Thread: Kudos to BRP

Spyder Garage

Default Kudos to BRP

When I bought my F3T in fall of 2017, BRP had a special rebate, and added a one year B.E.S.T. warranty extension to the standard 2 years. When I got my warranty card, it showed the extended warranty, but the expiration date was 9-10 months sooner than it should be based on purchase date of my Spyder. When I called BRP, they said I had to work with the dealer. The finance guy at the dealer said he had called BRP, and was waiting for their response.

I came in month after month and got various excuses "The move to the new headquarters in Dallas has them delayed" was my favorite. I finally opened my own discussion with BRP using their website. They got back to me very quickly, called and verified my claims, and worked with the dealer. The finance guy at the dealer had NEVER opened a ticket with BRP.

Turns out my Spyder had been a demo (which I knew), and the warranty on the demo units begins when they place it into service - NOT when it is sold (didn't know that!). Fortunately for me, BRP worked with the dealer and are extending my warranty to the length I expected.

Great customer service once I figured out whose throat to choke!

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear a success story.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-man View Post
    When I bought my F3T in fall of 2017, BRP had a special rebate, and added a one year B.E.S.T. warranty extension to the standard 2 years. When I got my warranty card, it showed the extended warranty, but the expiration date was 9-10 months sooner than it should be based on purchase date of my Spyder. When I called BRP, they said I had to work with the dealer. The finance guy at the dealer said he had called BRP, and was waiting for their response.

I came in month after month and got various excuses "The move to the new headquarters in Dallas has them delayed" was my favorite. I finally opened my own discussion with BRP using their website. They got back to me very quickly, called and verified my claims, and worked with the dealer. The finance guy at the dealer had NEVER opened a ticket with BRP.

Turns out my Spyder had been a demo (which I knew), and the warranty on the demo units begins when they place it into service - NOT when it is sold (didn't know that!). Fortunately for me, BRP worked with the dealer and are extending my warranty to the length I expected.

I had a similar problem when we bought our 2012 RTL (demo unit). I went to a dealer to purchase the extended warranty and the regular warranty had run out 3 months earlier! Proshop Motorsports here in Southern Nevada got in touch with BRP and I was able to purchase the extended warranty.
    Last edited by Highwayman2013; 11-15-2018 at 09:02 AM.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default Great...

Glad they came through even though you had to push them hard to get it done.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-man View Post

The dealer should have known how that works. I'm glad it worked out for you.
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ditto...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Of course the dealer knew how it works. But they hoped you would get tired of complaining.

2018 F3 LIMITED