Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Well thanks to all of you that offered constructive suggestions. I really appreciate your information. Very helpful!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    So, it's complicated to place a male plug into a female receptacle? But, it's easier for you to stroke your hand up and down? Hmmmmmmmmmm
    Holy Moly, were's spyder man when you need him. Thanks for the laugh, as they say "Dilly Dilly".

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That made me laugh....thank you!
    At least stroking up and down produces a positive outcome vs a receptacle that costs money down the line.
    Back at you
    Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    So, it's complicated to place a male plug into a female receptacle? But, it's easier for you to stroke your hand up and down? Hmmmmmmmmmm

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    That made me laugh....thank you!
    At least stroking up and down produces a positive outcome vs a receptacle that costs money down the line.
    Back at you
    You got me. Nothing to return.

Spyder Garage

Being blunt.
    Since you didn't learn your lesson the first time just buy another complicated pump.
    I'm sticking with a bicycle pump, CO2 cannisters and a tire repair kit.
    Complicated fails 100% of the time which is why I KISS everything. (Keep It Simple Stupid)
    My thoughts.
    Road-Kill, are you honestly saying that your bicycle pump and your CO2 canisters are infallible and can not break down? I have had a Slime compressor, running off my battery, which is “complicated” under your reasoning, for 8 years, and it has not broken down despite the 100% failure rate you claim above. Conversely, I had a bicycle pump that I used for my air bag and it broke after 2 years of use. That’s a real life experience at odds with your theory.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I can test my bike pump daily or hourly.
    I cant test my CO2 canisters but at least I have a higher percent of getting air then you do.
    The original poster stated his gizmo electric pump failed after just 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Road-Kill, are you honestly saying that your bicycle pump and your CO2 canisters are infallible and can not break down? I have had a Slime compressor, running off my battery, which is “complicated” under your reasoning, for 8 years, and it has not broken down despite the 100% failure rate you claim above. Conversely, I had a bicycle pump that I used for my air bag and it broke after 2 years of use. That’s a real life experience at odds with your theory.

Pete

Spyder Garage

Default Really

I can test my bike pump daily or hourly.
    I cant test my CO2 canisters but at least I have a higher percent of getting air then you do.
    The original poster stated his gizmo electric pump failed after just 2 years
    really, that is the most lame excuse I've heard for telling someone not to buy a 12 volt electric pump. At least with the 12 volt pump all you have to do is hook it on the valve stem, turn it on and watch the gauge.

Spyder Garage

Default Different strokes for different folks

Always interested in learning more... found this demo on using 16 gram CO2 cartridges to inflate a low profile narrow tire similar to what I believe will be on the new Ryker 16 inch fronts. Seems to take about 6 cartridges at about a buck a piece to inflate, but I guess a backup is always good. The bicycle pump might help a bit.

Different strokes for different folks
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Thanks again to those of you that offered up some great options. I will be looking into all of them. Greatly appreciate the positive remarks. Seems there is one person on this thread that would prefer to drag this topic, and any other topic they respond too, down into a session of personal attacks, and just overall negativity! Can’t remember who that is though, I sure hope their life gets better soon so they can smile again and get on with the process of enjoying life! If not maybe they will just leave!

Again in thanks to all of you for the great ideas. I come to this “bored” to learn from the experience of others that have different experiences than I do. You folks are truly helpful.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Default CO2

I carry the CO2 cartriges and thier 'small packaging. They are always in the with the plug kit. Maybe after 10 years I'll get some new ones for a few cents.

Thank G@d for the "Ignore" button. After ER ( easy rider ) left/got booted, I thought we all were done with this childishness.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I thought this thread was just a good old fashioned conversation about road-side emergency air.
    I see nothing in this thread that wouldn't be said in person whether amongst friends or strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    I carry the CO2 cartriges and thier 'small packaging. They are always in the with the plug kit. Maybe after 10 years I'll get some new ones for a few cents.

Thank G@d for the "Ignore" button. After ER ( easy rider ) left/got booted, I thought we all were done with this childishness.

Lew L

Spyder Garage

I thought this thread was just a good old fashioned conversation about road-side emergency air.
    I see nothing in this thread that wouldn't be said in person whether amongst friends or strangers.

more like good old fashioned demeaning of someone for their differing opinion
    and the continued desire to start an argument
    now, where is that "ignore" button Lew L was talking about?

2017 F3, SM6-basic black, plain and simple

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    Just click on the Avitar of the individual you want to ignore, and you will find it there!

Spyder Garage

Default roadside help?

does anyone know if BRP best provides complimentary roadside tire help should one go flat, or if one has normal auto AAA plus coverage--would they come to scene of a can am to help inflate tires?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Well thanks to all of you that offered constructive suggestions. I really appreciate your information. Very helpful!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP offers roadside up to $200.00 and I'm told that includes flat tires.
    I also have AAA RV Plus
    That includes 3 yearly roadside calls with (if necessary) towing up to one 200 mile tow and two 100 mile tows.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrom714 View Post
    does anyone know if BRP best provides complimentary roadside tire help should one go flat, or if one has normal auto AAA plus coverage--would they come to scene of a can am to help inflate tires?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Children please calm down.
    Milk and cookies are in the cupboard.
    Remember, you are only reading and not hearing the voice so you at best guessing the tone.
    But please feel free to hit that ignore button as that is its purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by ofdave View Post
    Just click on the Avitar of the individual you want to ignore, and you will find it there!

Spyder Garage

Children please calm down.
    Milk and cookies are in the cupboard.
    Remember, you are only reading and not hearing the voice so you at best guessing the tone.
    But please feel free to hit that ignore button as that is its purpose.
    “Because you are thick” don’t need to HEAR anything, the intent is clear! My child!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If I bought a failed system and told people I wanted the same thing again....yup, that would make me thick.
    Yes that was my intent.
    KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)
    I tell everyone to KISS complicated things.....and nobody was ever insulted.
    YOU posted your electric pump failed after just two years.
    If I didn't care I would have said just buy another one or not have posted a response.
    That is my advice.....don't be thick.
    You're no alone because there are lots of people who do the same thing over and over yet expect a different outcome.

Please put me on block.....PLEASE

“Because you are thick” don’t need to HEAR anything, the intent is clear! My child!

Spyder Garage

Airhawk on EBAY right now 2 hours left in auction $20 bid $14 shipping..I have one works great for years very portable

Spyder Garage

Give it up, Pirate........not worth it......those of us with an obviously lower intellect and logic will continue to provide some options for your request for “Something you can carry with you and charge along the way”

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I quit getting good ideas from this thread a day or two ago. I keep checking back to see if anything else useful comes up, but ...... Let this thread die an ugly death and move on. I will not be back for sure.

Spyder Garage

What model number Slime unit are we talkin about here. I found 3 diff ones at Menards. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I suggest you look up these on Amazon and check out the reviews.
    They get on average 5-33% one star reviews because they have such an extreme failure rate.
    Don't take my word for it.
    Take the HUNDREDS and sometimes THOUSANDS of people who just like yourself wanted a gizmo rather then a hand pump.

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    What model number Slime unit are we talkin about here. I found 3 diff ones at Menards. Thanks, Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpot View Post
    I went to an auto parts store and bought the Slime compressor. Used it several times, works great. Connect it directly to the Spyder battery and you will not have to worry about it holding a charge.
    This is what I do.
    2014 RTL Platinum