View Poll Results: What do YOU think of Windows 10?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE IT!!!

15 31.91%
  • HATE IT!!!

13 27.66%
  • I DON'T care.

14 29.79%
  • What's Windows 10????

5 10.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10

Spyder Garage

Default Windows 10

I HATE Windows 10!!!!

What about y'all?

Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T. View Post
    I HATE Windows 10!!!!

What about y'all?

Joe T.
    I’m doing ok with it but it’s like the Microsoft products the “enhancements” are making it a lot harder to find stuff. Honestly Win 7 worked fine for my needs.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Windows 8 and up are why I'm looking at a Mac. Microsoft tried real hard to work like Android.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Win 10 is great. Super stable, search is nice, enhanced features. What's not to like.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's the best Windows yet. I don't have any problems with it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wish there were a like it option.

Spyder Garage

Default it's ok

I used both MAC and WIndows 10, Windows to is not bad. However this is going to be a long poll since it don't close till Oct 2019
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    It's the best Windows yet. I don't have any problems with it.
    Lol like a lot of you I grew up on DOS and folder hierarchy’s. I’m fine with Win 10 but the older I get the more I’m like my parents who whenever I walked in the house the VCR was always blinking 12:00
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It has its limitations . So I didn't vote. This poll doesn't have a category for my vote.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    Win 10 is great. Super stable, search is nice, enhanced features. What's not to like.
    Whats's not to like?
    The poxy compulsory updates, that's what.
    Every time I am forced to accept them I have problems.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It seems to work okay... "Edge" can be a bit wonky at times, so I keep Chrome and IE11 on the toolbar.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Works great!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I got Windows 10 when they were giving the free upgrade. I hated it so much that I dumped it and reinstalled Windows 7 Home Premium, which my computer originally came with.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I really like it. I am pretty techy, so I customized it. Don't have the squares at loading, just a desktop with shortcuts. Taskbar has Office items, Chrome, Firefox, folders all pinned to it.
    It's very stable compared to previous versions. I'll take the stability for sure.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Rob,

I hate how the file structure is presented. I use Win 7 for my laptop and when I am looking for a file, or going to save a file, one of the options I have is 'Recently Opened.' "Quick Access" has some of that capability, but nothing like Win 7.

Any suggestions? Why did MS CHANGE?!?!?!?!?

Also, Wn 10 is a LOT SLOWER than my Win 7. I use Win 10 on a new Dell with the AMD RYZEN 7 1800X processor - 8 cores at 3.7GHz. My laptop is a Fujitsu 17" with an INTEL i7 - 4 cores and slower clock speed than the RYZEN.

The Dell was bought for high speed calculation. For that, it works great with my CFD software. But, WIN 10 doesn't interfere with the analysis program.

Joe T.
    Last edited by Joe T.; 10-18-2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just found out recently that according to the EULA for any windows OS Microsoft still owns the software. By using it and agreeing to the EULA you are

only leasing the software and that Microsoft has the right to change or view anything on your computer. I have not verified this yet but I'm tired of

Microsoft making changes just to get people to buy newer computers because the old ones can't run the new software. I like my current computer.

I am currently dual booting my computer with Windows 7 and Linux Mint. I like Mint very much. Install was easy, bootup is clean and quick and

shutdown is very fast. I'm slowly getting programs into Linux Mint so I can do most everything on it. I know I'll never be able get rid of Windows

completely because some product manufactures don't want to support Linux OS. Thanks for reading this.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Rob,

I hate how the file structure is presented. I use Win 7 for my laptop and when I am looking for a file, or going to save a file, one of the options I have is 'Recently Opened.' "Quick Access" has some of that capability, but nothing like Win 7.

Any suggestions? Why did MS CHANGE?!?!?!?!?

Also, Wn 10 is a LOT SLOWER than my Win 7. I use Win 10 on a new Dell with the AMD RYZEN 7 1800X processor - 8 cores at 3.7GHz. My laptop is a Fujitsu 17" with an INTEL i7 - 4 cores and slower clock speed than the RYZEN.

The Dell was bought for high speed calculation. For that, it works great with my CFD software. But, WIN 10 doesn't interfere with the analysis program.

Joe T.
    When I open a new explorer window in Windows 10 I have "quick access" for folders but under that I also have the last 20 files I've opened under "recent files". Perhaps you need to adjust some explorer options? Couple of links about this

https://www.itsupportguides.com/know...lders-history/
    https://www.howtogeek.com/228076/how...in-windows-10/

I haven't noticed it being slower but it might be? My system is a dual CPU 40 core running 3.1 mgz. I don't run CFD software but do do a lot of rendering. What CFD software do you use?

I have 2 systems on Win 10 and an older system I use from time to time on Win 7. All 3 systems function fine but I find Win 10 to be more modern. Both 7 and 10 have been super stable for me. Win 8 was a total nightmare.

Spyder Garage

When I open a new explorer window in Windows 10 I have "quick access" for folders but under that I also have the last 20 files I've opened under "recent files". Perhaps you need to adjust some explorer options? Couple of links about this

https://www.itsupportguides.com/know...lders-history/
    https://www.howtogeek.com/228076/how...in-windows-10/

I haven't noticed it being slower but it might be? My system is a dual CPU 40 core running 3.1 mgz. I don't run CFD software but do do a lot of rendering. What CFD software do you use?

I have 2 systems on Win 10 and an older system I use from time to time on Win 7. All 3 systems function fine but I find Win 10 to be more modern. Both 7 and 10 have been super stable for me. Win 8 was a total nightmare.

Rob,

I wasn;t clear - sorry.

WIN 7 shows files and folders. WIN 10 Quick Access shows only files. Sometimes when I try to use Quick Access, there are no files shown! I have no idea why.

I use Windows email product instead of GMAIL (directly - on my WIN 7 laptop) or Outlook (on my old VISTA 32 bit desk top - which I LOVE!! But, MS doesn't support that operating system anymore and now CHROME will not support it.). When I update the email, it takes a while to respond. Also, I use EDGE and BING which seem slower than Chrome on my laptop.

Thanks for the links. I will check them out.

Regards,
    Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Rob,

I wasn;t clear - sorry.

WIN 7 shows files and folders. WIN 10 Quick Access shows only files. Sometimes when I try to use Quick Access, there are no files shown! I have no idea why.

I use Windows email product instead of GMAIL (directly - on my WIN 7 laptop) or Outlook (on my old VISTA 32 bit desk top - which I LOVE!! But, MS doesn't support that operating system anymore and now CHROME will not support it.). When I update the email, it takes a while to respond. Also, I use EDGE and BING which seem slower than Chrome on my laptop.

Thanks for the links. I will check them out.

Regards,
    Joe T.

Humm. Just checked 'Quick Access' again. It does show recent folders above the recent files. Just not used to the 'new' format, I guess.

Thanks,
    Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Rob,

I just played with 'Quick Access' again. It doesn't show ALL of the recent folders. Just some of them.

this is just crazy!

Joe T.
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

The one and only version of Windows that I liked was Windows XP. Ever since then, the more "smart" they make it, the more "stupid" it gets. I don't like it when programs think they know better than I do where I should file stuff. All that's happened with newer versions is more complication, more stuff automated that I don't want automated, slower, and incompatibility with older stuff.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Sheesh...it's been out and running for a long time already...still not used to it?? I like it, haven't had any issues with it at all. No one likes change, but once ya get a handle on it, you'll like it
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Default Well, it's a word that begins with "L," that's true...

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    I just found out recently that according to the EULA for any windows OS Microsoft still owns the software. By using it and agreeing to the EULA you are only leasing the software and that Microsoft has the right to change or view anything on your computer.
    Actually, you are *licensing* the software. You do not purchase it -- therefore, you do not *own* it. But you possess a license to use it per the terms -- and gosh knows, they make gripping reading -- of the license agreement. The distinction comes down to issues with copyright law, and licensing is not at all unusual when it comes to digital products -- software, music, your phone, etc. (I work for a software company and we license our software as well.) Much of what goes onto silicon is licensed, not owned. Here's an older but quickly effective article on that topic:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...nsed-not-owned

As far as rights to change or view anything on your computer, no, Microsoft has a privacy agreement that stipulates various conditions, among them consequences of using certain features that depend upon transmitting information, etc.

I do believe the license agreement does require you to accept periodic updates, but I believe it also provides for a way to select which updates you wish to reject -- the consequences of which may be a loss of functionality, etc.

(And for what it's worth on the original topic, I split my time between Windows and Mac OS, and am actually very happy with Windows 10. There are aspects to both operating systems that are praiseworthy, and headscratchers on both as well. The stability of Windows 10 has been noted by others, and while previous versions set a low bar to hurdle, I have no complaints. The ironic development on the Windows front is that by taking pages from Apple's book in terms of building their own systems, they've both made some great products -- I *love* my Surface Pro -- and caused the wider market to up their game, too. Who knew that Microsoft would turn out to be an even better hardware manufacturer than a software developer?)
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveLaoyster View Post
    I just found out recently that according to the EULA for any windows OS Microsoft still owns the software. By using it and agreeing to the EULA you are

only leasing the software
    That's pretty much the norm for all software. And always has been. What's changing is going to subscription based s/w instead of buying it and keeping and using it forever. I think all Internet Security software is like that now. After your subscription period runs out, no more updates. MS is pushing hard to go that way.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I have not real issues with W10. Usually upgrade after the latest current/latest version has been out for a while to give it time to work out some bugs. Change is just a part of life. Didn't vote since I don't fit any of the listed categories.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3