Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Donnizeti View Post
    Hi stebrock, "the wind hits me at the top of my head" does that mean there's still some buffeting?

Just got my new F3L SS 2022 and I get some buffeting, light to medium. I use to rode a F3S SS with the Route 129 without any buffeting.

I'm 5'11'.
    . stebrock's post in this thread was waaaayyy back in April 2019 Donni - it always pays to check the start date and the date of the last few posts in any thread you want to reply to, as well as checking the date of any post in the thread that you might want to directly reply to as you've done here, cos if they're old/ish (like this one ) you might not get an answer!

In this case, you might be lucky, cos stebrock is still around & active on the Forum, so he might check in... there again, he may not be subscribed to this thread any longer so he may not know you've asked him a question, so it might pay to send him a Private Message - if you don't already know how to do this, just click on his username & select Private Message from the drop down list, then put in a Msg subject & type your question into the appropriate field when the PM page comes up, before submitting it. Then over the next few days or a week or so, watch the Notifications box up the top right of your screen & click on it when it starts flashing Red at you to tell you there's a msg waiting in your Inbox. If you want to Reply to his return Private Message, you don't really need to quote back everything he just sent you (unless it's necessary for your reply to make sense, but I reckon he'll know what he sent you! ) so you can delete everything contained within the 'QUOTE' delimiters at the start & Finish of the text in the Reply field & then type in your response.

Drop me or any of the other Mods a PM if you have any hassles (our usernames show up as Green). Good Luck!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-11-2022 at 07:19 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I have a F4 23 inch non vented with the wings, love it. Wife hasn’t been on it yet so don’t know about the buffeting but I can tell you the stock windshield on the F3 Limited is crap! She got hammered with the buffeting so bad she wouldn’t get on it anymore. So I’m hoping my grand investment will take care of her issues. Now I have to come up with some covers that fit it; stock cover and half cover do fit, but not the way I would like them to!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-12-2022 at 04:50 AM. Reason: buffering (material reducing shock or damage) - buffeting (striking something repeatedly)
    2019 F3 Limited Pearl White

Spyder Garage

F4 Windshield sounds great. On a side note, my wife's 2019 F3-T has the Tall Boy Touring windshield. Bought it used and we are finding the top edge of the windshield is right in her line of sight. Needs to slouch to see through it. Want to get her a new one, unfortunately, the mounting brackets for this windshield have bolts that are 5 3/8 inch center to center. The original equipment brackets are 3 1/2 inches center to center. Any windshield we consider will not work on this. Does anyone know where a good place to get them might be - without paying the $115 per bracket price?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    . stebrock's post in this thread was waaaayyy back in April 2019 Donni - it always pays to check the start date and the date of the last few posts in any thread you want to reply to, as well as checking the date of any post in the thread that you might want to directly reply to as you've done here, cos if they're old/ish (like this one ) you might not get an answer!

In this case, you might be lucky, cos stebrock is still around & active on the Forum, so he might check in... there again, he may not be subscribed to this thread any longer so he may not know you've asked him a question, so it might pay to send him a Private Message - if you don't already know how to do this, just click on his username & select Private Message from the drop down list, then put in a Msg subject & type your question into the appropriate field when the PM page comes up, before submitting it. Then over the next few days or a week or so, watch the Notifications box up the top right of your screen & click on it when it starts flashing Red at you to tell you there's a msg waiting in your Inbox. If you want to Reply to his return Private Message, you don't really need to quote back everything he just sent you (unless it's necessary for your reply to make sense, but I reckon he'll know what he sent you! ) so you can delete everything contained within the 'QUOTE' delimiters at the start & Finish of the text in the Reply field & then type in your response.

Drop me or any of the other Mods a PM if you have any hassles (our usernames show up as Green). Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by valles3402 View Post
    F4 Windshield sounds great. On a side note, my wife's 2019 F3-T has the Tall Boy Touring windshield. Bought it used and we are finding the top edge of the windshield is right in her line of sight. Needs to slouch to see through it. Want to get her a new one, unfortunately, the mounting brackets for this windshield have bolts that are 5 3/8 inch center to center. The original equipment brackets are 3 1/2 inches center to center. Any windshield we consider will not work on this. Does anyone know where a good place to get them might be - without paying the $115 per bracket price?
    As mentioned in the quote above yours valles, it ALWAYS pays to check the dates, cos this thread is now almost 18 months older than when I last posted in it, let alone any of the Original Poster's?!

That said, if the windscreen you currently have fits and works apart from the height, why get a new windscreen?? Why not just cut an inch or two off the top of the screen you have if it's too tall; or if it's too short, why not just add a Laminar Lip or similar 'Extension flip' to the top?? Either way will be a lot easier, likely significantly cheaper, and have none of those bracket issues either...

Just Sayin'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tnkrtoy View Post
    How bout your tall boy. I think shipping to East Tennessee 37601 expensive. If not sold how much. Tinted? Vent? I have a 2017 F3-SE6 Limited. Moved from a Goldwing and too much wind with the mickey mouse stock windshield. Maybe back to the wing...have not registered the bike yet.
    Give the Can Am a chance. You have to put some miles in the saddle to feel comfortable and enjoy. One of my riding buddies had ridden Goldwings forever and he told me over the weekend while we were on a day ride that he would not trade his 2020 RT Limited for 2 new Goldwings if he had to keep them and not be able to sell them.
    2011 Can AM RT-S SE5 Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Leaping1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tnkrtoy View Post
    How bout your tall boy. I think shipping to East Tennessee 37601 expensive. If not sold how much. Tinted? Vent? I have a 2017 F3-SE6 Limited. Moved from a Goldwing and too much wind with the mickey mouse stock windshield. Maybe back to the wing...have not registered the bike yet.
    Give the Can Am a chance. You have to put some miles in the saddle to feel comfortable and enjoy. One of my riding buddies had ridden Goldwings forever and he told me over the weekend while we were on a day ride that he would not trade his 2020 RT Limited for 2 new Goldwings if he had to keep them and not be able to sell them.
    Same thing I said to valles applies to you Leaping, it ALWAYS pays to check the dates of any post you are planning on replying to before you post...

That post you quoted above was posted waaaayyy back in APRIL 2019!! So I strongly suspect that one way or another, Tnkrtoy has moved on juuust a little from what he posted waaaay back then...

Just Sayin'
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 02-28-2024 at 11:06 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A little late to post on this. On my '20 F3S L, I have a Mastad FST-20. It is one of the best windshields on any of the 2 or 3 wheeled vehicles I have had. Even adjustable, quiet, and no buffeting.

Last edited by Peter Aawen; 03-05-2024 at 03:13 PM. Reason: ' 's .... Can't do much about the massive pic size tho! 8-/
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L