Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  18
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ashburn, VA
    Posts
    103

    Default Another drone production

    Because so many of you enjoyed my last video, I made another one of my ryde today. Hope you enjoy it!

    https://youtu.be/sg9Cz9eliSo

    I'm really enjoying making these videos and will be making more as time permits, so feel free to subscribe to my YouTube channel
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

  2. #2
    Active Member Spyder601's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Brandon, MS
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Again great job sir!
    17 F3 Limited (Pearl White), Sena 10C intercom, X Grip iPhone mount, IPS key, spyder to go cup holder, Lamonster Highway Center Lane, TricLED engine lights, TricLED night rider, LS2 Helmets, Lamonster Bypass pipe, 2 Brothers Exhaust, mirror relocator kit, Bluetooth radio module, OEM Backrest, Rear LED Light Kit


  3. #3
    Consumer Advocate akspyderman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chugiak, Alaska
    Posts
    32,106

    Default

    Fantastic. Keep the videos coming.

    Currently Owned: 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium), 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow), 2015 Vulcan 900 LTD

    Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) Pictures of 2008 and 2009 Spyders are in Alaska Albums 2009 and 2010.
    5 Spyders, 9 years, 139,000 miles, 5 Spyder miles per post.


  4. #4
    Member BigBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    22

    Default

    That is so cool. Thanks again for the great video.

  5. #5
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Really well done. What were you pointing at on one of the corners? Gravel???

  6. #6
    Very Active Member youngers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    clark county indiana
    Posts
    959

    Default nice

    that was a nice ride , pretty cool the way the drive way has the island right in front of the gate ! sure makes one want to skip work and go riding

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bavaria, Germany
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Cool, great job! Which drone model did you use?

  8. #8
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ashburn, VA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    Really well done. What were you pointing at on one of the corners? Gravel???
    Are you talking about around the 2:12 mark?
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

  9. #9
    Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    3,021

    Default

    Loved the slightly closer position on this one, and the way the drone seemed to sense trees and gained altitude when they were getting closer.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

    2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

  10. #10
    Active Member Woodaddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Salisbury,NC
    Posts
    140

    Default

    cool, that spyder likes to take up the whole road
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd, 2010 Honda NT700V, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

  11. #11
    Very Active Member HayRog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Sacramento Scouse, CA
    Posts
    669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Loved the slightly closer position on this one, and the way the drone seemed to sense trees and gained altitude when they were getting closer.
    Ditto
    Got any Town or road names we can google map ?

  12. #12
    Very Active Member gkamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Spokane, Wa
    Posts
    503

    Default Nice Work

    Neat, thanks for sharing
    Greg Kamer
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room"

  13. #13
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ashburn, VA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HayRog View Post
    Ditto
    Got any Town or road names we can google map ?
    Don't have any road names, but they are from various roads between Tuscarora and Bluemont in Virginia.
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

  14. #14
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Queensland Australia
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    Are you talking about around the 2:12 mark?
    Yes, at 2.12. Something on the road?

  15. #15
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ashburn, VA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by treva View Post
    Yes, at 2.12. Something on the road?
    Good catch! I didn't even realize it was in the video until you mentioned it. Had to watch it again to figure out what you were talking about.

    The drone looked to be getting a little too close to trees. The controller was strapped to the back seat so I reached back and pushed the stick to raise the drone some to clear them.
    Last edited by SpyderSkeets; 10-12-2018 at 04:55 AM.
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

  16. #16
    Active Member Chefex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Watertown south Dakota
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Pretty Cool!!!

  17. #17
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    South Riding, VA
    Posts
    84

    Default Same area

    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    Good catch! I didn't even realize it was in the video until you mentioned it. Had to watch it again to figure out what you were talking about.

    The drone looked to be getting a little too close to trees. The controller was strapped to the back seat so I reached back and pushed the stick to raise the drone some to clear them.
    I live in SOuth Riding and was trying to figure out where you were riding. Nice video.

  18. #18
    Active Member pjweimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pataskala, OH
    Posts
    192

    Default Impressed!

    We have a DJI Mavic Air drone and have been considering shooting a similar sequence while riding our 2014 RT Ltd. What make/model drone shot this sequence? If it was a DJI model would like to know the various video setting that you used.
    TIA
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights

  19. #19
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    456

    Default Video

    YES, another good video.
    2016 RT LIMITED, YES, color 'BLUE'

  20. #20
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Ashburn, VA
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pjweimer View Post
    We have a DJI Mavic Air drone and have been considering shooting a similar sequence while riding our 2014 RT Ltd. What make/model drone shot this sequence? If it was a DJI model would like to know the various video setting that you used.
    TIA
    I use a Yuneec Typhoon H for these. I have the Mavic Air and the Mavic 2 Zoom as well. The Mavics are superior to the Typhoon in almost every way, but in my opinion, the Typhoon H is far superior for Following/Watching. The Typhoon H follows the controller via GPS and has never lost connection to what it is following. However, since it follows the controller, you have to carry that with you..and it is a pretty big controller. The Mavics follow the subject optically (you choose what you want to follow by selecting the subject on the display) The Typhoon H tracks the controller via GPS and does not depend on what it is seeing on the display. It consistently tracks, follows, and watches the controller and I have never had a problem with it losing track. Even when the Mavics did work sort of correctly, there is noticeable slowing down and speeding up of the movement of the drone on the completed video. There is a 3rd party app for the DJI, called Litchi that tracks the remote via GPS. The tracking of it is almost just as good as the Typhoon H, but there is still the slowing down and speeding up of the movement of the drone. There is a firmware update for the Mavics that is supposed to improve the tracking, but I haven't tried it yet
    SpyderSkeets
    Ashburn, VA
    2017 F3-T SE6

  21. #21
    Active Member SteveP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    269

    Default Keep Ryding

    These are nice to watch as our Ryding season comes to a close here in the great white north 🙂

  22. #22
    Active Member pjweimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pataskala, OH
    Posts
    192

    Default Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSkeets View Post
    I use a Yuneec Typhoon H for these. I have the Mavic Air and the Mavic 2 Zoom as well. The Mavics are superior to the Typhoon in almost every way, but in my opinion, the Typhoon H is far superior for Following/Watching. The Typhoon H follows the controller via GPS and has never lost connection to what it is following. However, since it follows the controller, you have to carry that with you..and it is a pretty big controller. The Mavics follow the subject optically (you choose what you want to follow by selecting the subject on the display) The Typhoon H tracks the controller via GPS and does not depend on what it is seeing on the display. It consistently tracks, follows, and watches the controller and I have never had a problem with it losing track. Even when the Mavics did work sort of correctly, there is noticeable slowing down and speeding up of the movement of the drone on the completed video. There is a 3rd party app for the DJI, called Litchi that tracks the remote via GPS. The tracking of it is almost just as good as the Typhoon H, but there is still the slowing down and speeding up of the movement of the drone. There is a firmware update for the Mavics that is supposed to improve the tracking, but I haven't tried it yet
    Much appreciate your response. Look forward to your future posts.
    2014 RT Ltd Silver Platinum Satin, Ultimate Seat, rider and passenger backrests, Vented Windshield, Adjustable Side Wind Deflectors, Chrome Tri Axis Handlebars with GPS Support, Trailer Hitch Kit, RT-622 Trailer Silver Platinum Satin, Stebil Air Horn, BajaRon's Sway Bar, Spyderpops Bumpskid bike and Trailer, R/T grills, SpyderSisters Front Trunk Pockets, SpyderSisters Sunshade, Spyderflaps Mud Flap, many TricLED lights

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •