Spyder Garage

Default garage parking problem

Good morning, We are buying a new town-home and the garage is 19' wide and 20' deep, the same as my current garage. I park the Spyder sideways in front of my wife's Kia Soul. Problem here is the rear 1' 6" are a step up like a lot of garages have. Any ideas how to get one front wheel up on the step. Otherwise my car will be outside in the cold Chicago winter. Thanks, Mike
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post
    Good morning, We are buying a new town-home and the garage is 19' wide and 20' deep, the same as my current garage. I park the Spyder sideways in front of my wife's Kia Soul. Problem here is the rear 1' 6" are a step up like a lot of garages have. Any ideas how to get one front wheel up on the step. Otherwise my car will be outside in the cold Chicago winter. Thanks, Mike
    Car ramps. Cheap, easy, safe.

https://express.google.com/u/0/produ...BoC5RQQAvD_BwE

2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default can you

can you do a photo of the garage area in question ? one wheel up would this be an awkward angle for the spyder to sit for a long period ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How tall is the ceiling?

Kia on top, Spyder underneath... with room for another Spyder.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Still wondering why I got divorced

Nice and easy.....
    Put your wife's car outside and park both the Spyder and your car inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by wmh9680 View Post

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    Nice and easy.....
    Put your wife's car outside and park both the Spyder and your car inside.
    I take it you aren’t married, Road-Kill?

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Default seems easy....

you can add a 45 slant with some mortar/ cement in the area the front wheel will be up on...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    While I don't disagree with the suggestion to use a ramp, do NOT get the ramps in the picture. Cheap, yes, but not easy or safe. AT ALL. I have a pair and they are awful. Just awful. At least on my garage floor, they slide horribly. It's a two-man or even three-man job to get either a car or a Spyder up on them because of the sliding problem. Somebody has to hold them while the other moves the vehicle. The last time I tried to use one (by myself) on the Spyder, I was trying to move verrrrry slowly (because I knew what they do) and I almost made it before it suddenly slid forward anyway and ended up under the Spyder where then dented the muffler and got stuck. I had to use a car jack to get the Spyder off it.

I second Chupaca's suggestion although instead of concrete you could probably also make a simple ramp out of 3/4" plywood with some 2x4 supports under it.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    While I don't disagree with the suggestion to use a ramp, do NOT get the ramps in the picture. Cheap, yes, but not easy or safe. AT ALL. I have a pair and they are awful. Just awful. At least on my garage floor, they slide horribly. It's a two-man or even three-man job to get either a car or a Spyder up on them because of the sliding problem. Somebody has to hold them while the other moves the vehicle. The last time I tried to use one (by myself) on the Spyder, I was trying to move verrrrry slowly (because I knew what they do) and I almost made it before it suddenly slid forward anyway and ended up under the Spyder where then dented the muffler and got stuck. I had to use a car jack to get the Spyder off it.

I second Chupaca's suggestion although instead of concrete you could probably also make a simple ramp out of 3/4" plywood with some 2x4 supports under it.
    I use the ones from Harbor Freight and don't have any problems with them on concrete surfaces. If you do, put some double sided tape on the bottom and stick them in place.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default side x side ?

you have a 19 foot wide garage 20 foot long wiggle the spyder in then pull the car in the car is around 6 foot wide, the spyder is under 6 foot wide, leaves 7 feet of playroom on the sides ?