Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Maggie Valley???

Anyone going to Maggy Valley next week for the event?

I'll be there with Wacky Dan tearing up some twisties….

Maggie Valley was the original event where many of us met for the first time back in 2009 or 2010 along with the BBQ's at Lamont's place. Did that for a few years and then it changed and went downhill. Then SpyderFest was started with just 100 of us the first year. Now that's a huge event.

Been back to Maggy Valley the last few years and the event is pretty decent. Good vendors, etc. to see there and spend $$$ and you can't beat the riding.

So... who's going???

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nope.

Spyder Garage

My wife and I will be there Monday thru Sunday. Here is a thread with others that are going.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...dventures-2018
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I will be there Wednesday through Sunday. So looking forward to it. The wife will be with me this year, so I will be keeping the miles down to between 150-200 a day.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Default friday

us too for Friday, will be around all day. staying in little switzerland for 2 nights
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Wife and I will be there.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please don't forget to take some pictures for the rest of us...

Have fun, and ryde safe!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Please don't forget to take some pictures for the rest of us...

Have fun, and ryde safe!
    I’ll have some to post. I might even do some video.
    2016 F3T SM6 - Wife's Bike - Blank Canvas
    2017 Kawasaki Concours 14
    2016 Victory Magnum - Mods in progress
    2013 Suzuki M109R - Has a few mods

Spyder Garage

A bunch of Spyderquest committee members will be there too.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Yes we will be there from Thursday to Sunday with my sister from another mother and my good friend Ken. See y'all there.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

We will be going down on this Sunday and riding several days before the rally.
    Stop in and see us at the Rally, will have the trailer set up in our normal spot just inside the gate.
    We will be at the Clarkton Motel east of the festival grounds and opposite side of the road starting Sunday night, stop in and see us. Teresa will be setting up the trailer in the evenings before we pull it down the to the festival grounds on Wednesday morning.
    Rick

Spyder Garage

I'll be there Wednesday-Sunday
    Chris

Spyder Garage

Default Maggie Valley

I will come in on Wednesday and leaving Sunday. Going to do a ride on Friday across the Cherohala Hwy and back, if anyone is interested
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayD View Post
    I will come in on Wednesday and leaving Sunday. Going to do a ride on Friday across the Cherohala Hwy and back, if anyone is interested
    I might join you. We will be there Wednesday through Sunday. I hope the weather cooperates.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I might join you. We will be there Wednesday through Sunday. I hope the weather cooperates.
    Will be leaving fairgrounds about 9:00 am. Anyone welcome.
    2014 Spyder RTS

Tri Axis Handlebars
    Big Bike Trailer Harness
    Rivco Front Bumper (Black)
    Rivco Highway Pegs
    Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS
    Trailer Hitch
    Aluma XL Trailer
    Stainless Grill Covers
    Cupholder
    Spring Stiffeners
    Rivco Floorboards

Spyder Garage

Default yup

We'll be there, this is a good rally, close to home in the middle of fantastic riding.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Anyone going to Maggy Valley next week for the event?

I'll be there with Wacky Dan tearing up some twisties….

Maggie Valley was the original event where many of us met for the first time back in 2009 or 2010 along with the BBQ's at Lamont's place. Did that for a few years and then it changed and went downhill. Then SpyderFest was started with just 100 of us the first year. Now that's a huge event.

Been back to Maggy Valley the last few years and the event is pretty decent. Good vendors, etc. to see there and spend $$$ and you can't beat the riding.

So... who's going???
    Hay Dan, didn't always agree with you back in the early days, but it was always fun and we went through a lot. One other thing, it wasn't Maggie Valley, it was Gatlinburg where it all started and in 2009. Anyway, a couple of close friends told me you were an ok guy, (Lou and Kim) most would not know them, but you will. So stop down there at Netzley Tire, in the vendor section) my son's shop and I will shake your hand. Safe travels.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Default ALERT!!!

Keep watch on the weather, our local weatherman says IF tropical depression DOES form in Gulf of Mexico, its riding right up thru Carolina's around Thursday. So just keep watch on weather, may have to bring plenty of rain gear
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Planning to trailer down on Thursday

Spyder Garage

I hope the weather clears out quick.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Hay Dan, didn't always agree with you back in the early days, but it was always fun and we went through a lot. One other thing, it wasn't Maggie Valley, it was Gatlinburg where it all started and in 2009. Anyway, a couple of close friends told me you were an ok guy, (Lou and Kim) most would not know them, but you will. So stop down there at Netzley Tire, in the vendor section) my son's shop and I will shake your hand. Safe travels.
    You're correct... I guess I kind of generalize the whole 'Smokies' area.. but yes.. those first events were on the Gatlinburg side. I much prefer the Maggie Valley side... less tourist crap..
    Besides.. they tore down 'Smokies bar' and made it into a parking lot!

I've often wondered how Lou and Kim are doing. We sure had our go-arounds.. the barrier that is the internet often brings out the worst in us. But I knew when there was a time of need for one of my HD buds that they would assist if they were able... and boy did they. We were within 10 miles of where they lived and I put a shout out and they showed up and provided great help. Such a odd thing for Lou and I to end up working on some HD problems together.... lol.

Good memories.

I'll swing by and say hey.....

Spyder Garage

Default Maggie Valley Rally

My wife and i will be going in on Wednesday and staying until Sunday. Please remember to check with Regina on the help she is requesting to help put the Rally on! Hope to see you all there, and hoping for beautiful weather!

Spyder Garage

Default MAGGIE VALLEY - RIVER POINT LODGE

As they say. Lessons learned are always expensive and you need to always read everything. I made the mistake of making room reservations at this hotel for the Maggie Valley event and due to the possible Tropical Storm Michael dropping lots of rain on the event I decided to cancel early. This particular hotel has a policy that once a reservation is made and you cancel anytime before 72 hours out you still have to pay for one days lodging. If you go under the 72 hours you are responsible for paying for ALL DAYS booked. So the lesson learned is to try to book early with the host hotel for the event and stick with major hotel chains who RARELY have this kind of penalty when you are cancelling more than 3 days out. Sure is a bummer about the storm coming. I was looking forward to this event.

Yes I have rain gear but didn't want to be riding into parts of a tropical storm that can possibly spawn tornadoes. I'll just have to plan early for next years event.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vienna7475 View Post
    As they say. Lessons learned are always expensive and you need to always read everything. I made the mistake of making room reservations at this hotel for the Maggie Valley event and due to the possible Tropical Storm Michael dropping lots of rain on the event I decided to cancel early. This particular hotel has a policy that once a reservation is made and you cancel anytime before 72 hours out you still have to pay for one days lodging. If you go under the 72 hours you are responsible for paying for ALL DAYS booked. So the lesson learned is to try to book early with the host hotel for the event and stick with major hotel chains who RARELY have this kind of penalty when you are cancelling more than 3 days out. Sure is a bummer about the storm coming. I was looking forward to this event.

Yes I have rain gear but didn't want to be riding into parts of a tropical storm that can possibly spawn tornadoes. I'll just have to plan early for next years event.
    Sorry about your room troubles.

Maggie Valley is very far from the coast...sure, the storm can bring some rain that way... but tornados in the mountains? Not likely...

Most rain I've seen up there doesn't last the whole day, nor does it cover the whole mountain.. it gets broken up and changes.

One year we really did get hammered though... I think it was 2010.

Right now it looks like Wed-Thurs are the rainy days.

Friday, Sat, Sun look good !

Rain days can be great days to ride the dragon.... Spyder's will be the fastest bikes riding that day.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Sorry about your room troubles.

Maggie Valley is very far from the coast...sure, the storm can bring some rain that way... but tornados in the mountains? Not likely...

Most rain I've seen up there doesn't last the whole day, nor does it cover the whole mountain.. it gets broken up and changes.

One year we really did get hammered though... I think it was 2010.

Right now it looks like Wed-Thurs are the rainy days.

Friday, Sat, Sun look good !

Rain days can be great days to ride the dragon.... Spyder's will be the fastest bikes riding that day.....
    We are heading out on Wednesday morning and hoping to outrun the rain getting there. If the storm travels further east (as I hope it does), I will travel west on my riding Thursday. After that, things should be good.