Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

It is not only the volume ,but the reception sucks big time .Never had a radio this bad on any bike i have owned.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    It is not only the volume ,but the reception sucks big time .Never had a radio this bad on any bike i have owned.
    They put a ton of Loctight on antenna threads. Unscrew a bit to break it, that improves reception. I messed around w mine for a bit and that was enough to get better reception. Some take it out completely, clean and put back. I’ve heard that works good. I only have 2 rock stations by me, unscrewing and putting back on allowed me to get both stations, even when in garage. Before doing that I’d only get 1 station if I was in certain areas. Much better now. I wanna figure out how to get Sirius on my ‘18. Not the best FM choices by me. Good luck.
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

SpyderLovers Sponsor scooterexpress's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    They put a ton of Loctight on antenna threads. Unscrew a bit to break it, that improves reception. I messed around w mine for a bit and that was enough to get better reception. Some take it out completely, clean and put back. I’ve heard that works good. I only have 2 rock stations by me, unscrewing and putting back on allowed me to get both stations, even when in garage. Before doing that I’d only get 1 station if I was in certain areas. Much better now. I wanna figure out how to get Sirius on my ‘18. Not the best FM choices by me. Good luck.
    jarred, i have sirus/xm portable i use a f.m. modulator so i can tune in to a fm station i only listen to the 70s so i don't worry about changing stations. but it works great and its cheaper than buying the one brp offers.

Tall flag mount, spyderpops skid plate & stainless steel screen mesh, airhawk adjustable cushion, raised white lettered tires.

Spyder Garage

I would like to change out the OEM speakers on my 2018 rt limited - any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

I quit messing with sirius altogether. I have my phone paired to my RT and run the Pandora app and listen to the stations I built up...Best of all, it's free. ;-{D
    2019 RT Limited , 2" Pedal Extender W/Oversize Pedal Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I have a 2018 RTL and was having a time getting the music loud enough to hear at highway speeds. I went through the music settings and found the audio volume control low, medium and high settings. I turned it to high and now I only have to turn my speakers up to just under half way and it is pleasant to listen to when idle and it seems to get louder as we pickup speed which is weird but we like it. It is now loud enough for any speed. I hope this helps as I just found this and worked with it. Yes, I read the manual and it doesn't ay much about the 3 levels at all, normally I don't mess with the sound system of any vehicle I have as they seem decent to listen to.
    Thank you,
    Ray B.
    These are the states I have driven my Spyder Rt Limited too.

Mudflap -- Walmart
    Tricled Headlights and Fog lights -- valueaccessories.comRimsavers -- RimBladesUSA.com
    Showchrome Tiregard (TPMS) -- motorcycleid.com
    Front and side grilles -- CanAmSpyderAccessories
    Passenger arm rest -- Diamond R Accessories
    Rear axle caps -- Lamonster
    Magic Mirrors -- Lamonster
    Yellow and red running and blinker lights on fender --Show Chrome
    TRUNK-MOUNTED, DOUBLE FLAG HOLDER -- Rivco
    Rear Brake light for trunk -- Custom Dynamics
    Bumpskid w/led lights -- Spyderpops
    Seat cushion -- Airhawk
    Cup holders -- Drink2Go
    Ultragard-4-457BK-Black-Cover-Spyder -- Big Bike Parts

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyray View Post
    ...found the audio volume control low, medium and high settings. ...it seems to get louder as we pickup speed which is weird but we like it.
    Most touring bikes and most current cars have the same feature. It raises the volume of the radio the faster you go to compensate for louder wind noise, engine noise, etc. Low will only raise the volume a little, high will raise it a lot.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Most touring bikes and most current cars have the same feature. It raises the volume of the radio the faster you go to compensate for louder wind noise, engine noise, etc. Low will only raise the volume a little, high will raise it a lot.
    I didn't know that but I was wondering if some of the people on here talking about how low the volume is if they knew the feature was available.
    Thank you,
    Ray B.
    These are the states I have driven my Spyder Rt Limited too.

Mudflap -- Walmart
    Tricled Headlights and Fog lights -- valueaccessories.comRimsavers -- RimBladesUSA.com
    Showchrome Tiregard (TPMS) -- motorcycleid.com
    Front and side grilles -- CanAmSpyderAccessories
    Passenger arm rest -- Diamond R Accessories
    Rear axle caps -- Lamonster
    Magic Mirrors -- Lamonster
    Yellow and red running and blinker lights on fender --Show Chrome
    TRUNK-MOUNTED, DOUBLE FLAG HOLDER -- Rivco
    Rear Brake light for trunk -- Custom Dynamics
    Bumpskid w/led lights -- Spyderpops
    Seat cushion -- Airhawk
    Cup holders -- Drink2Go
    Ultragard-4-457BK-Black-Cover-Spyder -- Big Bike Parts