Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Software update?

Quote Originally Posted by SpdrDvr View Post
    I am so upset with this whole BRP Connect debacle. It is a J O K E ! I've contacted BRP, sent emails asking questions, stopped at four "dealers" on my way to Sturgis and I had a dealer from Matthews N.C. tell me at SpyderFest, "We can help you with that" so I went 200 miles out of my way, spent $250.00 for an oil change and IT. DOES. NOT. WORK! Guess I'll be getting a Garmin also!

BRP, ARE YOU LISTENING??
    When was the last time you had a dealer update your software? I had my 3k service a few weeks ago, no longer have any problems w any BRP Connect apps. And I’m not sure if it was a Genius update or the BRP Connect software update, but now I no longer get that verbal “pls slow down to 55mph” warnings anymore. Not sure if this is even possible but the radio seems better/louder after 3k service. Used to not be able to hear it above 60-65mph but on my way home from Island Powersports I was doing 80-85mph and could still hear my music. Good luck, I hope the update helps you. I absolutely love the BRP Connect Dash and glad to see it on the new 2019’s.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The one thing when working with new technology is to keep the devices up to date. Both the smartphone as well as the Spyder dash software needs to be the latest version. Also the apps like BRP Connect as well as Genius maps and Rever etc need to be kept updated.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default Updates, Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    The one thing when working with new technology is to keep the devices up to date. Both the smartphone as well as the Spyder dash software needs to be the latest version. Also the apps like BRP Connect as well as Genius maps and Rever etc need to be kept updated.
    I had the BRP version checked in M/V and a couple days later in Matthews, N. C. and as of then it was up to date. I have Google maps and was told BRP does not have the authority or permission to use their map app. When I go into the "Connect" app I don't even get the main screen to come up. I've unloaded and reloaded all of the apps and still it does not work. "Scott" (I don't remember his last name) who is a BRP REP said he would check with engineers at the head of the "connect" department and get back to me with an answer, I'm still waiting. I've got almost 10k miles on it in three months so it's not like I don't ride.
    Last edited by SpdrDvr; 10-28-2018 at 05:46 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had the BRP version checked in M/V and a couple days later in Matthews, N. C. and as of then it was up to date. I have Google maps and was told BRP does not have the authority or permission to use their map app. When I go into the "Connect" app I don't even get the main screen to come up. I've unloaded and reloaded all of the apps and still it does not work. "Scott" (I don't remember his last name) who is a BRP REP said he would check with engineers at the head of the "connect" department and get back to me with an answer, I'm still waiting. I've got almost 10k miles on it in three months so it's not like I don't ride.
    Would be helpful if we knew what smartphone you have as this sounds like a really unusual problem.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amkrat View Post
    The only voice change that I could find there was to choose between American and British English. I tried both and can't tell any difference.
    Same with the tablet version, which I use. Sometime in the past I remember something about Sygic dropping their custom voice sounds and now use Google voices. I'll have to search for that. I hears a British voice using American distance and speed units, but maybe those are the same for both US and UK.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I didn't purchase the BRP Sygic app but instead loaded the generic Sygic app from App store. I wanted to see what it would do first before purchase. The one thing that I don't like is that this version will not select a detour route if you don't follow the Sygic directions. It wanted to send me down seasonal roads and dead end roads. I emailed Sygic and they said that it will not re-navigate from the selected route.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    2004 GOLDWING
    2012 Suzuki Burgman
    2001 Honda Silverwing
    1999 Honda Helix
    1976 Goldwing
    1982 Honda Silverwing
    1972 Honda 500 four

Spyder Garage

Default New BRP App

Quote Originally Posted by amkrat View Post
    I just discovered a new app that is compatible with BRP Connect. It is called Sygic and is another navigation app. It looked promising as an alternative to Genius Maps, so I downloaded the app and maps, secretly hoping that this one would be free. It wasn't until I did all of that did I discover (like Genius Maps) that it isn't free. They want $74.95 for the version that interacts with BRP Connect. The nav program itself looks like a good one with lots of features. I'm just not sure at this point if I want to throw more money at an app that might not be any better than the one I have already paid for. There is an 8 day trial period, so if the weather breaks here in Nebraska, I'll give it a try. If anyone does buy this, I will be interested to read about well it works and how it compares to Genius Maps.
    I got that one. Much, much better then Genius Map. Not sure where you got that $74.95 but all it asked was about $17.00 for the Premium. I'll keep using it untill it stops. We'll see.
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

Default Open each app on phone.

Sorry you’re having this big problem. I’m not intending on insulting you, but have u opened all apps on phone and went through all initial “settings” set up for each app? Also have to pair phone to Spyder AND have it connected via cable to front USB Port for it to work. To update Genius you have to open the app, click icon on bottom right (looks like 3 horizontal lines) then click “Manage Maps”. That’s how u confirm u have latest maps and that’s where u have to go to update maps, phone will not do it automatically. And remember to hit that heart shaped icon when done w each screen. YouTube maybe able to help. Usually when people have these problems it’s due to one simple setting. Worst case is BRP will have to replace your dash, it’s under warrantee. Again, didn’t want to insult you, I’ve just had some success helping other ‘18 owners get BRP Connect to work properly. Best of luck, hope they resolve it quickly.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Bigmo

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    I got that one. Much, much better then Genius Map. Not sure where you got that $74.95 but all it asked was about $17.00 for the Premium. I'll keep using it untill it stops. We'll see.
    Thanks for the info Bigmo. I too heard it was expensive, already spent about $90 on Genius (waiting for my $90 BRP card). I just downloaded Sygic, hasn’t asked for $ yet, said I’m in trial mode. Looking forward to checking it out.

Spyder Garage

Default Sygic $74.99

Just went to upgrade to Sygic Premium...says $74.99. Think I’ll just have to use it during free period to see if it’s worth it compared to Genius.
    $74.99 for North America
    $79.99 for World.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rvanbeek View Post
    I didn't purchase the BRP Sygic app but instead loaded the generic Sygic app from App store. I wanted to see what it would do first before purchase. The one thing that I don't like is that this version will not select a detour route if you don't follow the Sygic directions. It wanted to send me down seasonal roads and dead end roads. I emailed Sygic and they said that it will not re-navigate from the selected route.
    There are 3 Sygic GPS apps and we want the Sygic Car Navigation. To make it work we need the $75 premium so we can download the map data and be able to connect to the bike’s system with BRP Connect. They have the map data for each state and I think because many users don’t have a lot of storage space to download half of the US let alone all of it. It does re-route very quickly. You can create a route on Google Maps and upload to Sygic. You can modify your route by moving part of the route like you would in Google. You can save it and it will remember the modified route unlike Genius where you have to add via points so it will save the modified route.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

You can create a route on Google Maps and upload to Sygic.
    How do you do that? The only way I've found that works is to save a Google maps route as a URL, open that URL in ITN Converter, output an .itf file, and copy that file to the Itinerary folder on my tablet or phone, and finally load that route into Sygic.

An aggravation I haven't found the answer to yet (haven't looked real hard!) is how to swap waypoints in the route sequence in Sygic. And how to change the destination has eluded me. Right now those are the only real aggravations I've encountered using Sygic. I really like its configurability, like changing changing speed warning setpoints differently for urban and rural areas. It does like to repeatedly say "In xxx yards go straight ahead" when you come up to an intersection or Y where you could turn if you wanted to go a different direction. Depending on what road type priority you set you can repeatedly get a 'please make a u-turn' or 'in xxx yards turn left (right)' in an effort to get you to go to a higher preferred road route if you're on a lower priority road.

The car centric version may be a little bit different from the stand alone tablet/phone version, I don't know. So far, my purchase of a premium version has let me download map and program updates as available without any more payment. Downloading state maps is done state by state so you only install the ones you need. If you buy the North American license that gives you Canada also.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I remember reading about being able to create route in Google but I guess it was for one of the other Sygic GPS apps as I can't find anything for their Car Navigation app. shucks!

But I did find this https://createweb.be/plan-your-gps-r...-the-computer/

I found a few other links that show a lot about how to use the app and create routes.

https://www.manula.com/manuals/sygic...c/product-info

https://help.sygic.com/en/sygic-car-...o-create-route
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 10-30-2018 at 12:46 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I am so upset with this whole BRP Connect debacle. It is a J O K E ! I've contacted BRP, sent emails asking questions, stopped at four "dealers" on my way to Sturgis and I had a dealer from Matthews N.C. tell me at SpyderFest, "We can help you with that" so I went 200 miles out of my way, spent $250.00 for an oil change and IT. DOES. NOT. WORK! Guess I'll be getting a Garmin also!

BRP, ARE YOU LISTENING??
    Hello @SpdrDvr, We hear you loud and clear. Please send us an email to brp.care@brp.com, we want to hear your story and investigate further. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks
    BRPcare
    Social Consumer Experience Team

Spyder Garage

Default Samsung 7

Would be helpful if we knew what smartphone you have as this sounds like a really unusual problem.
    When I was in M/V and Scott was looking over the problem I mentioned that maybe I should bite the bullet and upgrade to the S9. Scott say to me, "No, You shouldn't have to do that, BRP says your phone should work". I text Scott yesterday and he replied that he is still trying to get in touch with the "guy". I honestly believe he is trying to help, But why does this have to be so painful?? Hello BRP, Listening yet? Thank you to those of you that have given this some thought and shared them here.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP is listening?

Quote Originally Posted by BRPcare View Post
    Hello @SpdrDvr, We hear you loud and clear. Please send us an email to brp.care@brp.com, we want to hear your story and investigate further. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks
    Hello, I have shown and explained the problem to Scott Bennett of BRP. He has seen first hand what the problem is when we were in M/V two weeks ago and as of yesterday he is still trying to get in touch with the engineers that designed it and is unable to. Leana and Matt of Mathews Fun Machines in Mathews N.C. know the situation first hand. I have spoken to your customer care folks and they know the situation. How many times and to how many people do I need to explain it to? My one typing finger is tired and the story is too long to explain in writing and then you are going to have numerous questions.
    Can you PM me and I will give you my number and we can talk, Hell I'll take the day off work so I can sit on my byke as we go through it.
    Bottom line is $30k, 3.5 months later and I just want it to work. Thank you for responding I do appreciate the gesture, now let's get it working so I can enjoy all of the BRP machine that I bought.

Spyder Garage

Can you PM me and I will give you my number and we can talk, Hell I'll take the day off work so I can sit on my byke as we go through it.
    I suggest you quote the post from them and do the email. They do not do PMs. Haven't for a couple of years or so.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Same here.... half the time it don't work on mine.... what mount did you use to mount your GPS?
    2018 F3T , Red

Spyder Garage

The 13.20 software update really helped BRP Connect. Radio is much louder & better.
    And there was an update for Genius Maps, so much better. Now you can permanently disable the Speed alert, and I believe the gas station (Petro) alert as well. And I moved volume all the way up in the Genius App (on the phone) and it has stayed at full volume ever since. I think I’m gonna pass on Sygic for now, I paid for Genius and it’s working much better now. Rerouted me a couple times due to traffic, and I was glad it did!
    Good luck, I hope BRP can fix your dash, must be very frustrating.