Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default New BRP Connect App

I just discovered a new app that is compatible with BRP Connect. It is called Sygic and is another navigation app. It looked promising as an alternative to Genius Maps, so I downloaded the app and maps, secretly hoping that this one would be free. It wasn't until I did all of that did I discover (like Genius Maps) that it isn't free. They want $74.95 for the version that interacts with BRP Connect. The nav program itself looks like a good one with lots of features. I'm just not sure at this point if I want to throw more money at an app that might not be any better than the one I have already paid for. There is an 8 day trial period, so if the weather breaks here in Nebraska, I'll give it a try. If anyone does buy this, I will be interested to read about well it works and how it compares to Genius Maps.

Spyder Garage

Default Sygic

Good morning, I noticed the same. When I first saw it in BRP app I tried to download but it didn’t work. So I read some reviews and wasn’t happy w what I read. I’ve been having success w Genius, so I’m gonna wait to hear what u guys say before I install the new one. The only thing I don’t like about Genius is that constant “Speed Limit” warning. I forget to disable it sometimes, wish we could permanently delete that “warning”.
    Gonna follow this thread.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

You and me both on the Genius Maps "Speed Limit" warning. I even put a sticky note on the cell phone holder, and I still forget to disable that warning. Once you are under way, its too late to do anything about it.

Spyder Garage

Hi guys, I have had te speed limit come on??? I get all the turns and distance too however. What am I not doing???

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Tap on the speaker icon at the bottom of the map screen. Then, under audio alerts, you can disable those alerts individually. Unfortunately, it is not permanent. It will reset itself to re-enable if you leave the app and return.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP Connect

Guys, i tried the BRP connect on my new 2018 F3 Limited and I did not like it! I solved my problem by buying me a Garmin GPS and hooking it up on my handlebars! This leaves my cell phone free to do with as I please! This system works great for me, hope you the best in trying to use this monster that BRP as created!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amkrat View Post
    I just discovered a new app that is compatible with BRP Connect. It is called Sygic and is another navigation app. It looked promising as an alternative to Genius Maps, so I downloaded the app and maps, secretly hoping that this one would be free. It wasn't until I did all of that did I discover (like Genius Maps) that it isn't free. They want $74.95 for the version that interacts with BRP Connect. The nav program itself looks like a good one with lots of features. I'm just not sure at this point if I want to throw more money at an app that might not be any better than the one I have already paid for. There is an 8 day trial period, so if the weather breaks here in Nebraska, I'll give it a try. If anyone does buy this, I will be interested to read about well it works and how it compares to Genius Maps.
    Hey amkrat, do you belong to NSIR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders)??? we are "nicer"!!
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by amkrat View Post
    You and me both on the Genius Maps "Speed Limit" warning. I even put a sticky note on the cell phone holder, and I still forget to disable that warning. Once you are under way, its too late to do anything about it.
    How long have you had your Spyder and where did you get it??? Just wondering as it is identical to mine.
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    Hey amkrat, do you belong to NSIR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders)??? we are "nicer"!!
    BIG F
    I do belong to NSIR. I haven't had a chance to join in on any gatherings yet. Seems like always something else going on. Hope to join in soon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    How long have you had your Spyder and where did you get it??? Just wondering as it is identical to mine.
    BIG F

Bought the Spyder the first part of July from Edwards in Council Bluffs. We have nearly 8,000 miles on it already. Its been a good riding summer.

Spyder Garage

I don’t mind the app system. Have no need for Bluetooth headset right now, so it’s all just visual. Plus I don’t plan on traveling too far, mostly plan on exploring my great state. Too many places to see in my own back yard, so a compass will do me just fine.

I do plan on re-routing my iPhone connect cable up to the dash area. Silliest thing I’ve ever seen having the phone locked away in a trunk. I guess BRP had their reasons?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've downloaded the new app and you get 8 days to preview then pay a fee. Not bad unless you want the connectivity to the bike which is $75. MUCH easier to use, Much easier to modify routes, choose setting that stick and I'll be able to try it out this week. Might buy it if it really works.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I've downloaded the new app and you get 8 days to preview then pay a fee. Not bad unless you want the connectivity to the bike which is $75. MUCH easier to use, Much easier to modify routes, choose setting that stick and I'll be able to try it out this week. Might buy it if it really works.
    Rain and cold here for the next week, so my free 8 days are going to be gone before I have a chance to try it out. Let us know how you like it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

OK First off the 8 day free version has some quirks. I couldn't stop the route although now that I have the premium I can go into the Menu then Route and stop or change it. I think I could've but didn't see how while riding.

The first time it voiced directions I giggled because its a computer talking and not very good. Sounds like it has it's foot in its mouth! You don't download the whole country, you have to download each state and if you want Canada then pay $4 more for the whole world as it's not part of the North America.

Its very easy to create a route, add stops and easy to save. No choices in voices neither in the free version or premium. (at least I can't find any). The main screen does show trip details and lane positioning. It doesn't keep telling you you're going too fast, just reminds you something about the speed. It does keep telling you when to turn but not very understandable. I made a video and some images.

Menu while using the joystick. Showing some menu choices and how to cancel the route. I will disable the sounds so I don't have to listen to the blaring unintelligible directions. Haven't figured out how to lower the volume. The joystick doesn't do anything when it talks. Gonna have to play with it. Yes, I did got the Premium version.

71FA40EB-CE8A-42D6-BC6D-39A4FA689E60.jpg fullsizeoutput_d01.jpg fullsizeoutput_cfd.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 10-10-2018 at 12:07 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Been playing with it off the bike. Found out if I use the phone's volume it will lower the sound. (will have to try it while connected to the bike). What it is saying is "speed equals 25 after 700 feet turn left onto whatever avenue then turn left" Depending on what the directions are and what street names you're on and the speed limit. Problem it only says "speed equals 25" even when I'm on the freeway. No matter what speed I should be doing it says "speed equals 25" Weird.
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 10-10-2018 at 12:02 AM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Went to the Sygic Facebook page and messaged them about the voice and learned that if you go to settings-Regional and choose different voices or languages.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

OK First off the 8 day free version has some quirks. I couldn't stop the route although now that I have the premium I can go into the Menu then Route and stop or change it. I think I could've but didn't see how while riding.

The first time it voiced directions I giggled because its a computer talking and not very good. Sounds like it has it's foot in its mouth! You don't download the whole country, you have to download each state and if you want Canada then pay $4 more for the whole world as it's not part of the North America.

Its very easy to create a route, add stops and easy to save. No choices in voices neither in the free version or premium. (at least I can't find any). The main screen does show trip details and lane positioning. It doesn't keep telling you you're going too fast, just reminds you something about the speed. It does keep telling you when to turn but not very understandable. I made a video and some images.

Menu while using the joystick. Showing some menu choices and how to cancel the route. I will disable the sounds so I don't have to listen to the blaring unintelligible directions. Haven't figured out how to lower the volume. The joystick doesn't do anything when it talks. Gonna have to play with it. Yes, I did got the Premium version.

71FA40EB-CE8A-42D6-BC6D-39A4FA689E60.jpg fullsizeoutput_d01.jpg fullsizeoutput_cfd.jpg
    The "equals 25" is almost as annoying as the "Slowdown" in Genius Maps. Hopefully that is a glitch that they fix.

Spyder Garage

Went to the Sygic Facebook page and messaged them about the voice and learned that if you go to settings-Regional and choose different voices or languages.
    The only voice change that I could find there was to choose between American and British English. I tried both and can't tell any difference.

Spyder Garage

Default New BRP Connect App

I gave up long ago on that stupid Genius Map. First of all it is so small, I can hardly make out the street or/and directional arrows. As far as the sound/instructions, it comes and go, loose the sound every 15 seconds. In fact, I completely gave up on BRP Connect and use it only for FOBO. That is the only it's good for, at least on my part. If I want music, good old Bluetooth with my phone mounted on the dash. For navigation, I use my 7" Magellan with sun shade mounted on handlebar and plug to the audio port. Sound come through the speaker. BRP screwed up big time with their BRP Connect. I had no choice. It came with the bike.Magellan GPS.jpg
    2018 RT Limited "Blondie"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This New Sygic GPS is easier to use and create routes. I've changed the voice so it should sound better. I like that its on the dash which is higher than the phone that is mounted to the center handlebars. I can glance at it easier than having to look down at the phone. My headset is paired to the phone for SiriusXM and Waze. I have another phone paired to the dash with FOBO, GPS, Rever and Weather. If/when SiriusXM is available on the dash I will change to pairing to the dash again.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Very interesting read about Sygic. Wonder why many top auto makers didn't go with Garmin or TomTom?

http://www.sygic.com/blog/2018/car-navigation-history
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default Sygic app

Used this app with the free trail and it work good. I have been using genius maps but think I would prefer Sygic. Does anyone know if I would have to buy the vehicle connection app or would the one used for genius maps work with Sygic?

Spyder Garage

Exclamation BRP DISCONNECTED!!

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Guys, i tried the BRP connect on my new 2018 F3 Limited and I did not like it! I solved my problem by buying me a Garmin GPS and hooking it up on my handlebars! This leaves my cell phone free to do with as I please! This system works great for me, hope you the best in trying to use this monster that BRP as created!!
    I am so upset with this whole BRP Connect debacle. It is a J O K E ! I've contacted BRP, sent emails asking questions, stopped at four "dealers" on my way to Sturgis and I had a dealer from Matthews N.C. tell me at SpyderFest, "We can help you with that" so I went 200 miles out of my way, spent $250.00 for an oil change and IT. DOES. NOT. WORK! Guess I'll be getting a Garmin also!

BRP, ARE YOU LISTENING??

Spyder Garage

Default No revenue income with Garmin or Tom Tom

Very interesting read about Sygic. Wonder why many top auto makers didn't go with Garmin or TomTom?

http://www.sygic.com/blog/2018/car-navigation-history
    It's all about the greenback$$$$

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gregsi View Post
    Used this app with the free trail and it work good. I have been using genius maps but think I would prefer Sygic. Does anyone know if I would have to buy the vehicle connection app or would the one used for genius maps work with Sygic?
    Unfortunately you will have to pay the connect fees to use Sygic in the dash. It’s way easier to use and looks to be the better choice. Some of us that were fortunate to get the BRP cash card might not be bothered too much. I paid the fees and use it but I mute it as the voiced directions that come through the speakers is louder than I like and I can’t adjust the volume. I don’t have my headset paired to the bike but to a working phone mounted to the center of the handlebars. I get SiriusXM, Waze and Garmin. I use an older phone mounted to the top of the dash and it’s paired to the bike so I get Sygic, Accuweather, FOBOBIKE, REVER and Genius Maps if I want. I can get WiFi from the working phone’s hot spot if needed.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red