Thread: Farkle-Mas

Spyder Garage

Default Farkle-Mas

Farkle Claus arrived at my house. And I just spent the last four hours installing all of the goodies.

Installation rating 1 being easiest 10 being hardest to install.

Tricled Products

Magnetic Mirrors: Installation was 1 out of 10, instructions were simple. Product functionality is awesome no more pain in the ____ mirror clips.

3rd/4th Brake light: Installation was 3 out ten (simply due to removing panels). Easy instructions. Product adds a nice look and more lights to complement all the other TricLed lights already installed.

Lamonster Products

Spyder Cuff with Large X-Grip: Installation 1 out of 10. Product looks like it was supposed be an OEM option.

Longhorn Mirror Light kit: Installation 3 out of 10 (simply due to panel removal). Easy to understand instructions. Adds nice running light feature and additional turn signal, there will be no doubt others will know you intend on turning. Yet they don't disturb you as the rider.

Spyderpops

Kott Grilles: Installation 1-out of 10. Easy to follow instructions. Products adds a nice look. Seems that they will be the answer to the build up of leaves.

Highmont Run/Brake/Turn light: Installation 3.5 out of 10 (Panel removal and Drilling for wires). Instructions were detailed and easy to understand. Product looks and functions like it should have been a OEM standard.

Led Bumpskid w/remote: Installation 2 out of 10 (Simply because of the drilling). Super easy instructions. Product looks amazing, I was on the fence of getting the Leds because most pictures look like the Leds have a purple hue to them. That is NOT the case the pictures do not do this product justice the Leds are bright white and nicely recessed. I picked the SpyderPops over another brand because the leds were installed, the other brands Leds need to installed with the adhesive backing and I know I would have made a mess of that.

If you don't think you need a Bumpskid think again. I have a 2016 RTL that only has 2000 miles on it (due to working out of town a lot). But when we ride it I ride easy as I have precious cargo as a passenger. I do not ever remember scraping the bottom and was shocked at all the scratches on the bottom.

I did the install using a J&S Jack and had plenty of room for the drilling.

All of these vendors provide extremely fast shipping, even Tricled (that I think was at Maggie Valley) provided 2 day shipping.

Hopefully if somebody here is on the fence about any of the products or installing the items themselves this will give them some encouragement.
    Last edited by Chasinsparks; 10-14-2018 at 02:07 PM.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the installation reviews. I have most of what you added. But I have been procrastinating adding magnetic mirrors. You inspired me to order mine today. My wife hates you but I don't.....
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

You will love them, and your wife will have a new love for me when you are not cursing and throwing things trying to get the mirrors on.

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Thanks for the installation reviews. I have most of what you added. But I have been procrastinating adding magnetic mirrors. You inspired me to order mine today. My wife hates you but I don't.....
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Default All Smiles!

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    You will love them, and your wife will have a new love for me when you are not cursing and throwing things trying to get the mirrors on.
    Yes, he will love them! I recently ordered mine after putting off ordering them for at least a year.

I received the Magic Mirrors one day and the next day my significant other put them on my RTL. When I went out to the garage to check on him (less than 30 minutes), he strutted towards me with his chest held high and put his 2 thumbs in the imaginary straps from his imaginary overalls and beamed the biggest smile of his life! He had conquered the BEAST.
    The Magic Mirrors performed beautifully, and he took the credit.
    I love this man, but I also love the Magic Mirrors. Such a wonderful invention.
    2016 RTL , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

What's next??? Most would say that you have a very good start.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

1,2 and 3's out of 10 for installation, that doesn't rate very high? Can you elaborate if this was due to the (farkle) product side or BRP's design of the Spyder making things difficult on an otherwise easy install?
    Last edited by asp125; 10-14-2018 at 01:34 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Default Humm

Not sure, maybe some farkle anonymous classes

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    What's next??? Most would say that you have a very good start.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

1 being easiest and 10 being the hardest to install. All of these were easy to install. Most time consuming was taking panels off.

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    1,2 and 3's out of 10 for installation, that doesn't rate very high? Can you elaborate if this was due to the (farkle) product side or BRP's design of the Spyder making things difficult on an otherwise easy install?
    To be continued....

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    1 being easiest and 10 being the hardest to install. All of these were easy to install. Most time consuming was taking panels off.
    Ah.. ok, I misunderstood that as a ranking 1/10 as bad, 10/10 being the highest.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Farkles

Thanks for the Tips and report.
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the Magic Mirrors from Lamont.

I also have the Knot grills,.

I also have the rear LED lights( below the trunk release, and on the saddle bags, so the cars/trucks can see the rear of the spyder,) running/brake/ turning.

Thanks for the installation update.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD