlebar riser; Hindle exhaust; Corbin Seat, Givi top case, Street Magic HID headlights, 12v power thingy in trunk, NMN Triple Play, Tom Tom Rider 2 GPS, Corbin rear fender, so far
    and A Happy Spyder Owner