Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I'm using your post as a quote, because you brought up the possibility of a tire size conflicting / upsetting the NANNY...….Because the Spyder suspension design restricts what tire sizes can be used, the difference between the front and rear tires ( even at extreme differences ) isn't large enough to Upset the Nanny. This is assuming you are using Stock BRP wheels or aftermarket that match the BRP sizes ……. Mike
    Yes Mike you are correct. Since purchasing those tires & some more research, I've fitted 215/55 along with the 175/55 [ Bridgestone potenza ] on my RT & no problems. The 225/55 would have been ok also but for clearance issues. Thanks mate.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    Yes Mike you are correct. Since purchasing those tires & some more research, I've fitted 215/55 along with the 175/55 [ Bridgestone potenza ] on my RT & no problems. The 225/55 would have been ok also but for clearance issues. Thanks mate.
    “The 225/55 would have been ok also but for clearance issues” ......eh? ......doesn’t that mean it would NOT have been OK, Trev?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    “The 225/55 would have been ok also but for clearance issues” ......eh? ......doesn’t that mean it would NOT have been OK, Trev?

Pete
    Pete, I have built myself a '' inner guard '' ie a rock guard which is attached via 2 u-bolts DSCN1596.jpgto the rear shock mounting cross brace. Without the guard, I'am pretty sure you could squeeze in the 225/55 DSCN1598.jpg
    Last edited by treva; 11-18-2018 at 12:35 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    I have built myself a '' inner guard '' ie a rock guard which is attached via 2 u-bolts to the rear shock mounting cross brace. Without the guard, I'am pretty sure you could squeeze the in 225/55
    Ahhhhhhhh. Gotcha Trev......makes sense.......I bought a rock guard and it protruded a little into that space which is why I went for the 205 Kuhmo, just in case.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red