Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Gauges acting goofy..

I started havinng this happen on the way to CA. Seemed to happen when temps were extreeme.

While cruising suddenly the gauges act like when you first turn on the key...both needles sweep back and forth ,everything blinks and the message about reading the card starts scrolling across the screen. If I hit the mode button, it goes away...for a while, then starts again.

Its very random in its execution, sometimes one right after another, sometimes once per gas tank .

I ve been re seating all the relays at each stop. They do seem to wiggle loose. I noticed that the fuse/relay box is at a bit of a downward angle. After cruising at 75 for over an hour, I m thinking that they may vibrate enough to make a milisecond disconnection and cause this "start up" mode with the gauge cluster.

Anyone else have this happen?

We also had to cancel the poker run in LA because of limp mode in the parking lot of the second dealer. Just glad it happened at a dealer. Nothing serious, computer miscommunication,whatever that is.

Thanks for any feedback.

BRad(and Pat) in OR still heading to Seattle.

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Cut a small piece of foam and put it ontop of the relays so the cover pushes down on them. PAcking foam from a computer box works well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Cut a small piece of foam and put it ontop of the relays so the cover pushes down on them. PAcking foam from a computer box works well.

I have foam from the factory and it is pressing down on the relays because there are indentations; but, I still periodically have to re-seat the relays.

Spyder Garage

A small blob of silicone at the base of each relay, also touching the fusebox, will hold the relays in place. Old off-road trick. If you need to replace a relay, just slit the silicone. Also, your issue may be a sticking dash button, depending on what the messages you see are. Limp mode sounds like relays, though. Also could be a misplaced button magnet like Lamont and I have experienced. This just makes the clock (and stuf) and the English/Metric settings go nuts, though.

BTW, indentations or not, some more foam can help.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by draboo View Post
    I started havinng this happen on the way to CA. Seemed to happen when temps were extreeme.

While cruising suddenly the gauges act like when you first turn on the key...both needles sweep back and forth ,everything blinks and the message about reading the card starts scrolling across the screen. If I hit the mode button, it goes away...for a while, then starts again.

Its very random in its execution, sometimes one right after another, sometimes once per gas tank .

I ve been re seating all the relays at each stop. They do seem to wiggle loose. I noticed that the fuse/relay box is at a bit of a downward angle. After cruising at 75 for over an hour, I m thinking that they may vibrate enough to make a milisecond disconnection and cause this "start up" mode with the gauge cluster.

Anyone else have this happen?

We also had to cancel the poker run in LA because of limp mode in the parking lot of the second dealer. Just glad it happened at a dealer. Nothing serious, computer miscommunication,whatever that is.

Thanks for any feedback.

BRad(and Pat) in OR still heading to Seattle.
    Any chance it might be a loose battery cable?