Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default How do you find out manufactured date on Kenda Tires ?

A friend of mine picked-up a 2012 RS with 10,000 miles on it but it looks quite beat-up and he said that the ECU was replaced by the original owner which shows the total engine hours at 20 hours so I was thinking maybe somehow miles were reset as well. So the first thing I was going to do is verify the front tire date code as at 10,000 miles my thinking is tires should be original.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

CHECK dot numbers, should be 12 digits, the last 4 is manufactured week & year

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Does it really matter? After all: they seem to wear out so quickly, that they should never die of old age...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Fun facts....

So from what I can see.... my Kenda fronts are marked 0400 making them 18 years old.... but work great and have better than 10,000 miles on them and are the second set with the first getting me better that 33,000 miles. Now here's a shot to ponder on....
    20181101_094512.jpg Does this mean they are 1ply sidewalls... they have done remarkably well for me so far. Testing the Arachnid on the back at the moment....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Kenda fronts

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    So from what I can see.... my Kenda fronts are marked 0400 making them 18 years old.... but work great and have better than 10,000 miles on them and are the second set with the first getting me better that 33,000 miles. Now here's a shot to ponder on....
    20181101_094512.jpg Does this mean they are 1ply sidewalls... they have done remarkably well for me so far. Testing the Arachnid on the back at the moment....
    Interesting input on your mileage numbers for your own Kendas. Just FYI............….We have 26,245 miles on our 2014 RTL (purchased in June of 2014) as of this morning. It still has the original Kenda front tires, which still show enough tread, with good wear patterns, and still at least 2/32 tread "to the wear indicators". I estimate probably at least 3,000 or so miles left for my comfort. I just picked up 2 new Vredestein Quadtrac tires and will replace as soon as the Kendas give me ANY indication of being unsafe. Checked also. Yes there are codes on mine for tire mfg. code follows a big ANL impression and my two are.....1114 and 1014. Again just FYI.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Does it really matter? After all: they seem to wear out so quickly, that they should never die of old age...
    It does matter in this case, If the manufactured date is 2011/2012 it tells me that mileage is all original. if the date is 2017/2018 than I can look at other ways identifying actual mileage.

Spyder Garage

There should be a recessed 4 digit marking on the inside wall of the tire. First 2 digets are the week they were made. The last 2 are the year they were made. So let's say it says 1410. The 14 week starting in January would be April 15. Then the 10 would be 2010 the year it was made.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    There should be a recessed 4 digit marking on the inside wall of the tire. First 2 digets are the week they were made. The last 2 are the year they were made. So let's say it says 1410. The 14 week starting in January would be April 15. Then the 10 would be 2010 the year it was made.
    These are the type of numbers I was looking for but can't find it anywhere on the tire so A) they are encrypted differently b) Im blind, either option is possible.

Spyder Garage

The mileage is stored in the gauge cluster and the engine hrs is stored in the ECM. So replacing the ECM did reset the engine hrs. As the seller said. But as long as the gauge cluster has not been replaced the mileage will be correct.
    Just a little quick math. 10,000 miles divided by 20 engine hours. Works out to an average of 500 miles per hour.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Quite right.

I didn't know a 3rd world tire had such a number. Pretty popular tire on lawn mowers.
    My zero turn has Kendas on the front. It has no tread at all, just flat all across.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post