Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Hurricane Michael

Looks like we're in the direct path of Michael, don't know which side or if it'll be a direct hit. I don't live on the beach or in other mandatory evacuation areas so I'll be riding it out at home. Local reports say the worst time will be from 9am to 9pm. Will be monitoring/posting as long as I have power. Dale

Spyder Garage

Best of luck to you, hope you stay dry.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I hear ya Dale. Riding it out here on the beach but 33' above sea level. Not worried about storm surge as much as the wind. We're buttoned down tight but it's gonna be crazy.

Let me know if you need any help.
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Good Luck I hope it's not as bad as they are saying.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) currin20fan's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Michael

Stay safe!!
    2015 RT Limited , intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll be keeping you all in our thoughts and prayers...

But why not just leave?
    Is it really worth risking your lives?

If things get really ugly: what could you do at that moment; that would make a difference?

Please be safe!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Be safe.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for all of the prayers and well wishes. Barry, I believe you will be more in harms way on the beach-good luck to you also. Will update. Dale

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by d.o.spyder-rts View Post
    Looks like we're in the direct path of Michael, don't know which side or if it'll be a direct hit. I don't live on the beach or in other mandatory evacuation areas so I'll be riding it out at home. Local reports say the worst time will be from 9am to 9pm. Will be monitoring/posting as long as I have power. Dale
    Hope ya'll stay dry and safe!
    Gina J

Spyder Garage

Default Fingers crossed

Be safe......it blows by with minimal effect. Lived in Fla three times and know the affect ....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Good luck man---- NO FLOODING!!!!!!
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Watching this on TV and thinking of you all in Florida. This is getting really ugly.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

we pulled the eject handle at 6AM because it just kept growing and no clear path. now in Spanish Fort, AL.

my poor beach town getting hammered

Spyder Garage

YES! BE SAFE. This one looks like its going to be a really bad one. To late to evac once the storm hits.

Our thoughts and to all who will be affected.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Good luck!
    Weathwr still decent in Maggie Valley.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    we pulled the eject handle at 6AM because it just kept growing and no clear path. now in Spanish Fort, AL.

my poor beach town getting hammered
    Glad to hear that you're safe. Property can always be replaced: people are precious!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default I've seen video

Of the aftermath of Hurricane Michael's path through Florida. Reminds me a lot of the video taken after the A Bombs were dropped on Japan. total devastation.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Just saw the first pictures of the damage at Tyndall AFB. Worse than I could ever imagine. We haven't heard back from the OP yet. I imagine he is without power. Hope that is the extent of it.....
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Remnants on top of us right now in Va. a little wind and a little rain. Missed us again.

Feel bad for Mexico Beach and Panama City area, looks real bad near the coast.

Spyder Garage

we made it back in last night. wanted to beat the traffic plus we had power which most folks here do not have. heard a report that in Bay County 89% of the county is without power.

the worst of the worst is in Panama City and anything east and then north. Callaway, Parker, Mexico Beach were ground zero with winds of near 175mph. words just cannot even begin to express how bad it is. heard one of the head guys from FEMA say he saw Andrew, Katrina & Sandy. Hurricane Michael is much, much worse.

the city of Lynnhaven (just north of Panama City) the mayor said Don't expect electricity for at least two months. the entire grid has to be rebuilt.

betting Dale doesn't have power. cell service is spotty at best and there is no internet there at all.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    But why not just leave?
    Is it really worth risking your lives?

If things get really ugly: what could you do at that moment; that would make a difference?
    Two days after the fact but I'll comment anyway. The reason for staying isn't always stubbornness.

When I lived in Louisiana we were in the direct path of Katrina, that is until 2 am Monday when it turned to Mobile, AL. We chose to stay for several reasons. There was about 50 miles or more of land between the coast and us so I figured the storm would be attenuated somewhat by that distance. The highways were jam packed full, as were all the hotels within about 200 or 300 miles out. This was already a couple of days before we would be hit. So travel and lodging both were nigh impossible. My neighbor was widowed and a dog breeder. She had about 30 Yorkie pups and moving them out was pretty much not an option. I felt an obligation to stay close by in case she suffered significant damage. And I wanted to be there to get a tarp on the roof of my house ASAP if a tree fell on it. This last reason was pretty lame, I know.

Did I really want to stay? Hell no. Was I scared? You're damn right I was. I had never before been so scared in my life, but with all things taken into consideration I felt the best thing to do was to stay. Now, I agree. If one can expect to be clobbered by a hurricane that still is a Cat 4 or 5 when it gets to you, you better get out!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DJFaninTN View Post
    we made it back in last night. wanted to beat the traffic plus we had power which most folks here do not have. heard a report that in Bay County 89% of the county is without power.

the worst of the worst is in Panama City and anything east and then north. Callaway, Parker, Mexico Beach were ground zero with winds of near 175mph. words just cannot even begin to express how bad it is. heard one of the head guys from FEMA say he saw Andrew, Katrina & Sandy. Hurricane Michael is much, much worse.

the city of Lynnhaven (just north of Panama City) the mayor said Don't expect electricity for at least two months. the entire grid has to be rebuilt.

betting Dale doesn't have power. cell service is spotty at best and there is no internet there at all.
    Having been through a few of the Florida hurricanes, and seeing the aftermath of them, including Andrew, to be worse than Andrew, while believable, is damage far beyond what most people could even consider possible anywhere or envision.

The storm has created the destruction, sadly the crooks, including some within the insurance industry are about to capitlize on this.

All the best as you go forward.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi, all!! I'm able to post because I have access to the internet-had to go to Georgia to see my mom and I'm connected to my brother's wi-fi. We lost power shortly after my 8:02 am post. We made it thru the storm ok (including our 4 cats). I believe we were in the eye wall the entire time-there was no storm lull. We were luckier than most, we have a home to live in. It sustained some damage but is livable. There were a couple of houses around the corner on my street that are totally destroyed. There is some good news, my spyder made it thru with only a couple of scratches. Will try and update more later. Dale

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update. Very lengthy rebuilding process. Glad you're safe
    Semper Fi