Spyder Garage

Default NEW 2018 SPYDER RT LTD BLUE/CHROME - New to Spyder world!

Greetings from Monroe, WI. I finally got around to introducing myself and want to say thank you for this forum. I recently crossed over to a new Spyder after 42 years of big Harleys, BMW, Triumph 750 Bonneville, 750 trident & BSAs. So far this site has helped me locate a nice set of used SpyderSuper Clamps and have learned allot about the Spyder RT world and look to contribute here in the future in return.
    Quick question: Anyone here used the Big Blue lift with RT attachments on a specific 2018 RT and is it worth $824.00?
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

and on your new RT.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Can’t answer your question but welcome to spyderlovers.com. You can learn everything here. Have PHUN. Transferred from 2 wheelers to my first Spyder RT in 2010. Just received my fourth RTL yesterday.
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum from Pa.
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    Greetings from Monroe, WI. I finally got around to introducing myself and want to say thank you for this forum. I recently crossed over to a new Spyder after 42 years of big Harleys, BMW, Triumph 750 Bonneville, 750 trident & BSAs. So far this site has helped me locate a nice set of used SpyderSuper Clamps and have learned allot about the Spyder RT world and look to contribute here in the future in return.
    Quick question: Anyone here used the Big Blue lift with RT attachments on a specific 2018 RT and is it worth $824.00?
    I have it and it has been a life saver. No regrets

Spyder Garage

Do you use this on a 2018 RT LTD?
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME

Spyder Garage

Hi MeudtPG

Welcome to the Forum & the miles of smiles that go with Spyder Ryding (at least, for most of us anyway! ) Good looking machine you've got there, & some nice farkles too, altho you might want to consider getting a set of Magic Mirror mounts, especially if you ever plan on doing any of the servicing yourself! They make getting those Mirrors off & back on again really easy, & no vibrations either! (see the Lamonster Garage site from the home page Supporting Vendors listing to get them in your part of the world. )

As for the Big Blue lift, I've used one for my 2013 RT & for lifting a few other newer RT's & I've appreciated it a whoooole lot, altho I don't personally own one - they're a bit harder to get/a tad more expensive Down Under! Btw, tennhillbilly's profile shows he has a 2018 Pearl White/Chrome RT Ltd, so I might be guessing, but I'd be reasonably confident that he's used his for lifting his 2018 RT!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-20-2018 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Ref - Lamonster Garage
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Hey Meudt, check out the SOAR group that rides out of Johnson Creek. We have a great group that does weekly and monthly rides, and at least one big event each year. AS for the lift, there are certainly cheaper alternatives that work as well. Harbor Freight sells a couple under $100. We were in your neck of the woods yesterday riding in the blizzard conditions. Our group had 18 bikes in it.
    http://www.joinsoar.com/gallery-1.html

We're from Arena...straight north of ya.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You dont need to spend 800 bucks on a spyder lift.. Other options are out there that are cheaper and works the same..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Hey Meudt, check out the SOAR group that rides out of Johnson Creek. We have a great group that does weekly and monthly rides, and at least one big event each year. AS for the lift, there are certainly cheaper alternatives that work as well. Harbor Freight sells a couple under $100. We were in your neck of the woods yesterday riding in the blizzard conditions. Our group had 18 bikes in it.
    http://www.joinsoar.com/gallery-1.html

We're from Arena...straight north of ya.
    Great to hear from you! I know Arena & Mazomanie - been there many times over the years. How many of the 18 bikes were spyders?
    No kidding, it was blizzard conditions with strong winds Saturday, unbelievable for October!
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME

Spyder Garage

Howdy Neighbor! I am located over by Decatur Dairy between Brodhead and Albany just off County F. Checked out that Big Blue Lift and it is nice. I have the old hydraulic style that handles bikes I have had in the past up to 1500 pounds. It works great for changing Corvair engines also and hopefully a few of you know what a Corvair is. Farm and Fleet carries it for around $80.00 and the Monroe Store carries it. I have a four post auto lift that I made a flat base area between the ramps to handle the rear tire and just drive the Spyder right up on the lift and up she goes. Since buying a used 2011 Spyder RT and joining this forum I have learned a lot and I am currently rebuilding a Champion Colorado Sport pull behind trailer. Have a great day.

Spyder Garage

Great to hear from you! I know Arena & Mazomanie - been there many times over the years. How many of the 18 bikes were spyders?
    No kidding, it was blizzard conditions with strong winds Saturday, unbelievable for October!
    All 18 were Spyders....crappy weather but still a great day. Wife and I have full time jobs but volunteer as EMT's for Mazo, and I'm the Asst Fire Chief for Mazo as well. There are getting to be quite a few Spyders around.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats,

and welcome.

Spyder Garage

Default Same Here!

Welcome to the Spyder world! My wife and I bought the same 2018 RT Ltd in blue/chrome this past August. We upgraded from a 2012 RT Ltd and love the improvements the '18 model has. Have fun ryding!

2018 RT Ltd.
    2018 RT Ltd , Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

Welcome to the spyder world and this site....nice choice though you need to give us a picture to show proof... as to the lift...will depend on how much you are going to need or use it. Considered it way back but went with the under 100 unit from sears that has served me well. I hear pitt bull has a very nice one but not available when I was shopping....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

IMG_20180806_113040.jpg

It is more money than the one you are looking for ,but it is blue .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome

Welcome to Spyderland! You won't be disappointed. I bought a "blue" motorcycle jack made by Pittsburg tool from Harbor Freight! Under $200.00, works great, add some jack stands and you have everything you need.

Spyder Garage

Congrats and great color choice
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue