Spyder Garage

Default Replace front trim for chrome wing trim.

I purchased a 2018 RTL dark model Spyder. I have been replacing the dark grey accents with chrome trim and the only one left to do is the very front piece that is called the "wing trim". I cannot find any instructions as to how to separate the upper front panel and the lower front panel in order to remove the old trim with the chrome trim. The only thing that I have seen is the removal of the complete front end, but nothing about the disassembly of either side.

Some have commented that they had much difficulty in trying to change out the fog lamp for leds and found it very difficult to get at the left side lamp. Blueknight911 commented that removing the entire front end aided in being able to change the lights. If you look at the expanded view in the parts list it is part 160 listed under the storage area.

Does anyone have any insight in the removal of the trim. Thanks... Rich
    2018 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    2004 GOLDWING
    2012 Suzuki Burgman
    2001 Honda Silverwing
    1999 Honda Helix
    1976 Goldwing
    1982 Honda Silverwing
    1972 Honda 500 four

Spyder Garage

I don't know how to help you, but I DO have some unsolicited advice..........

Many of us LIKE the darked out look. There was even a thread as to how to black out the unnecessary chrome parts in the headlights.

You seem to be going in the opposite direction.

You may be able to sell the bits that your taking off and recover some of your costs.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default CHROME

And some of us like a lot of CHROME on their Spyders, Rvanbeek It Is your bike, do what pleases you..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Spyder Garage

Default Update

After checking every source that I could think of, I went to the dealer service department and talked about changing out the trim. The lead Spyder tech said that the front would have to come off but thought it would only take a couple of hours do the work. So I made the appointment to change out the trim. Well 4 and 1/2 hours later and a couple of people on the job and it was done. They really were fair with me on the labor cost so everything is good. Would recommend Extreme Power Sports in Gaylord Michigan and Lead mechanic Jason for the great work.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    2004 GOLDWING
    2012 Suzuki Burgman
    2001 Honda Silverwing
    1999 Honda Helix
    1976 Goldwing
    1982 Honda Silverwing
    1972 Honda 500 four