Spyder Garage

Default I am loving my new Billy Club Bars! Thanks Lamonster!

I have taken them out on a few rydes and they are really starting to feel great!
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    I have taken them out on a few rydes and they are really starting to feel great!
    You’re not alone AY......and for those who are concerned, they are nothing like Apes.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

OK.. Resurrecting an old thread. How wide are these bar end > bar end? And, are the bar end caps held in by screws? I'd likely attach bar end mirrors to them. Thanks for any info..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

If you get them Lamonster has some top caps that you mount the mirrors on. You will not use your side mirrors much any more because the bars get in the way. I do use them some though when I am backing up into a tight space. He has a wider selection of mirrors now and a new top cap that replaces a Spyder cuff. I have a Ram ball on both top caps for my go pro.
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    OK.. Resurrecting an old thread. How wide are these bar end > bar end? And, are the bar end caps held in by screws? I'd likely attach bar end mirrors to them. Thanks for any info..
    Bar end to bar end 35.5” (875mm), troop (that’s middle of bar end to middle of bar end (the ends angle away from you). Yes, there is indeed a bolt hole, into which I have put Lamont’s helmet hangers (took one off for the photo).

Like AY, I use Lamont’s Spyder cuff and Puig mirrors. Best rear view I have ever had.

Pete
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Dang ... Just when I'm warming up to the bars, they're out of stock. Waiting on a ETA from Jacob at Lamonster. Maybe a Fathers Day or Memorial Day sale may be upcoming

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Billy Clubs use your stock bar ends, hence no change in the configuration. They replace the part that goes through the clamp on the tree. I have really solved my reach by rolling the stock bars all the way up as far as they will go. I love the position - no more cramps in my hands. Problem arises that the switch clusters block the stock mirrors on the F3T making it necessary to lean over the bars to get a full view. My solution was to put 3" bar end mirrors with a convex lens on the ends. They just bolt right on with the bolt that comes with the mirrors and they dampen the vibrations as good as just bar end weights.

for details and links on MY SPYDER PAGE

mirror1_small.jpg mirror2_small.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Dang ... Just when I'm warming up to the bars, they're out of stock. Waiting on a ETA from Jacob at Lamonster. Maybe a Fathers Day or Memorial Day sale may be upcoming
    Hahaha.......always the way, Troop. Just make sure that you are happy with the way they look before you buy them (there are a few photos around). They are a mini ape, but they do sit a lot higher than the stock bars. I had no option as I needed the bars due to my height. At the risk of offending Lamont, have you also looked at the Helibars? I probably would have bought the Helibars if they had been around when I was looking. Yes, they are expensive, but not overpriced due to their multi adjustability.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Billy Clubs use your stock bar ends, hence no change in the configuration. They replace the part that goes through the clamp on the tree. I have really solved my reach by rolling the stock bars all the way up as far as they will go. I love the position - no more cramps in my hands. Problem arises that the switch clusters block the stock mirrors on the F3T making it necessary to lean over the bars to get a full view. My solution was to put 3" bar end mirrors with a convex lens on the ends. They just bolt right on with the bolt that comes with the mirrors and they dampen the vibrations as good as just bar end weights.

for details and links on MY SPYDER PAGE

mirror1_small.jpg mirror2_small.jpg
    I've been running bar end mirrors and hand guards just about from the get go... If I go with the BC bars, I will use the mirrors only. My OEM bars are rolled up forward, but I'd prefer to have them to the front a bit more. I just installed risers that helped, but I..just..can't..get them tightened down enough, no matter what tightening/shimming sequence I use.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Hahaha.......always the way, Troop. Just make sure that you are happy with the way they look before you buy them (there are a few photos around). They are a mini ape, but they do sit a lot higher than the stock bars. I had no option as I needed the bars due to my height. At the risk of offending Lamont, have you also looked at the Helibars? I probably would have bought the Helibars if they had been around when I was looking. Yes, they are expensive, but not overpriced due to their multi adjustability.

Pete
    Ha .. $600 not in my plans. I've been perusing the pix A LOT . I do like the way they look. We shall see .....

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

troop . I considered the mirrors like yours, but, being a minimalist at heart, I opted for the 3" round bar end mirrors. Just enough. They serve as full time glance mirrors because I lost the stock mirrors for that glance purpose when I pushed the bars forward. If I see something that requires more attention, I can lean forward for a better view. Yours look really good tho. I may just get a set to try. With the wide stance of the front wheels, there is little danger of lopping one off pulling into the garage. What kind of hand guards are those??
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Yup, have those too, along with various other pairs from my Yamaha FZ09 days. If I go the Billy Club bar route, I'll likely use the round ones without the handguards. Hand guards are Acerbis X-Tarmac knockoffs from ebay. I bought them for my FZ09 a few years back for $25. I'm such a packrat
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-X-Tar...49fc29ef02e54f

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

With the Billy Clubs raised to the full forward position, is the reach to the bar any longer than the OEM bars in the same position? In addition to height, I also want a bit more forward reach.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Excellent question which I can’t really answer, as I didn’t have my OEM bars fully tilted up, Troop. Nor do I have my Billy Clubs fully upright. All I can offer is a before and after photo of my arms with the OEM bars and the Billy Clubs. That might give you something.......

Pete
    CE00A7CF-3DE0-49F2-9D72-9C421122D5E8.jpg 5364C7A1-5805-4A74-A3F1-276B92188429.jpg
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete,
    I'm just wondering if the bend of the BC bars is such that the bars are actually further away. Doing my due diligence before spending either $300 or $575

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Thanks Pete,
    I'm just wondering if the bend of the BC bars is such that the bars are actually further away. Doing my due diligence before spending either $300 or $575
    Yeah, it’s a tough one, Troop. I have seen a few people asking about the Billy Clubs, so I think if you bought them first and they didn’t work for you, you should be able to sell them fairly easily. I believe that Lamont has currently run out of stock (don’t hold me to that), and I’m not sure when he is expecting them in, so that should be your first port of call (there is nothing worse than finally deciding on something only to find they are out of stock for months).

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.

Spyder Garage

Finally was able to make phone contact with Jacob at Lamonster today. He did indeed verify that, in the full upright position, that the forward reach is a further on the Billy Clubs than on the OEM F3 bars. He also stated that the BC bars are about (4) days from shipping out from the supplier. My time frame is June 01, so that works. More time to research

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Did you need to get more slack out of the cables? if so what steps are required to do this