Had this posted on a different thread that was asking about they how to connect Sena headsets to an RTL. Didn't want to hijack the thread, so I deleted and reposted here:

We just got a 2018 RTL. We have had Sena 20s for a few years, and really like them and how they work. The 20S pairs with the my phone, letting me listen to the 5600 songs on my SD card, make and receive phone calls, send texts by voice and have them read back to me. If I want to use mobile data I can connect to streaming services like Pandora, Slacker Radio, audio books,etc., connect to the GPS, the Nuvi or I can use the Voice Command on our Garmin Dezl if I want a 7" screen in front of me, intercom with up to 8 other BT intercoms, listen to built in FM radio. (Some features like voice text depends on the phone) I can do most of these by voice or the turn and push of the jog wheel. My wife can independently do the same on her phone, and still use the intercom to bother, uh, talk with me as we ride.

So my question is: Am I missing something? What is the advantage of connecting to the Spyder, especially considering it seems to get the most out of it I'll have to get one or more pay to play apps?