Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate upgrades

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I didn't think to say I'm referring to upload option, not URL.
    Both upload options use the same resize program or limits to an image size in both dimensions & file size. Uploads from a URL only get resized.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Sorry, but the upgrade wasnt for the "sake of change".
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JerryB View Post
    Hi easysuper,

Re: I hate upgrades

I cannot say that I hate them. However, as posted elsewhere, these recent changes make me do things differently than before. And, it did take some additional changes to the site and some new techniques for me to learn.

As for photos, I have always and only uploaded them from my computer; never from any other device.

Jerry Baumchen

PS) Now, let's see if I can upload a photo: Voila, there it is; same as always.

I have only uploaded photos from my PC and for the last 4 years has work flawlessly but after this change as soon as I try to upload I get a widow that says it cant.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    I have only uploaded photos from my PC and for the last 4 years has work flawlessly but after this change as soon as I try to upload I get a widow that says it cant.
    What is the message it states?
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

OK, let's clear this up. What is the max files size and max dimensions of the photo on a PC that will successfully upload?

On my computer this photo is 703kb and 2160 x 1926 pixels. On the SL web site it is 73.1 kb and 673 x 600 pixels.

Why does it show up as a link instead of a thumbnail?

Also, if you upload a photo using the toolbar icon, then delete it, stays in the message as an attached thumbnail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 11-15-2018 at 11:23 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

IMG_0395-2.jpg

The original shot of my Vette was 1.8mb

2mb, as the standard limit of PhP, not vbulletin.

I edited your post & removed the attachment & it worked as it should, did you click remove when you clicked manage attachments?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 F3 , Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

[ ATTACH=CONFIG]167140[/ATTACH ]

Why does it show up as a link instead of a thumbnail?
    Sure looks like an attachment/thumbnail to me.
    I munged it slightly so the actual text would show.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
    IMG_0395-2.jpg

The original shot of my Vette was 1.8mb

2mb, as the standard limit of PhP, not vbulletin.

I edited your post & removed the attachment & it worked as it should, did you click remove when you clicked manage attachments?
    What happens is if you upload a photo using the toolbar icon, and right click on it in the edit window to delete it, and ignore the manage attachments option, when you preview or post the message, the deleted photo now shows up as an attached thumbnail. IOW, simply clicking and deleting a photo, or the pertinent html code, in the edit window does not completely delete it.

I went into my post above and deleted the [ATTACH] html line. The photo is still there but now it's shown as an attached thumbnail!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Sure looks like an attachment/thumbnail to me.
    I munged it slightly so the actual text would show.
    No one ever stated that an inserted or inline image isnt an attachment.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

What happens is if you upload a photo using the toolbar icon, and right click on it in the edit window to delete it, and ignore the manage attachments option, when you preview or post the message, the deleted photo now shows up as an attached thumbnail. IOW, simply clicking and deleting a photo, or the pertinent html code, in the edit window does not completely delete it.

I went into my post above and deleted the [ATTACH] html line. The photo is still there but now it's shown as an attached thumbnail!
    The "inline or inserted" image is still an attachment regardless.

If you dont like using the quick reply insert option & you're unhappy with it, id suggest you click on the go advanced button, which is the same thing as clicking "post reply" before i enabled the quick reply box.

Blue Nid sale money 1b.jpg

IMG_0395-2.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

This code simply causes an attachment to show inline, you can use that code any place on the site in multiple posts & not have to upload the attachment again.

If you look at my post, i attached your original image using "manage attachments", thats why it shows as a thumbnail w/paper clip versus mine showing as an inline image, even tho both of them are actually attachments.............
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Ok, i have found 1 bug, that doesnt make any sense, but ill say it now, its NOT fixable, as vbulletin 4 isnt developed any longer by vbulletin after it was bought by another company & they went to developing vbullet 5, which is S H I T!

If you copy in attach code [ATTACH=CONFIG]167137[ /ATTACH], once you save or publish the post, it will show as an image, but if you refresh or revisit the page, it will show as a link.

If you insert the image into the post, the image stays & doesnt revert to a link.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

.................................................. ....

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg
    Last edited by AnthonyG; 11-16-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post

Yep, still works just like it always has....
    Testing quote of another user to see if inline image reverts to a link or stays an image.

--------------

Edit to add, viewing this post with my main account, jc's image is view able, but with my test account which is a normal "registered user", it shows as a link....

I found what is breaking inline images in quotes, not sure how they are tying them together, but they are, so at this point ill leave the option that is turning images in quotes to links, but you will now see "deletion notices" in the forums as a registered user.
    Last edited by Ant-Test; 11-16-2018 at 08:37 AM.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

Hey AnthonyG , nice Vette I like it. I know off topic but so what.
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This site has kind of gone way down hill. I get an error whenever I try to upload a file. "This site says. Upload Failed. Too bad I really enjoyed this site for the last 5 years. Can we just go back to what it was???
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jlc41 View Post
    Hey AnthonyG , nice Vette I like it. I know off topic but so what.
    Thanks.
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

As this is no different from the prior version, i removed a bbcode else statement from the file to allow vb to show pasted inline images from other threads, as the else statement basically says this:

If an image is copied in using the {attach=config}imageidhere{/attach} or {attach}imageidhere{/attach} into a new thread/post from the original thread/post, vb basically say we dont have info on this image & instead displays a link.

Id assume the info is related to you double clicking it & changing something on it, which you can do, it makes no sense really, so disabling that statement poses no issue that i can find.

This code is also in the old version of vb, prior to the upgrade, so now that "Quick Reply" is enabled, its now present for everyone to see & experience.

This thread is now closed.
    2018 F3 , Red