Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default HAPPY O'CANNIBIS DAY

According the the media and assorted other news information, Canada has become the First Country in the world to legalize , MARIJUHANA, POT, WEED, or what ever you want to call it. Supposebly the eyes of the world are upon us watching and waiting to see the outcome. Yesterday there were lineups blocks long to purchase products, and some websites crashed due to the overwhelming want/need to get their fix. I personally don't care either way. Kind of glad thad after a 96 year prohibition it is now legal. just think of all the ruined lives, due to a joint or a bag of pot only to have a criminal record for something that has been around for millenia. Just my thoughts. Any ideas, concerns thoughts , ideas ???

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERGUY1 View Post
    According the the media and assorted other news information, Canada has become the First Country in the world to legalize , MARIJUHANA, POT, WEED, or what ever you want to call it. Supposebly the eyes of the world are upon us watching and waiting to see the outcome. Yesterday there were lineups blocks long to purchase products, and some websites crashed due to the overwhelming want/need to get their fix. I personally don't care either way. Kind of glad thad after a 96 year prohibition it is now legal. just think of all the ruined lives, due to a joint or a bag of pot only to have a criminal record for something that has been around for millenia. Just my thoughts. Any ideas, concerns thoughts , ideas ???
    No concerns, people who wants to smoke weed will smoke it wether its illegal or not so we might as well tax it. No different than alcohol which used to be illegal once upon a time.

Spyder Garage

Default Good on Canada

Hopefully they'll put more energy into medical research and hemp, and really start doing something about opioids.
    This should have been done decades ago, there and in the states.

Spyder Garage

I think the country of Uruguay would argue with the thought that Canada was 1st.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Totally agree with posted comments. Absolutelty a tax grab The Dealer man does not charge tax on the sale. Government ???????????? Hopefully one day they will actually get a glimpse of the real world.... YA I KNOW HIGH HIGH HOPES, (lol)

Spyder Garage

Default It's not as simple as it appears

You may want to review research on the traffic crash trends in states that have legalized marijuana use as well as literature on the trends of adolescent cannabis use. Then review the research on the long term health effects early cannabis use has on the structure and function of the adolescent brain. Personally, I find motorcycling among the general public challenging enough without more stoned drivers on the road. But, that's just me.

Spyder Garage

Default Perhaps...

Do believe they're the second. But then the US does it state by state and here we are allowed to have six plants here's one that kinda grew out of its pot...
    20180822_104852.jpg now imagine 6 like this.. this one will produce enough for a years worth of salves, lotions and medicinal mixes . They are very happy between the mango and banana trees... seeing it was Hearst that pushed for the illegalization of these weeds makes it look bad for the press...
    Last edited by Chupaca; 10-19-2018 at 01:41 AM.
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Hi SPYDERGUY1

Re: The Dealer man does not charge tax on the sale.

Oregon legalized it about 3 yrs or so ago. We are getting three times the tax from it that was predicted.

Jerry Baumchen
    'I'll never forget what's her name.'

'Things are more like they are now than they ever have been before.' Dwight Eisenhower

2008 GS SE-5

Spyder Garage

Default canada and the big one !

now I wonder how ---- boxing day will shape up like ? " this one will produce enough for a years worth of salves, lotions and medicinal mixes "
    Chupaca , I have a hang nail , could I possibly borrow a --- oh maybe say around a sandwich bag full of medicinal mixes ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERGUY1 View Post

That explains the three wheels then...…………………………..
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I guess that Cheech & Chong were right...
    Are they going to officially re-write their National Anthem; or just let comedians have all of the fun?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default HAPPY O'CANNIBIS DAY

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Do believe they're the second. But then the US does it state by state and here we are allowed to have six plants here's one that kinda grew out of its pot...
    20180822_104852.jpg now imagine 6 like this.. this one will produce enough for a years worth of salves, lotions and medicinal mixes . They are very happy between the mango and banana trees... seeing it was Hearst that pushed for the illegalization of these weeds makes it look bad for the press...
    Gene,

Michigan has recreational legalization on the ballot; expect that it will pass. We, in michigan, will be allowed 12 plant per person. Course we don't have as good of growing conditions as you do, already three hard frosts for the year.

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Sweet Gene! You have quite the green thumb!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default Reality Bites

It is the way of the world. I personally do not care whether a person gets high or drinks... same deal. The problem is that there are more people on the roads, cooking in restaurants, building Spyders that may not be "here". It seems everyone wants to escape from the reality we (humans) have created and this is just another way to get away for a while. We have had it in Colorado for a few years and they are getting a bunch of tax money... Guess what... they have several propositions on the ballot to raise taxes for roads, schools, essential services that the pot tax was supposed to go to.

From personal experience the pot that is sold now is so much different than it was back in the day it is almost like I did not know what it was. I thought I would try it when it became legal and was really surprised by how potent it was. I took a few puffs and felt just like I was drunk. When I stood up initially I had trouble walking straight and so on, but in a couple of hours I was back to normal and went for a walk around the lake with a friend. Anyways... there is a song by Afroman... "Because I got high". If you would like a laugh.. listen to it... it starts off... "I was gonna clean my room, but then I got high. I was gonna get up and find the broom but then I got high....my room is still messed up and I know why, because I got high, ....."

enjoy..

Spyder Garage

I think it should be legal but I doubt I would waste my $ on it. I certainly wouldn't ride my Spyder or Jet-ski after smoking. Some people have enough hobbies and interests that getting stoned really is not needed? Maybe once in a while for Special Occasions!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Default Not Spyder General Discussion

This topic does not belong in Spyder General Discussion! It belongs in Off Topic Board!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

While i don't agree about smoking it i hope they enforce laws strictly while driving with it. now maybe all those who
    said they were going to move to canada if trump was elected will do so .

Spyder Garage

Imagine if Canada had a warm climate, with universal health care and legalized marijuana, it would be a mass exodus of young folk. I am imagining a new route for all the US blue hairs with their RVs driving to Canada for the summer just like the Canadian I-95 Convoy that heads down to Florida for winter. Some smart folk up there, an affordable trike(Ryker) and legalized marijuana in the same year
    Last edited by Squanchkava72; 10-19-2018 at 09:53 AM.
    Roadkrome luggage rack
    Shad SH45 hard case
    Bajaron anti-sway bar and Heim links
    Mirror extensions
    Spyderpops air dam foam kit
    Rivco handlebar risers (purchased and on my mods to do list)

"A damn good feeling to run these roads" - Tyler Childers
    "I close my eyes, it was all so clear, it was all right then, it was all right there" - Tyler Childers
    "Woke up today and decided to kill my ego, it ain't ever done me no good no how" - Sturgill Simpson
    www.squanchkava.com

Spyder Garage

Default Hope it does....

Quote Originally Posted by IGETAROUND View Post
    Gene,

Michigan has recreational legalization on the ballot; expect that it will pass. We, in michigan, will be allowed 12 plant per person. Course we don't have as good of growing conditions as you do, already three hard frosts for the year.

Al in Kazoo
    It seems to be the wave of the future. It is an amazing plant if you get past the stigma associated with it. I make many products with it for the family only and it has worked wonders for them. It's a weed and can grow anywhere in your case perhaps indoors. As I see it though, big pharma will get involve in it and start modifing it with chemicals and upping the price and increasing the side effects....keep it pure stay away from pharmaciutical brands.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Why Gene: I never knew that you had such a Green Thumb...

I bet that "the boys" would be proud...

Spyder Garage

Default Mary Jane

I have mixed feelings on legalizing the plant and or products with THC. I've had friends who have smoked it for years. Several have gone on to harder drugs. Some are still just smoking but much more laid back. Several developed alcohol dependency. I'm just not sure we can trust the hard users to stay off the highway when they are stoned. It's the same with alcohol. It's a huge issue but so is texting while driving. Do we really need to be stoned when we are out driving? I guess many think that they are not impaired. Only time will tell how the statistics stack up for or against it.

Oklahoma (my home state) recently legalized medical marijuana (CBD). I was skeptical for some of the medical reasons of it's use. But, I have now changed my mind and am on CBD oil for pain. (Chronic Arthritis pain and fibromyalgia pain). It truly is a miracle drug. It's not a cure though. I experienced 95% less pain in my hands and muscles on my first dose of CBD. Even after the second dose I was skeptical and didn't think it was real. The loss of my chronic and debilitating pain that I have had for over 20 years is now at a level that I can actually manage it without a Loratab. At the height of my pain in my hands and muscles, I could barely get out of bed on my own nor even open a jar. Now I can do most everything that I could not do just a week ago, all because of the CBD oil. There needs to be more research on the medical uses of the CBD oil. Using the CBD oil for pain has enabled me to ride my Spyder longer and without excruciating pain. I am now a believer.
    Last edited by Chiisai; 10-19-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I use this product for pain in my knees and other joints. I would not goe so far as to call it a life saver but it certainly is a life enhancer.

PF-1oz-Front.jpg
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

Her is the link I forgot to include in my last post.

https://hempbombs.com/product/1-oz-cbd-pain-rub/
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2Paw View Post
    I use this product for pain in my knees and other joints. I would not goe so far as to call it a life saver but it certainly is a life enhancer.

PF-1oz-Front.jpg

It isn't designed to be a life saver, it is designed to be a pain reliever. It works for some but not others. Which I am not sure why, but I am sure there is a medical reason. I thought about getting the pain freeze, but with fibromyalgia there are just too many areas that would need to be covered and it would end up costing me a fortune in a very short period of time. The oil is taken every day and so far has taken care of all my pain with the exception of my migraines, which are neurological and not muscular or bone related.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There is a HUGE difference in medical use; and recreational use.