Spyder Garage

Default Trip and s/w updates

A riding pal and I just finished a 1001 mile trip from home up into Arkansas, Oklahoma
    and back into the Fort Worth area. It was a good ride on the back roads and about 3 weeks
    to early for the leaves to be falling. Beautiful country and lot of nice creeks. One thing that
    came out of this is I do need a s/w power update of some kind for my 2017 F3L. Is there a
    plug and play unit that would work or do I need to remove my controller and send it off to
    get updates done? Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

Dray

Spyder Garage

What's s/w?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Software? If so, I’m not understanding what software you need updated? No updates needed for my 17 F3T
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Do you mean you want an ECU Flash or Upgrade to improve the engine performance via a 'chip' upgrade? If that's what you do mean, then the 'send them away' upgrades tend to be much better value & 'longer lasting' than the 'plug them in' upgrades.... There are some 'plug & play' fuel & power commanders available out there, but they really only allow you to address part of the necessary upgrades, and as far as I know, there aren't any 'piggyback' ECU upgrade units available for Spyders beyond those just yet.

However, there are places in Canada & I believe now there's at least one in the US that do ECU Upgrades, if they can have your Spyder's ECU for at least 24 hours; but I had my 2013 RT done by 'ECU Xtreme' (rotaxracing@gmail.com) who's been doing this stuff for SeaDoo, CanAm, & Rotax Racing et al on Competition machines & for Dealers/BRP for many years now, & who just happens to be located in Aust atm Depending upon exactly what you want, it might cost you a little more, but turn around time is generally not much more than a week or so & you really do get what you pay for when dealing with this stuff!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-06-2018 at 06:55 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!