Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Ok, so there's a separate air bag, not air shock?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amcvay1979 View Post
    Ok, so there's a separate air bag, not air shock?
    That's is correct Compressor is for the air bag. The shock has no air lines or any air needed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

hoping to get my set very soon

RT-S PE#0391
    Spyder Garage

Default My Elka Journey

Well, I've been following this long thread because I only recently became aware of M2. Up until about the first four months I owned my '15 Spyder RT-S, I was an Elka Fan. I still like Elkas, but I had to remove the Stage 1 fronts after four months because they were leaking. This occurred in the midst of other members of the club I lead also having new Elkas that began leaking. One of my member's set of Elkas let loose; as soon as he had the replacements, so followed his wife's bike; then mine. Maybe 2015 was a bad year. I sent my blown Elkas in to Impact solutions for e-build; in addition, I had Impact Solutions re-stroke an older Elka rear that was barely used on my previous 2010 RT-S, to fit my 2015. At the same time, to allay having to go back to (unsafe at any speed) Can Am stock front shocks during the Elka rebuild, I picked up a set of Fox RTs. The Fox RTs have remained on the Spyder since June of '15 and now I've crossed 21,000 miles on the bike ... the Fox RTs are bullet proof and they handle great. My re-stroked Elka Rear is hanging in. I sold my re-built Elka fronts (unused since the re-build) to another member of my club. Within a week: leaking.

Therefore, I'm very intrigued by what I'm hearing about the M2s, which could very well be my next choice when my current shocks become due, whenever that might be ... at least 10-15,000 miles into the future.
    Last edited by SilverSurfer; 09-09-2019 at 12:11 PM. Reason: Additional info

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

love love mine handling is incredible

Spyder Garage

Fact of life, if there is a chance something will break it will. Elka is tried and true and are a leader in this industry bar none. Suspension is the backbone to to make or break your ride, to touring, sport, drag racing etc. If you are serious and what adjustability and worth every penny, Elka is your choice. If you are not too concerned and still want an amazing product M2. You get what you pay for. Remember cheap is expensive and expensive is cheap.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie69 View Post
    Fact of life, if there is a chance something will break it will. Elka is tried and true and are a leader in this industry bar none. Suspension is the backbone to to make or break your ride, to touring, sport, drag racing etc. If you are serious and what adjustability and worth every penny, Elka is your choice. If you are not too concerned and still want an amazing product M2. You get what you pay for. Remember cheap is expensive and expensive is cheap.
    Elka is merely popular in segments where the big players do not bother with. If Ohlins offered Spyder shocks ELKA and others would cringe. If Fox was not offered as a BRP option, and was offering their highest end products for Spyders, ELKA would cringe. If Penske offered Spyder shocks, I think you get the idea.

In short, ELKA does well in a market with minimal competition.