Spyder Garage

Default Just got my Can Am putting on Micron Exhaust

I just got my Spyder and have ordered a Micron exhaust. I've noticed the stock exhaust has a nice heat shield on the pipe. Is there one that would fit with the Micron exhaust and elbow? I don't want to melt my shoes!

Spyder Garage

Unless you do something really crazy, I have not seen anybody melt their shoes on the elbow yet.

After 18 months with mine I have not even come close to it yet.

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    Unless you do something really crazy, I have not seen anybody melt their shoes on the elbow yet.

After 18 months with mine I have not even come close to it yet.

MM
    From the position, the BRP shield seems to be more for looks than for protection. Hard to get your foot in there without really trying (and burning your leg on the muffler first).
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    From the position, the BRP shield seems to be more for looks than for protection. Hard to get your foot in there without really trying (and burning your leg on the muffler first).
    -Scotty

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

When rideing two up the wife has part of her foot on the heat shield from time to time, mostly when she repositions her feet. With out the heat shield there would be melted rubber on my exhaust.

Spyder Garage

When I first installed my Micron, there was an increase in heat to my passenger. However, it was a little kid wanting to have his picture taken next to the bike that got my attention. He backed up right to the bike and nearly burned himself on the pipe.

I went to Autozone and bought fiber exhaust wrap. Since I had it, I also wrapped the exhaust on the left side under the the plastic. It reduced the heat I felt on the left side also.

Happy Owner
    Chances are the referenced post is positive in nature, may result in a solution, alteration, modification, or highlights an extraordinary event or ride, that's worth posting.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Spyder Garage

welcome and

I have the Micron exhaust and haven't had any heat problems myself or had any reported to me by my passengers. I love that sound, too!

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Thanks for the input. I am clumsy, so I know if I don't figure something out I'll end up burning myself. I'll try the fiber tape I think.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

welcome Nice to have you aboard. Check out the Indiana thread every now and then. We get together and ride. Let us know where you are.
    Dick

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    -Scotty
    Huh.

Now that I think about it, I have burned my leg on every bike exhaust I've owned...except the Spyder.

Wonder why... Don't think I am any less clumsy than when I was young...

Spyder Garage

Default Got the Micron on...now break light problems???

Hi all! I live in the Madison IN area. I just got the Micron exhaust put on and it is nice and loud!! I'm not sure if this is connected in any way or not, but when I was riding it the caution light came on and said the parking break was on, I pulled over and messed with the parking break and the light went off. I started riding again, and it happened again. It was a smelly ride, but I don't know if that was because of the parking break issue, the new exhaust or both and I'm not sure what was going on with the parking break. I stopped for a bit and then rode again, and didn't have the parking break issue at all. Any ideas what it might be or what I should do? I've only had the thing a week now, so I'm new to caring for it.