Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default leak on a micron exhaust

Where the micron connects to the mid-pipe, and where the mid-pipe connects to the header, there is a small leak! What should I do to remidy this problem?

I replaced the gasket going from the mid-pipe to the header pipe, (or at least I think that's what it would be).

It's leaking from the same spot on both connections- (I am pointing to an old pipe, however that is the spot where it leaks.)

thanks again,
    you all rock for your help.
    cheers,
    Brandon
    Last edited by autumn farm; 06-09-2009 at 08:00 PM.

Spyder Garage

Make sure threads on clamp are lubed and tighten also you can make slit on female pipe a little longer to give a tighter clamp. I coat my donut gasket with high temp silicone before installation also.

Spyder Garage

Yepper... hi-temp silicone... let it dry overnight.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I'll give the silicone a try first. Is the donut gasket the same as what No Magic Neon shipped me with the mid-pipe? Also, how and where do I apply the silicone?

Thanks again!
    Brandon

Spyder Garage

Should be the round cylindrical gasket paint it on inner surface with your finger, rubber gloves are nice but not a must if gasket is oily wipe with mineral spirits and let dry first. assemble and as stated before let dry overnite. I like Permatex ultra copper high temp silicone available any auto parts store

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

What about between the exhaust and the mid-pipe, there is no gasket, just the two pipes and the clamp. Is that something I should go out and buy a gasket for?

Side night, I have a motorcycle ride I'm orchestrating tonight, is it safe to ride tonight with the small leak?

Thanks so much

Cheers,
    Brandon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by autumn farm View Post
    What about between the exhaust and the mid-pipe, there is no gasket, just the two pipes and the clamp. Is that something I should go out and buy a gasket for?

Side night, I have a motorcycle ride I'm orchestrating tonight, is it safe to ride tonight with the small leak?

Thanks so much

Cheers,
    Brandon
    That's where you need the silicone... both ends of the mid-pipe. And no, a small leak will only bother you... not hurt the bike... it could, if bad and over a long time, but one night... small.... ride it.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder: