Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
Power sports dealers really get the shaft from the manufactures. In BRP's case each product line the dealership carries (Ski-Doo, Sea-Doo, Can-Am, Spyder, etc.) has to be bonded for $1 million. Dealers have to buy display units (not the actual product...atv's, etc but the signage, racks etc that they sell accessories and gear on) from BRP. The entire parts ordering and service manual network is a fee to BRP for each product line. When BRP ships the dealers 5 units they are financed on a floor plan. This means BRP gets paid for those units on delivery weather they are sold or not. The dealer has 30 days to sell a unit interest free, after that they are paying interest to the floor plan company (most likely BRP capitol) until the unit sells. These are all costs just to sell BRP products. If they want to sell another product line say Polaris, they have to fulfill the same (or similar) requirements to them. This doesn't include building costs, employees, phones, heat, lights, taxes, tools, etc, etc, etc.

I don't know how these people stay in business really. The people I have personally known that owned dealerships were stressed to the max mentally most of the time.
this same thing is going on in other industry s as well I’m in the appliance business and I can’t have all the lines from manufacturers I deal with it’s getting to be a real big guys game more and more and the retail public will be worse off because of it