Spyder Garage

Default Anybody effected by the wildfires

Hi guys im in Australia so im seeing the wild fires over your way.have any members been effected by the disaster.you guys certainly have your share of wild weather events to put up with.i hope your all ok.

Spyder Garage

My guess would be that those who are truly affected will probably not be looking at a computer since their home my be gone. I live two hours north of one fire and five hours south of the other one. We count our blessings.

Spyder Garage

I?m in the SF Bay Area and we are choking on the smoke for the 5th day in a row. It?s horrible. Schools were cancelled today.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Truly a sad situation. Our thoughts and go out to them. So far, not much posting here about the situation(s)

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

SF air quality was worst in the world yesterday.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    SF air quality was worst in the world yesterday.
    Just think if you didn't have a home to get into and you had to be outside in that stuff 24/7. Not so bad now is it?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Just think if you didn't have a home to get into and you had to be outside in that stuff 24/7. Not so bad now is it?
    I don’t get that response at all. I was merely responding to a member in Australia not complaining. Of course I’m glad to have a home to get into.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don’t get that response at all. I was merely responding to a member in Australia not complaining. Of course I’m glad to have a home to get into.
    Sorry, I apologize. Its just that we're a little touchy up here about all the victims with no homes to go to and the loss of life that continues to increase as the days go by.

Spyder Garage

Sorry, I apologize. Its just that we're a little touchy up here about all the victims with no homes to go to and the loss of life that continues to increase as the days go by.
    No prob 2dogs we are completely sympathetic to what is happening everywhere and to all that have lost loved ones and property. I’m glad to know or at least hope you are safe.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Where are you? I hope you don't mind me asking.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default No...

But have family as close as LA having to evacuate. It is rough and the body count rises every day... for all up that way...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Every time I see the news it’s worse. Now over 1000 missing. Absolutely heartbreaking.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for asking, Stu. I was wondering the same thing. We're just coming into our fire season - very scary stuff.

Spyder Garage

Every time I see the news it’s worse. Now over 1000 missing. Absolutely heartbreaking.
    from what I hear on radio , the missing are in the mix of those that now have no homes , and are in the shelters , and no way to communicate with those that are looking , ( just the opinion of the news casters ) did I also hear right the story of the couple who took in the elderly service guy ( think he was in his 90`s ) was a scam article ? ( from yesterdays news the fires are almost out with the chance of rain today ... prayers for those folks with good showers for today and tomorrow .. ( they do not need heavy down pours on top of this for sure )

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

7FD6AF4D-DF54-4A98-964E-D7FAAC758C43.jpgIt’s truly sad what’s going on. I was in Thousand Oaks at the beginning of October for a few days of riding in the area around Malibu. Truly a beautiful area that will come back. The loss of life in all these fires is heartbreaking.
    Last edited by Highwayman2013; 11-17-2018 at 09:51 AM.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    7FD6AF4D-DF54-4A98-964E-D7FAAC758C43.jpgIt’s truly sad what’s going on. I was in Thousand Oaks at the beginning of October for a few days of riding in the area around Malibu. Truly a beautiful area that will come back. The loss of life in all these fires is heartbreaking.
    My wife's Grandmother lived in Paradise, California when she was alive, and my wife, and I went up there once. This was about 20 years ago, and what I remember it was a beautiful area. for everyone involved.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyder Garage

I used to live in Paradise and in Magalia, which is just north of the City of Paradise.

My late parents home is likely gone. Another family member lost her house and everything in it. My family is devastated by the loss, but life goes on. I'll be going up there either later this year or in the spring to see what I can do. My son and daughter-in-law have already gone up to help and console family.

All I can say is, it's bad, really bad. With the way that area is laid out and the people living in that area (very elderly), if deaths stay under 100-200 people, then it will be nothing short of a miracle.

I now live is an area that is frequently hit by fires and floods, but the Camp Fire is at whole another level of bad.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    I used to live in Paradise and in Magalia, which is just north of the City of Paradise.

My late parents home is likely gone. Another family member lost her house and everything in it. My family is devastated by the loss, but life goes on. I'll be going up there either later this year or in the spring to see what I can do. My son and daughter-in-law have already gone up to help and console family.

All I can say is, it's bad, really bad. With the way that area is laid out and the people living in that area (very elderly), if deaths stay under 100-200 people, then it will be nothing short of a miracle.

I now live is an area that is frequently hit by fires and floods, but the Camp Fire is at whole another level of bad.
    Sorry to hear about the family home KX but I’m glad that no one in your family was hurt.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light

Spyder Garage

Im so sorry for all the loss you have experienced.i trust there is help for those effected.i dont think we can do much in aus butif there is let the aus group know.
    We went through two firestorms in my local area ,that was scary but we survived by luck.
    Thank you for sharing the painful times.and in time the good ones.

Spyder Garage

Well, my son and daughter-in-law are back from Paradise area (since Paradise is still closed and off limits). My late parents' home is gone. as is my old house, and the aforementioned family member. Thousands are living in tents in parking lots of closed down retail stores and county fairgrounds. FEMA is trying to bring in small portable houses for temporary housing, but that takes time and can't be done overnight. The Federal government and the Red Cross are doing amazing work and everyone is doing the best they can. However, winter is coming and while that area doesn't get extreme weather, it still gets very cold and wet, so time is of the essence.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Goodness! I'm so sorry for your loss.

I've been donating to the local disaster relief fund myself that's completely volunteer. There's organizations like Red Cross, or California's Wildfire relief fund that also help. I think a little of anything is worth it.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black