Spyder Garage

Default Raising a f3 limited

Bought a 17 f3 limited a few weeks ago. Was just able to join spyder lovers. Already done a few things to it. Don’t know why I didn’t do it sooner. Came off of a 650 burg man. My 79 year old bones don’t like laying down to clean it. Thinking a harbor freight mc lift is in order.
    Question does the leveling rod need to be disconnected before lifting it off the ground?
    It has automatic leveling.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

First off. Welcome to the forum. I have a 2018 I just lift it. Don't unhook anything. I wouldn't turn the key on while lifted or the compressor will fill the bag. Did that on my RT I had. Didn't hurt it. It was just sitting high up in the back. It releveled itself. Just watch where you lift. Make sure your lifting on the frame only. Some parts sit low.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by toolie View Post
    Bought a 17 f3 limited a few weeks ago. Was just able to join spyder lovers. Already done a few things to it. Don’t know why I didn’t do it sooner. Came off of a 650 burg man. My 79 year old bones don’t like laying down to clean it. Thinking a harbor freight mc lift is in order.
    Question does the leveling rod need to be disconnected before lifting it off the ground?
    It has automatic leveling.

Thanks
    It is safest to drive it up onto car ramps. Cheap at Harbor Freight.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the Forum & the wonderful world of Spyder Ryding & Miles of Smiles Toolie!

For my 2 bob's worth, leaving the rear suspension hanging when the bike is lifted just MIGHT bend the ride height/levelling arm or the bracket the sensor box is mounted on - it certainly does that reasonably often on the RT's, only many people just don't notice that it's done any damage until later on, when they eventually work out that their height adjust isn't working!!

Sooo, I'd suggest it's a good idea to play it safe & disconnect the rod if you must lift your Spyder leaving the rear wheel hanging; & do this especially if you're disconnecting the rear shock mount for any reason; only do remember to re-connect the rod when you set it back down!!

And if you don't need to play with a hanging rear wheel or suspension, then like UtahPete suggested, it's probably safest to drive it up onto car ramps/a ramp.... depending on which end you need raised, of course!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I don’t see how lifting the bike would hurt the leveling arm. Now if you disconnect the rear shock bolt then it would be an issue.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    I don’t see how lifting the bike would hurt the leveling arm. Now if you disconnect the rear shock bolt then it would be an issue.
    I Agree only if shock bolt is removed.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies, each one was very helpful. I’ll probably make some 2x8 ramps for each wheel and drive it up to stay level. Found a ramp with 2 rollers you can drive up on and then spin the wheel by hand, it’s 22 dollars at Harbor Freight.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Congrats & welcome !