Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: corbin/brp seat

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Corbin Trunk Box

We bought the Corbin trunk box with the back rest. Expensive, but worth the comfort and extra storage. The back rest is very comfortable! We still have the factory seat on our bike and like it as well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Very good..
    I do hope you ride it more than to the store... I have almost 12K and it has been returned to Corbin once, and I have now riden it almost 6k, and please don't ask what I really think.
    I used a air hawk, single sheep skin, and then a double sheep skin for my trip to LA. If I had not had the additional stuff on the seat I would have died. As it was it was very very uncomfortable..
    Like LaMonster says, some has stock butts, some Corbin butts, and some has Day Long Butts. Needless to say my corbin is going bye bye as soon as I get a "My Butt seat."

I wish I would have known that Forest. I would have offered to let you sit on my Russell seat on any of those days we were traveling together out to LA. You might have been able to get an idea about how the Russell seats would work for you.

I will say that in 2 days of back to back iron butt rides, a 500 mile ride day, 2 days of about 200 miles and another 6 days of 500 mile rides, my butt was never the determining factor in me pulling over or quitting a ride for the day. I do generally ride my Spyder daily but probably only average about 20 - 30 miles per day (around town, back and forth to work, church, etc.) so its not like I was conditioned to long distance rides. Definitely nothing approaching 1,000 miles like I did the first two days of the LA trip. I am totally sold on the Russell saddles and highly recommend them to anyone seeking a better seat.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Default Stupid Seat Cowl

So, my seat cowl is coming...had I known that the tabs would eventually break off I probably wouldn't have ordered it. Where is the posting regarding how to fix this?

Spyder Garage

Amanda, do a search in the "How To" forum for two side velcro as that is the fix. Make four straps. Attach under the seat cowl where the rubber tabs went. Straps go around and under the seat and overlap each other. Left to right.
    Marilyn