Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default New BRP Connect App

I just discovered a new app that is compatible with BRP Connect. It is called Sygic and is another navigation app. It looked promising as an alternative to Genius Maps, so I downloaded the app and maps, secretly hoping that this one would be free. It wasn't until I did all of that did I discover (like Genius Maps) that it isn't free. They want $74.95 for the version that interacts with BRP Connect. The nav program itself looks like a good one with lots of features. I'm just not sure at this point if I want to throw more money at an app that might not be any better than the one I have already paid for. There is an 8 day trial period, so if the weather breaks here in Nebraska, I'll give it a try. If anyone does buy this, I will be interested to read about well it works and how it compares to Genius Maps.

Spyder Garage

Default Sygic

Good morning, I noticed the same. When I first saw it in BRP app I tried to download but it didn’t work. So I read some reviews and wasn’t happy w what I read. I’ve been having success w Genius, so I’m gonna wait to hear what u guys say before I install the new one. The only thing I don’t like about Genius is that constant “Speed Limit” warning. I forget to disable it sometimes, wish we could permanently delete that “warning”.
    Gonna follow this thread.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

You and me both on the Genius Maps "Speed Limit" warning. I even put a sticky note on the cell phone holder, and I still forget to disable that warning. Once you are under way, its too late to do anything about it.

Spyder Garage

Hi guys, I have had te speed limit come on??? I get all the turns and distance too however. What am I not doing???

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Tap on the speaker icon at the bottom of the map screen. Then, under audio alerts, you can disable those alerts individually. Unfortunately, it is not permanent. It will reset itself to re-enable if you leave the app and return.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect

Guys, i tried the BRP connect on my new 2018 F3 Limited and I did not like it! I solved my problem by buying me a Garmin GPS and hooking it up on my handlebars! This leaves my cell phone free to do with as I please! This system works great for me, hope you the best in trying to use this monster that BRP as created!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amkrat View Post
    You and me both on the Genius Maps "Speed Limit" warning. I even put a sticky note on the cell phone holder, and I still forget to disable that warning. Once you are under way, its too late to do anything about it.
    How long have you had your Spyder and where did you get it??? Just wondering as it is identical to mine.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    How long have you had your Spyder and where did you get it??? Just wondering as it is identical to mine.
    BIG F

Bought the Spyder the first part of July from Edwards in Council Bluffs. We have nearly 8,000 miles on it already. Its been a good riding summer.

Spyder Garage

I don’t mind the app system. Have no need for Bluetooth headset right now, so it’s all just visual. Plus I don’t plan on traveling too far, mostly plan on exploring my great state. Too many places to see in my own back yard, so a compass will do me just fine.

I do plan on re-routing my iPhone connect cable up to the dash area. Silliest thing I’ve ever seen having the phone locked away in a trunk. I guess BRP had their reasons?

Spyder Garage

I just discovered a new app that is compatible with BRP Connect. It is called Sygic and is another navigation app. It looked promising as an alternative to Genius Maps, so I downloaded the app and maps, secretly hoping that this one would be free. It wasn't until I did all of that did I discover (like Genius Maps) that it isn't free. They want $74.95 for the version that interacts with BRP Connect. The nav program itself looks like a good one with lots of features. I'm just not sure at this point if I want to throw more money at an app that might not be any better than the one I have already paid for. There is an 8 day trial period, so if the weather breaks here in Nebraska, I'll give it a try. If anyone does buy this, I will be interested to read about well it works and how it compares to Genius Maps.
    Hey amkrat, do you belong to NSIR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders)??? we are "nicer"!!
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    Hey amkrat, do you belong to NSIR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders)??? we are "nicer"!!
    BIG F
    I do belong to NSIR. I haven't had a chance to join in on any gatherings yet. Seems like always something else going on. Hope to join in soon.

Spyder Garage

Default New BRP App

I got that one. Much, much better then Genius Map. Not sure where you got that $74.95 but all it asked was about $17.00 for the Premium. I'll keep using it untill it stops. We'll see.
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Bigmo

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmo View Post
    I got that one. Much, much better then Genius Map. Not sure where you got that $74.95 but all it asked was about $17.00 for the Premium. I'll keep using it untill it stops. We'll see.
    Thanks for the info Bigmo. I too heard it was expensive, already spent about $90 on Genius (waiting for my $90 BRP card). I just downloaded Sygic, hasn’t asked for $ yet, said I’m in trial mode. Looking forward to checking it out.

Spyder Garage

Default Sygic $74.99

Just went to upgrade to Sygic Premium...says $74.99. Think I’ll just have to use it during free period to see if it’s worth it compared to Genius.
    $74.99 for North America
    $79.99 for World.

Spyder Garage

The 13.20 software update really helped BRP Connect. Radio is much louder & better.
    And there was an update for Genius Maps, so much better. Now you can permanently disable the Speed alert, and I believe the gas station (Petro) alert as well. And I moved volume all the way up in the Genius App (on the phone) and it has stayed at full volume ever since. I think I’m gonna pass on Sygic for now, I paid for Genius and it’s working much better now. Rerouted me a couple times due to traffic, and I was glad it did!
    Good luck, I hope BRP can fix your dash, must be very frustrating.