Spyder Garage

Default Driver's Course Promo

2017 F3T , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Found this offer in my email. Even though I already have my license, was thinking of taking advantage of this offer. Would be a good way to see how the Spyder handles and reacts before I purchase one.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

Default Worth your money -- especially at $50

Quote Originally Posted by tibadoe View Post
    Found this offer in my email. Even though I already have my license, was thinking of taking advantage of this offer. Would be a good way to see how the Spyder handles and reacts before I purchase one.
    I can't speak to the transition for an experienced rider, but for this total novice, I felt like the course was basically a two-day test drive of the Spyder, albeit under tightly controlled conditions. You certainly won't get the sense of rural/highway driving, but it'll help you confirm (or reject) the idea of a purchase. Depending upon your state, you may have to actually take/pass the skills test on a 3-wheeled bike -- I think that's the case in Washington state, if I read their rules correctly. In many places, the safety course waives that requirement.
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tibadoe View Post
    Extended test ryde with perks of a ryde coach & meeting other

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Many Spyder riders are not only new to the Spyder but new to motorcycling. The few states that don't require a M/C or 3 wheel license have classes that are only 4-5 hours. I've heard some states have classes that are 2 days. Many Spyder riders need motorcycle awareness as well as how to maneuver the spyders.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I fit both categories - new to both Spyders and motorcycling. I took the rider course last weekend here in New Jersey. It was very informative and fun. I rode the class Spyders in ways I would not intentionally ride my new F3-S. I went through the slalom as fast as I could, and did the emergency stops extremely short. While learning and practicing, I was having a blast. One of the instructors said I looked like an 18-year old, which is exactly 50 years from my current true age. I recommend it for both vital practice and fun. Enabled me to get my endorsement, also.

David

Spyder Garage

My wife took the class over the weekend and really enjoyed it. 6:30am to 2:00pm for two days.
    2012 RT A&C SE5
    2015 Victory Cross Country (Dyno tuned 118hp 116tq)
    2006 Triumph Rocket Dyno tuned 140hp 154tq)

Spyder Garage

My wife and I took the course in early September, she is a years-long experienced 2 wheeler and I was only good at falling off a regular two wheel motorcycle We took the course to see if we liked the Spyder and it was an EXCELLENT tool for that. In Georgia it is a licence waiver class and it was a great opportunity (at least at our class) to ride the RT, F3S and F3T. It cemented our decision and today we are the proud owners of a new F3S. Highly recommended!
    2018 F3S , Black