Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
You were right, with snow a few hours away I went out and tapped it with a screwdriver a few times and then tried to turn with a screwdriver on a rough edge and viola it came out very easy and the threads and mounting surface are like new!!! Looked up the part # to order and No 1330 listed has the Part # available? I called my dealer and he had One in stock so I can now fix it tomorrow and I will measure the oil that leaked in the container below it and add and then do another oil level check test. I will hand tighten and then do the extra 1/4 turn this time.
Could it be they make this part sacrificial ( Like the sprocket VS Output shaft) because if were very hard metal the threads would probably be affected if over torqued? Just a thought?
I was lucky and want to Thank everyone for the constructive comments and videos because I sure learned some good methods if it were worse!!!
I have learned you can Always count on Spyder lovers to help with a problem!!!
I never use a torque wrench on a drain plug. Just design for disaster. They do not need to be all that tight. Just hand snug with a 3/8" drive ratchet is plenty. They will get tighter as they go through heat cycles. That is why your drain plug is always tighter when you take it off than when you installed it. It won't fall out and it won't leak. Which is, I know, what people are concerned about.

If the OEM drain plug is that weak I'd consider one of the aftermarket products. Though it could be just a quality control issue and you got a bad one. I've not heard of anyone else twisting a head off like this. But maybe I just missed that memo!

Certainly great news that the fix was so easy. I am very glad that it worked out as well as it did. Usually you will strip threads long before the head twists off.