Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll bet that he genuinely appreciated the offer...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

yikes im the one flying those black choppers

Spyder Garage

One from the other side. 1958 Eglin AFB, FLA. A one stripe, brand new Air policeman. Armed robbery in Ft Walton Beach, shot fired, some in rear of 58 Chev (just out). Dawn and I come up behind a 58 chev with dark spots on trunk lid. Turn on the bubble gum machine (Single red rotating light), call on the radio foir help. Car pulls over , but nobody get out when told to over PA. Person in vehicle appreas to slide further down in seat. I become a distant observer with all the Air Cops. local and state guys by now. Same demand, no responce. All vehicle heaadlights shinning toward car. Red light on.

Just for information, in those days, few airman were a two car family. Most had one car and wife took husband to work, if she needed to go to the store. Most wivies were a stay at home type.

The wheels were getting excited and then siad, over the PA, get out or we will start shooting. It was light enough to see clear by now. The car door opened slowly and a youg lady eases out in a very pretty baby doll nighty and stands there. Lights start getting shut off. When asked why she had not got out when I sarted the stop. she said, she did she did not want to get embarrassed. She was to take her husband to work and it was dark and nobody would notice if she did not put anything else on. she almost made it off base.
    Later on, her and her husband would drop cookies and stuff off at the gates, because as they put it. She wanted us to know who she was. I will say, her and that car were the best known on base at the time.
    Sometimes, being a cop make life interesting
    Oldmanzues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Valdosta jail and judge

Glad this thread got resurrected.

Back in the mid-80's my friend and I left Ohio heading for Daytona and bike week. It was pretty cold in February on the way down but by the time we reached mid-Georgia it had warmed up a bit. I was on my '82 Honda Aspencade that had a few farkles on it and my buddy was riding his Harley FXE Superglide.

Just around dusk we were passed by a group of Harley riders going just a bit faster than we were so we tagged on behind them and bumped the speed up several notches. Just north of Valdosta on I-75 we ran into a Lowndes County radar set up and everyone got through it but they waved me over.

I had a lot of goodies on the Honda and had mounted some small blue baby lights on the rear light bar.

"Those are illegal in this state", said the officer as I straddled the bike.

The next command was ..."get off that bike and stand by my car."

I did as I was told but watched the 18 wheelers going by rocking my Aspencade on its side stand.

As politely as I could I told the officer I was concerned about the bike going over and asked if I could put it on the center stand for protection.

"Stay where I told you!", was the response.

Then a particularly big back wash came from one of the trucks and over went my bike, crashing down into the gully on the fairing.

I got very upset and used some language suggesting the officer's mother and father weren't related. In about ten seconds I was on the ground with both hands cuffed behind my back and under arrest.

After a few hours in the Valdosta jail, I came in front of an unhappy Justice of the Peace and was quickly told the amount of money it would take to continue on my way, along with a warning to come back next month for my date in court if I wished to dispute the officer's version of events. The fine plus the towing and storage charges for the Aspencade completely wiped out my finances so my buddy had to lend me money to continue on to Daytona.

A guy at the towing compound gave me a roll of duct tape to make my bike rideable but I had to use the whole roll to get the fairing supported enough to ride.

I never did remove those blue lights.
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Hard to select on this one. Most have come in cars, like driving my 62 Chevy II with the straight axle and 425 hp big block Chevy, complete with fenderwell headers, down the highway circa 1968, and getting pulled over by the Michigan State police. Never even offered an excuse except "We just want to look at your gasser. Hope you don't mind"

Best one on a bike was when I first got my Honda CB92R Super Sport Racer. First Honda over-the-counter race bike. I tried to ride it on the street by sticking tomato soup cans over the megaphones, and punching holes in them. Still loud with the rudimentary baffles. Going down the street when a cop pulls in behind me. I coasted as far as I could, but got stopped at a traffic light, with him stopped right behind. Trying very hard to keep the rpm and noise down, I pulled away from the light, only to suddenly hear a loud BOOM, followed by a rumble. I had blown off one of the soup cans. Needless to say, I got pulled over. Cop takes me back to his car, and points to the headlight that broke when my soup can hit it. The ensuing ticket was inevitable.
    -Scotty
    had that happen in 1970 in my Porsche 914, more than once!
    3:16

Spyder Garage

Default Salinas

Although I can’t top some of these, here is my most memorable.
    February 1982, I was making decent time down CA1 in Salinas. I was riding my R65 BMW with a Rabid Transit fairing.

Looked in the mirror for a traffic check as I pulled into the left land to pass a Greyhound bus and noticed a CHP closing fast with the old single spot lamp red light aglow. Being the law abiding type I signaled and took the next exit which happened to have a gas station at the end of the ramp.

Got stopped and had my helmet off and laying on top of the tank by the time CHP got of his car at a hard trot with pen and ticket book already in hand. His first question, “Do you have a drivers’ license?” which I somehow found a little humorous in light of my rate of speed.

My reply, “Of course I do. You don’t think I would be riding like that without one do you?” He literally dropped his pen and had to pick it up. He then gives me a quizzical look and says, “What did you say?” and I repeated myself.

At this point he calms down a bit and asks the usual do you know how fast you were going. Truthfully, I didn’t know, but, was pretty sure I would be spending the evening in beautiful Salinas. My response, “No sir, I didn’t have time to look. But, I was being safe doing my head and mirror checks before passing anybody.”

He mentioned that it sure looks fast for a BMW. Ever the daring one, I mentioned I guess I just proved that point.

At this point, he finally asked for my registration and I ask permission to dismount and get it from under the seat. As I was doing so, he noticed the base sticker on the bike and asked what I did in the navy.

You won’t believe it. We had been on the same submarine for a spec op several years earlier. I was a forward spook type and he was a reactor operator. Since we had worked opposite shifts, we never met during the three month deployment.

End of the conversation was that I was getting a ticket. I responded, “That’s fine, you got me fair and square. Not the first one I ever deserved and only the second I have ever received.”

He wrote me for ten over at sixty-five after having told me he clocked me at ninety-seven in a fifty-five.

And that was my last ticket.
    SS1000, BB1500
    Pain is temporary, Pride is forever

Spyder Garage

Mine was in 1998 and in was in early March. Ice had been off the road for a few days so I decided to ride my 600 cc Yamaha to work that day. My job was 50 miles from home and I started at 6:00 AM so I was on the road by 5:00 AM all bundled up for the cold. As I was navigating an S curve I passed a car going the opposite direction, but I paid no attention to it.
    Soon headlights appeared in my mirrors. As the car got closer I increased my speed to keep a proper distance from it, but it got closer so I again increased my speed. Again the car got closer so I increased my speed and at this point he turned on his lights.
    I pulled over thinking ticket time as I know I was speeding.
    The young LEO came up to me and said." I am not going to give you a ticket I just want to know how fast you were going when you passed me in the curve.
    Now I know I was going the speed limit when I was in the curve as I looked just before I entered it and just after I exited it, but I am thinking if I tell him that he will give me a ticket for thinking I was lying to him. I told him that I did not know. He must of thought that I was saying that to avoid a ticket for speeding so again he tells me that he will not give me a ticket he just wants to know. I tell him sorry officer, but I was looking down the road and did not look at the speedometer.
    He was true to his word and did not give me a ticket. I think I startled him in the curve and he thought that I was going faster then I was.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

My favorite involvement with the police is.......................

No involvement at all ?
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Other side of the track ..................................

3:00 AM in the morning i am sitting in my squad car backed into a driveway all blacked out, .............. i see this really big man walking down the street, now i figure he is about 6'8" and probably close to 400 Lbs, this is a small city and i don't recognize him, he walks into a driveway and looks all around before he opens a car door and turn out the interior lights, i know he don't live at this house, so while he is busy in the car i walk up behind him with my shotgun and rack a round into the chamber (sweet sound) and order him out of the car and onto the ground with his hands in plain sight, he complies. he was a repo man and trying to repo this car, he had all his paperwork so i told him we were both lucky that night and he replied how so? I explained that if he had decided to come at me i would have had no other option but to shoot him with that shotgun because i would not have stood a chance in a fair fight, he understood and proceeded to repo the car without anyone in the neighbor hood any wiser. I explained to him that the next time he better notify the PD before roaming the streets at night.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

In 1998 the police stopped me in Fairborn, Ohio. I was riding a blue goldwing at the time. As he fiddled around running my plate, I asked him why he stopped me. He said there had been reports of someone on a red motorcycle speeding around some neighborhoods. Since I could think of no response to this that wouldn't escalate the situation, I just said "oh" and waited for him to let me go....which he did.....

Spyder Garage

This was on my Hayabusa.

After 23,000 miles trouble free miles I was finally pulled over by the police, I was heading home from buying a new ARAI full face helmet, when a fire truck pulled out of the gas station in front of me. I am about one mile from the house when I saw a city police officer come up from the side street, stop and then pull out behind me, speed up to catch me and turn on his lights. Now I have a fire truck in front of me and a police officer behind, time to pull over. Stop the bike, get off, take off gloves, helmet, unzip jacket and wait for the officer to get out of his car. He gets out and walks up, I ask him why he stops me, he just replies license, insurance please. I dig those out and again ask him why he stopped me. He replies motorcycle inspection. I think something is up.
    Then a county Sheriff pulls up, gets out, looks at me and shakes his head. I’m thinking this is going to get bad quick. I am thinking that I just bought a new Arai helmet in Bedford, which is 45 miles away and I have a receipt with a time stamp on it that might get me off. The Sheriff has a couple of words with the officer and then gets back in his car and leaves. The other officer hands me my paper work back. I again ask him what the deal is. Turns out the Sheriff had a radar trap set up and some old guy blew thru it at 115mph. about all he saw was some nice custom bike fly by. The officer thought my black and orange looked good and fast, so he pulled me over so the Sheriff could ID me. Glad the Sheriff said it wasn’t me. I was only doing 30mph at the time. I did tell the officer when he asked if my bike would go that speed, that according to the gearing chart it would do that in second gear. He asked me how many gears do you have, I replied 6. He said Holy Cow, how fast will it go. Again I said that according to the gearing chart it could hit 212mph if everything is right. He asked me if I planned to find out, I said yes ( his eyes get real big) at the Texas mile, at the Land Speed Racing event. We had a couple of good laughs, then he went to look for that old guy on the custom bike.

I think I need to get some hair dye.

2014 RT Limited Cognac ----- Wraps, skid plate, lights, Elkas
    2002 harley ultra classic
    2008 hayabusa

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I finally got around to reading this thread and I'm glad I did. These are some great stories. I have quite a speeding career, but I have only a couple of "good" stories, except to say I've been let go with warnings for more than I deserve. BTW I don't do that anymore - well, mostly.

I have a brother who is two years older than me, and managed to get known to the local police really well. My parents never learned about it until we were much older. When I was a senior in high school, I was allowed to leave an hour early to go to my job at my family's business. I could not go in any direction to get there without going through a school zone. Of course I was always in a hurry. Once I was stopped in the school zone and before even asking for my DL, the guy asked my name. I told him and he asked if Rxxx Rxxx is my brother. I said he is. The cop just sighed in a sorrowful manner, told me to slow down and let me go. I think I got away with more because my brother had blazed the trail.

A few years ago, Krispy Kreme opened 2 new stores in Wichita while I was there visiting with a friend. We decided to go for some of those melt-in-your-mouth heavenly donuts. It was such a big event and the traffic in and out of the parking area was horrific. They had some off-duty cops there directing traffic. We parked pretty far off and walked to the store. As we walked past one of the cops, I made some smart-a$$ comment regarding cops and donuts. He was not amused, and just told us to move along.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Spyder Garage

Ah, high school days.... I was getting home from a date, we won't go into what time it was, came up my street from the west, and pulled in the driveway, as I was getting out of the car, a police car came from the east, lights and siren going, and pulled in behind me. The LEO got out, walked up, told me he had clocked me at 45 in a 25, and he was giving me a ticket that would take my license till I was 18. I told him his daughter was home, safe and sound, 3 hours ago.

john

Spyder Garage

When I was 19 my wife was kicked hard in the chest by a horse. It turned out to be life threatening so I would stay and sleep at the hospital then go to work. I just go home to dress for my night shift when I received a call from my mother saying my sister had been in a bad accident in Vancouver BC and I had to go to check up on her. Exhausted from 5 weeks of attending to my wife in intensive care this was the last thing I needed. In frustration I punched it and hit the freeway in my special edition factory raced 351 Cleveland powered Ranchero. I buried the needle so had no idea how fast I was going when I seen the red light start flashing about a mile behind me. I thought good luck, you will never catch me but then I realized the light was getting closer. I was amazed but made the smart decision, slowed down and pulled over.

When he came up to me I broke out sobbing. He was a nice guy and asked what was the matter so I told him about my situation. He asked me to get out of the car and open the hood which I did. He looked at the shaker hood scope and the headers and asked a few questions about this and that. He then said to close the hood and calmly said "this is a fast car but it was not safe to do the speeds I was doing (136 miles per hour he said). He said I would be no help to either of them if I killed myself so slow down and go get your sister.

As he walked away he asked why I pulled over at all. I told him I seen him pulling up on me so I knew it was me he was after. He laughed and said, no, he had just pulled on the freeway but had received a call from an other patrol car that was in pursuit of pickup doing over 120 MPH. Just as he said this the other car pulled up and in front of me, the two police officers chatted then they both got in the cars and left. I stood there confused about what had just happened, then got in my ride and proceed to do the speed limit. I found out later that the first car clocked me as I passed under the overpass but had some kind of problem and had to pull over to fix it. He would not have been able to catch me with his patrol car so he called for the freeway chase car to take over the chase.
    Last edited by bluestratos; 09-03-2014 at 05:54 PM.

Spyder Garage

Ok, I'll add my favorite.

Was about 5:30 am on the tues after Memorial day weekend a few years ago. I was headed to work up the Sam Houston Tollway on the west side of Houston. No traffic and I was in no real hurry to get back to the office. Look in my rear view and see blue flashing lights. I pull to the shoulder, stop the car, roll down the window and put my hands on the steering wheel in plain sight.

Young DPS officer (state) walks up to the window and asks if I knew why he pulled me over. I said no, and I know its not for speeding as I was well under the 65 limit. He said no, not for speeding. I pulled you over because the holiday weekend is a no tolerance buckle up enforcement time and I was not wearing my safety belt.

I just looked straight down at the buckle in my lap, it was still fastened. He saw me do so and asked where my shoulder belt was. I told him the car did not have shoulder belts, lap belts only and I always wear my safety belt. He asked for licence and insurance and said he was going to write me a citation for removing required safety equipment and for not wearing my safety belt.

I again told him the car does not have shoulder belts nor has it ever. It was not equipped with shoulder belts when Ford built it. They were not even an OPTION for several years after my 1965 Mustang GT was built. Officer replied that all cars have shoulder belts and was going to write the citation. I watched him in my rear view. He went back to his cruiser and got on the radio. Came back a few minutes later and told me I could go. Made for quite a story around the office that day.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry selfie cop

Here in Guadalajara , cops pulled me over so their commander could take a picture on my Spyder..... Even worse I had to take the picture of all of em posing on it.

Spyder Garage

Other then my wife's brother which is a Delaware State cop I prefer no involvement

Bill

2013 RSS Neutron Green
    BRP HID's and Fogs
    Custom Belt Tension
    2014 side panels
    HMF Exhaust
    K&N air filter
    Bajaron sway bar and links