Spyder Garage

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

i can agree with not being allowed to publish their schematics online but everything else they said & did was just wrong
    and should be considered illegal.

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Apple

When I first got my Spyder, I was happy to learn that I could plug my old iPod in in the trunk. I had not used it in a year or so and when I did plug it in, it would work for a song or two and then quit working. I took it to an Apple store and they pretty much just glanced at it and said that the battery was toast and that it was too old (generation 5) and they didn't repair them anymore. I did some research and found that I could purchase a replacement battery from Amazon so I did. Replaced it on my own and it's worked fine ever since. I also found that you can replace the hard drive inside the iPod with a solid state device that works cooler, is less likely to fail because of shock (dropping). I will not buy another Apple product ever again. JMHO.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Default Sad...

But have also experienced this. Wife and daughter are fans of Apple but I found an independent who has helped them several times. Myself and son are Samsung people... this way we are well represented...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Y

I too will never buy another apple product. I have had great luck with Samsung.
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

At the last Apple Black Friday sale I thought I was going to get a discount on a new 32Gig iPad. Nope, just some coupons to buy more stuff from them. So, I returned it. Then I bought the same iPad from Best Buy but with 128Gigs for a few dollars more.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    I too will never buy another apple product. I have had great luck with Samsung.
    Samsung is pulling the same trick though. The battery in the newer Galaxy phones are not replaceable, at least not in my S7.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Samsung

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Samsung is pulling the same trick though. The battery in the newer Galaxy phones are not replaceable, at least not in my S7.
    I just checked Amazon and they have replacement batteries for the S7 and S7 Edge (which I have). They even include tools that you will need for less than $20.00
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderConvert View Post
    I just checked Amazon and they have replacement batteries for the S7 and S7 Edge (which I have). They even include tools that you will need for less than $20.00
    Have you watched any videos about replacing the battery? It can be done but it certainly is not for the faint of heart!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default Video

I haven't watched the video. If it appears to be more difficult than replacing the battery in the iPod, I'll try to find a cell phone repair center that will do it.