I have been a Spyder owner for over three years, a 2013 RT-S SE5, and this is my first post. I love riding my Spyder. The bike was purchased used in 2015 with ~ 4,400 miles. In my first season, I did notice the very warm side panels on the bike. The service recall corrected the issue and the Spyder has been trouble free. I have put over 14,000 miles on the Spyder and feel great every time I'm out riding. With the discounted pricing available with 2018 models, I have a couple of questions for those who have moved on to an RT with the 1330 engine as well as the F3.
Question 1) If you owned an RT with the 998 V twin and purchased a later RT with the 1330 triple, what are the significant pluses and minus you experienced with one versus the other?
Question 2) If you owned an RT and switched to an F3 (preferably Limited), what are the significant pluses and minus you experienced with one versus the other?
Next week I drop off the Spyder for its annual service and maintenance checkup. I'm going to take the time and look at the new spyders (Limited models). Having information from experienced Spyder owners will help.
Thank you, William