Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    And you are being judgmental, I think. You don't know me at all but you're ready to draw conclusions about me based on my activity on this forum. Introvert is only part of who I am. Another part is someone who learned long ago that I need to speak up and be counted if I want to get anywhere in life.

So, although my preference is to avoid open conflict in social situations, and I avoid social situations where conflict is likely or inevitable (thankfully I don't have to go to work in an office anymore), that doesn't mean I am unwilling to exchange ideas in a meaningful debate.
    Okay, Mr. overbearing introvert.

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

And you are being judgmental, I think. You don't know me at all but you're ready to draw conclusions about me based on my activity on this forum. Introvert is only part of who I am. Another part is someone who learned long ago that I need to speak up and be counted if I want to get anywhere in life.

So, although my preference is to avoid open conflict in social situations, and I avoid social situations where conflict is likely or inevitable (thankfully I don't have to go to work in an office anymore), that doesn't mean I am unwilling to exchange ideas in a meaningful debate.
    No, nothing judgmental about it. Just going by the observations I have made in the few years I have been on here.

If I were to accuse someone of stealing when they walked out of a store and assumed they had stolen it, then called them a thief, that would be judgmental. If I watched them take it off of the shelf, put it in their pocket and walk out of the store without paying, it would not be judgmental to say he was a thief, but a statement of fact based on my observations.

I have observed you inserting yourself into post when prayers for someone is mentioned, telling them how it does nothing.
    I have observed you confronting anyone who has any threads about guns or the second amendment.
    If someone expresses any ideas that are political or socially conservative, you have to tell how they are wrong.

As far as "speaking up to get anywhere in life", how does that pertain to belittling someones religious beliefs? What did it do to get you any farther in life when you confront someone on constitutional, or political beliefs?

I am not saying that you shouldn't, or condemning you for the stances that you take. I am not saying you should not express you opinion, but don't do it with the excuse that you are advancing yourself in life somehow.

I am saying however that in all my years of sales, teaching building classes, and being very active in teaching at church, I have met tens of thousands of people. In this time I have met many introverts. Every introvert I have ever met was not argumentative, or confrontational until they were personally attacked, and most times not even then. They didn't go out of there way to be controversial or argumentative as I have observed you to be.

Me, I know I am not an introvert, and I love expressing my opinion of things, as you can probably tell. Doesn't mean I am right or wrong, but it is a good debate. I try to do my best not to make it personal and attack an individual unless they are blatantly rude. Yes I have done that here on occasion unfortunately.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are we done yet?

2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Are we done yet?

No, we are moving on to bacon, dogs, and motor homes.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I Love bacon... always have a dog around... and just ordered a new Motorhome!

Future Bacon.jpgHappy Camper.jpgWayfarer3.jpg
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 10-16-2018 at 09:06 AM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's amazing how even an innocuous topic like this can get so off-track.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I am saying however that in all my years of sales, teaching building classes, and being very active in teaching at church, I have met tens of thousands of people. In this time I have met many introverts. Every introvert I have ever met was not argumentative, or confrontational until they were personally attacked, and most times not even then. They didn't go out of there way to be controversial or argumentative as I have observed you to be.
    That's being judgmental. Just as the article says, an extrovert will never understand (or respect, in most cases) an introvert.

Matthew 7:1 Judge not lest ye be judged.
    Last edited by UtahPete; 10-16-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I read the article, I agree with your statement, but most do not go out of their way to be social and communicative.

You thrive on posting, getting people to, as you call it, have stimulating conversations, I call it arguing.
    You let everyone know your opinion on every topic that comes up, whether they want it or not.
    I am not saying all of that it bad, but I don't see that as the dominate characteristics of an introvert.

I think you just validated my earlier post;

Okay, so here's my theory as it relates to behavior on the off-topic forum.

I think a lot of participants who get caught up in heated arguments are introverts who would not engage in the same way if it were to take place in a social setting. They either would not be in that social setting in the first place, or would keep their thoughts to themselves rather than engage in verbal combat with the extroverts. But the distance, both virtual and actual, created by the online forum, provides the opportunity for introverts to engage, disengage and reflect as they wish. There is no immediacy or social pressure as there would be at a real gathering.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

UP,

Do you think you've ever swayed someone from their original stance on a topic?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    UP, Do you think you've ever swayed someone from their original stance on a topic?
    Only introverts.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Only introverts.
    UP,

I went out of the way to find this example of introvert vs extrovert.

The first clip on this video shows two extroverts; they are able to talk things out. The second two are introverts, with pent up emotions, which are set free for all to see.

Can you quote some more scripture, please; it gives me goose bumps, coming from you.

I know, I just perverted the whole topic.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Can you quote some more scripture, please; it gives me goose bumps, coming from you.
    Okay, glad to oblige here's one for you;

Matthew 5:3-10 (The Beatitudes)

• Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    • Blessed are they who mourn, for they will be comforted.
    • Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the land.
    • Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be satisfied.
    • Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy.
    • Blessed are the clean of heart, for they will see God.
    • Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
    • Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Good grief. Sometimes in these threads it reminds me of the two 80 year olds who decided to take it outside the bar and settle it when I was in Australia. It was just sad, lots of drunken bluster and whiffed punches. It was also, in its own way, sort of humorous as we don’t advance much past 5 year olds in some situations. I guess it also reminds me of my dad when in declining mental state went to try to grab a nurses boob. Also sad but humorous and she was a good sport about it. Some instincts die hard apparently.

All I really meant to post is that Introvert and Extrovert are all on the same spectrum and are just STYLE preferences anyone will exhibit either style to varying degree depending on circumstances.

Sorry for the trip trip down memory lane.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White