Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Frunk Question....

I'd like to think that I need this explained to me again because I do it only once every year, but it may just be that the old noodle is starting to deteriorate. (Brain F_rt?)

I've put the Spyder away into winter hibernation in the garage and want to connect my battery tender to it. To get to the connector, I need to remove the interior liner or tub from the frunk, but I don't remember how that's done. Can someone help me out? (I don't want to force anything....)

Thanks!
    Bert

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    I'd like to think that I need this explained to me again because I do it only once every year, but it may just be that the old noodle is starting to deteriorate. (Brain F_rt?)

I've put the Spyder away into winter hibernation in the garage and want to connect my battery tender to it. To get to the connector, I need to remove the interior liner or tub from the frunk, but I don't remember how that's done. Can someone help me out? (I don't want to force anything....)

Thanks!
    Should be able to just unzip it and get to it. Zipper has two pulls and opens up the entire back.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    Remove the push pin fasteners with a thin blade screwdriver (or the correct tool!) and pull out the plastic liner. After you access the battery, do yourself a favor and a run leader out to behind one of the front tires so you have it there when you need it.

Spyder Garage

Those push pins really are not needed. Just leave them out after you remove them to have easy access to the battery area.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Like Johnny Pop said, slip the push pins up and pull out the liner. A couple of star washers under the battery leads to keep connections tight, and lead the fused tender lead out the left and zip tie to the A frame. There is a handy hole right where you need it. DSCN2777.jpg
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Should be able to just unzip it and get to it. Zipper has two pulls and opens up the entire back.
    I'm guessing you don't have an F3.
    There's no zipper in the frunk on an F3.

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Got it worked out.

Thanks, Everyone!
    Bert

Spyder Garage

Got it worked out. Thanks, Everyone!
    ........and just supporting what AY said earlier, Bert.......I too did not replace the pushpins when I put the frunk back in. Lamont does the same. I have been running for two years like that, and there are no downsides that I have seen. It makes accessing the fuses and battery very easy....

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Tho I have not tried it. Leaving out the pins may cause noise to those of us who never latch the frunk. I don't latch it. Wind keeps it down and sometimes I put stuff in it that's too tall and leave it partly open. Not for rain usage obviously.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey