Spyder Garage

Default How much to ask?

I have a 2016 F3T SE-6 with 4,100 miles and LOADED with farkels! I want to sell it cause I just don?t ride it. What is best way to determine its worth?

Spyder Garage

When I traded my GS on a Wrangler, I checked kelley blue book. You may want to remove your farkles, and piece meal them out.

Spyder Garage

When I was looking for a bike I used cycle trader and the used market from shops in my state to gauge fair. As for the farkles I agree with Wylie, either piece them out or just don?t add much value for them to your price.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

KBB says suggested retail on that bike in excellent condition with no farkles is $17,605. Considering you can buy new ones on Cycle Trader cheaper than that you might have a hard time selling for that price.

www.cycletrader.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    KBB says suggested retail on that bike in excellent condition with no farkles is $17,605. Considering you can buy new ones on Cycle Trader cheaper than that you might have a hard time selling for that price.

www.cycletrader.com
    The issue I have is I put on a BRP Topcase and a trailer hitch from BRP and those two alone I spent $2,200 and they are new!

Spyder Garage

KBB and NADA blue books are good places to start. The for sale section on SL is also a great place to see what things are going for. An ad with 500 plus hits and no bites--usually indicates an asking price to high.

Farkles are worth less than 25% to nothing on asking price consideration. Best to sell them separately if you can. That's a hard thing if you just put $2K into farkles.

Pricing--to be realistic--should be somewhere between wholesale and high blue book.

Good luck with your sale.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by I-Day View Post
    I have a 2016 F3T SE-6 with 4,100 miles and LOADED with farkels! I want to sell it cause I just don?t ride it. What is best way to determine its worth?
    [SIZE=5]NADA

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

The issue I have is I put on a BRP Topcase and a trailer hitch from BRP and those two alone I spent $2,200 and they are new!

If you get anything for "farckles" you would be lucky.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

There is one like yours in for sale section for 16k. Been there a few days with no hits. Bad time of year to sell.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default What they said....

KBB and NADA is always a good starting point. Then your local sales. But have to agree this is not the best time. End of winter early spring is better. But then a wise old feller told me " there is no worse try than the one you did not make".
    Last edited by Chupaca; 11-17-2018 at 01:35 PM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

the way to sale would be ( if you can hold out ) start of spring , possibly a few weeks after , tax return estimation when folks are getting back and now are spending for spring ! check your area ( regional check of say 150 miles and see if the going price is what you are asking for ... get ready for lookie lous , and riders who just have no idea what they are looking for , ( it is a pain to do both ) ... good luck

Spyder Garage

It is the wrong time of year for selling a good weather toy. 70% of the country is past the riding season.
    Try selling a snow blower in june.
    Prices being asked for used Spyders are not realistic, especially on this forum.

I suggest selling the easily removed farkles. You may get 50-60% of what you paid. Be happy to get 1000-1200 for the case and hitch. Maybe 1400 if you include shipping.

Asking prices don't mean as much as a selling price.

Getting $13,500 for your Spyder should make you happy, it'd be gone and that's what you're after.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My two cents....
    1. Consider half your money already gone.
    2. Put a price on it and see if you get bites and continuously lower it till you do.
    3. Farkels adds NOTHING to its price but does add some incentive.
    4. Is it under warranty? (a huge selling point).
    5. A bottle of 100% proof liquor will help ease the financial loss.
    6. Advertise on Cycle Trader, Ebay, Spyderlovers and ...…...only take CASH as payment!

Spyder Garage

If it was me, I would put it back to stock and sell the accessories separately. Make sure you don't break anything while you remove the farkles (don't ask me about my 800$ mistake). Make it look like new. get all the maintenance records, determine its KBB value, take a bit off if you can stomach it and put it on cycle trader.

GL
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

RumbleOn offered me $6,500 for mine below with 14,000 miles- It is 9,500 KBB Trade-in and about 9,700 Low Retail on NADA? Obviously I didn,t accept it and will wait to see how much I like the Ryker before selling it in the summer? With a base New Model being only 16,000 and the Ryker at 8,500-11,000 Used Spyders are REALLY suffering!
    You could try Rumble On for a Good Laugh?? They will even pick it up.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

All good advice above. SL is full of knowledgeable people. Ryker, lots of farkles, and time of the year are going to take somewhat of a toll on the selling price at this point in time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After reading this sure changed my mind in ever purchasing a new Can Am Spyder. One year ago I purchased a used 2015 Spyder with 10,000 miles on it and now have little over 30,000 miles on it. It was an RT and I paid $17,000 for it. That must have been way to much. I had planned to ride it another summer and trade it for a new one. The way they depreciate I would never think of buying a new one. Why do these depreciated so much more than regular motorcycles?
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Lamonster Belt Tensioner w/ larger roller
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

I don't think frakels necessarily add to the value of a Spyder. Remember, they are something you wanted, but may not be something I want or need, so my feeling is why should I pay for something I don't want.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

If someone doesn't have a trailer and has no intention of buying one a tow hitch is of little to no value to them, regardless of what it costs.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gerald37 View Post
    .. Why do these depreciated so much more than regular motorcycles?
    they really don't.
    Most bikes depreciate quickly.
    Look around Cycle Trader and check what some sell for (not listed price, but sales price).
    Some brands are more susceptible to heavy depreciation but all suffer with it.
    Seems low priced and high priced suffer the most.

It is most noticeable when a new model comes out or when existing models get lower factory new prices for a new year. Which has happened with the Spyder.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For the last few years I have been trading Goldwings for a new one about every three years. I would have about 50,000 miles on them and trade for around 5,000 dollars. I don't think I can do that with a Spyder.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Spyder Garage

Also, keep in mind that the Spyder is a very specialized vehicle, and as such the market segment is much smaller than for most conventional two wheelers. Fewer buyers means slower sales.
    I agree that this may be the worst time to sell. The riding season is over, and BRP is offering deep discounts on remaining 2018's. I bought a 2018 RTL last month that had an MSRP of 31,000 and paid 23,000.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Insyder View Post
    Also, keep in mind that the Spyder is a very specialized vehicle, and as such the market segment is much smaller than for most conventional two wheelers. Fewer buyers means slower sales.
    I agree that this may be the worst time to sell. The riding season is over, and BRP is offering deep discounts on remaining 2018's. I bought a 2018 RTL last month that had an MSRP of 31,000 and paid 23,000.
    Looks like this would be the way to shop for a new Spyder. They do seem to depreciate pretty fast.
    2021 RT Limited
    Asphalt Grey
    Lamonster RT phone mount
    Sena SMH-10
    Garmin's GPS

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    RumbleOn offered me $6,500 for mine below with 14,000 miles- It is 9,500 KBB Trade-in and about 9,700 Low Retail on NADA? Obviously I didn,t accept it and will wait to see how much I like the Ryker before selling it in the summer? With a base New Model being only 16,000 and the Ryker at 8,500-11,000 Used Spyders are REALLY suffering!
    You could try Rumble On for a Good Laugh?? They will even pick it up.
    Don't get me started about RumbleOn. I contacted them about my 2013 M109. They made me an offer of around $4k. I was only asking $6700 and kbb is around $8k. I was contacted by a consignment shop that guaranteed me my asking price, but it might take a couple of weeks to sell. Their advantage is that they could get financing for anyone, and they were close to a military base, where people spend money on that type of thing. 1 day before taking it there, I got a call from a guy in NY who was interested. I delayed taking it to consignment for 2 days, and he picked it up this weekend for my asking price.

As for the original poster, I think a realistic selling price this time of year is at or around trade in value. If you take it to a consignment shop, it might get private party value, but that might take time. Good Luck.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white