Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trec1 View Post
    I have a backrest and the Rox risers on my 2018 F3. We just took our first "real" ride this weekend. 583 miles over 2 days. I found that even with both of those add ons, my back still hurt. What I realized for me is that I tended to try and actually lean against the backrest. That put my hands just a little too far from the bars. I noticed that if I adjusted my posture to a more straight up position, it lessened the pain dramatically. My back was still against the rest, I just stopped trying to lean against it. I'm thinking about modifying the backrest with a piece of 1 inch foam to help to straighten me up a bit.
    I'm sort of doing the same thing. I just try to touch the backrest and use it as a guide to how far back I can go. I try to keep my back relaxed and the arms stretched just enough that the back muscles are not activated. So far it's working.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

I have attitude bars which are more cruiser style bars and RoxRisers with a mustang seat and back rest also Spyder Web floor boards which lets me have the ability to adjust my body position as I ride .
    love the bars with the risers a more relaxed hand , wrist and arm position .
    2015 F3S , silver

Spyder Garage

I have the same issue. I am having my seat custom to add and push me up an inch and a gel pad and heat added too!

Spyder Garage

I need to clarify something. I said a few times that the short reach handlebars were expensive. When I bought mine, I realized there were two options. The expensive option and the less expensive option. The expensive option is the chrome version. The black coated version is about 1/3 of the price of the chrome version. Obviously, I bought the black coated and I'm quite happy with it. That said, the backrest is outrageously expensive and if I had known of other aftermarket options, I would have bought aftermarket.

J
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

You may also find that you have an adjustment screw that lets you move the back rest forward and backward to find your comfort zone, that's what i did. I also ride with a back protector in my jacket that takes up space to the back rest works well.
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

That's very interesting! I was curious what that random bolt was in the backrest. It may be for adjustment! I'm going to look into that.