Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Minnesota Spyder Riders?

Anyone know of a rider group in Minnesota/Metro area?
    If not ... Interested in just meeting for no good reason?

Peter (CanMan)

Spyder Garage

welcome Do you have a ?

Spyder Garage

No 'official' group that I know of. Get together? Is food involved? PM for faster response . . .
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

SE5 . . Red . . 30 dyas into it and I am at 2500 miles . . . love the thing!

Sorry for selayed responce . . .

Food
    Meet-up
    Any time after work or week ends

I will watch this message board more often.

Peter
    It's The Spyder Life For Me . . .

Spyder Garage

welcome CanMan
    I think I remember another rider from Maple Grove.... mgryder...
    and and Setho from Bamidji, and ....LaughingHeart...and SpyderDeb ....but not sure which city.

Hope you'll stick around here.......this is a great place to hang out

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

some other dude in a wheelchair in park rapids did my floorboards, there is another guy in bemidji(dirt town) with a yellow sm5 but have not met him, funny in a town of 12k people and the only two in the area but he doesn't drive as much as me
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Default Riders in SW Minnesota

Dont forget us down here in the corn belt.Spyders at Balaton, magnolia, worthington and of course me Charlie brown in Fulda. I have a yellow Spyder with pinstripping and sharks teeth. When ever or when... stop ion Fulda and well go ride...Then come back to Brians Supper club for some outstanding goodies.

Spyder Garage

Default Interested In a Spyder

I have been thinging about getting a spyder. I have never rode on three wheels, always two. How does the Spyder handle in curves, twisties hairpins and switch backs? Does it handle like a two wheeler, better or worse? How is it on speed and power. Acording to what I've read top speed is only 100. I currently have a 1700cc RoadStar. It's quit often cruse at 85. I'm a big guy, How would it handle me and my wife. I read that it only gets 30 to 35 miles per gallon? I am really interested in getting one but i'd like to ride one first.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MadDogMN View Post
    How is it on speed and power. Acording to what I've read top speed is only 100.

Don't tell SethO that. He has some videos to show you.

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

I have been thinging about getting a spyder. I have never rode on three wheels, always two. How does the Spyder handle in curves, twisties hairpins and switch backs? Does it handle like a two wheeler, better or worse?
    The Spyder handles the twisties rather well once you get used to it. It is a more active ride... you alone are doing the leaning/butt shifting. Continuous switchbacks can be draining on you... more effort is required to manipulate the Spyder.

It handles like an off-road quad or snow machine... not like a two-wheeler at all. Forget counter-steering. You'll have to "unlearn" that. And, forget the front brake lever... the braking system is integrated and incorporates ABS.

From a safety view, the Spyder's ABS, traction and handling controls all contribute to a safer ride, IMHO.

How is it on speed and power. Acording to what I've read top speed is only 100. I currently have a 1700cc RoadStar. It's quit often cruse at 85. I'm a big guy, How would it handle me and my wife. I read that it only gets 30 to 35 miles per gallon? I am really interested in getting one but i'd like to ride one first.
    Top speed approaches 130 mph indicated. I also have a Valk and the SPyder is pretty comparable... albeit a tad slower... from a performance perspective. The Spyder will cruise at 85 mph all day if that's what you want. The stock Valk is a low-to-mid 12 second 1/4 mile bike... the stock Spyder is a mid-13 second bike. A few mods (exhaust, air box and fuel management), and a way to really "hook up" with the rear tire (easy to spin), would bring them much closer together.

I can't help on the "big guy" thing. I'm just a 5'10" shrimp and shrinking.

MPG is indeed in the 30-35 mpg range... for me. Some have gotten more... some less. That spread depends on your right hand. I have gotten as much as 39-40 mpg with a tailwind and as little as 25 mpg with abuse of the right hand.

All Spyder dealers have demos to try out. It's a BRP requirement. Walk in... show your license... and probably safety gear... and ride away for a while.

Again, the Spyder takes a while to get used to. For me, it was a couple of weeks. Don't depend solely on the demo ride for a decision... it only gets better after that.

Three wheels eliminate the possibility of the dumb stuff... like parking lot maneuver accidents, and slipping on gravel and oil slicks. However, your biggest danger... as on a two-wheeler... generally comes from other folks on the road.

And... as a bonus, you don't need a smushed beer can to put under your kickstand on soft parking surfaces.

You'll probably want a different windshield and seat so... plan and budget for that. The Spyder is no different than the two-wheelers... they're always a compromise to fit the majority of riders. I've never fit that category, regardless of manufacturer.

Also, I suggest that you get the extended BEST warranty. There are a lot of little expensive sensors and processors on the Roadster. Negotiate the warranty in as you're buying. It becomes more expensive after 60 days.

Good luck!
    Last edited by ataDude; 07-20-2009 at 07:10 PM.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the info

Spyder Garage

Default Dealer

I live north of the twin cities near Elk River. Where would I find a CanAm Spyder dealer? Should you pay MSRP or less?

Spyder Garage

I live north of the twin cities near Elk River. Where would I find a CanAm Spyder dealer? Should you pay MSRP or less?
    welcome MadDogMN
    On the home page of this site, right side, bottom, you'll find the "Spyder Web" which shows "Spyder Dealers List".
    You have several dealers close to you. Pro Power Sports in Ramsey, and Tousley Motorsports in White Bear. Shop around at the different dealers, for price and dealers with good service !!!
    Take one for a test ride. Good Luck

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder

Well I bought a Spyder yesterday. 2009 SE5. Black and Silver. I pick it up tonight. I got the passanger backrest/luggage rack and the fog lights. Got the 5 year FULL warranty.

Any suggestions or recommendations? Anything else I should be thinking about getting for it?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

welcome

Spyder Garage

Well I bought a Spyder yesterday. 2009 SE5. Black and Silver. I pick it up tonight. I got the passanger backrest/luggage rack and the fog lights. Got the 5 year FULL warranty.

Any suggestions or recommendations? Anything else I should be thinking about getting for it?
    You got the right color too I see.
    You'll love your new ride !!!

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Spyder Garage

Default Risers

I want to put risers on my spyder. Does any one in the Twin Cities area or within a reasonable distance have risers on there Spyder. I'd like to see, feel them before I get a set. I'm thinking 4".

Spyder Garage

the best I did was 13.54 at 101 in the quarter mile and I have all the upgrades you can get minus the gas line I have not put in yet. I have a leo vaince pipe coming this wednesday and am got to race quarters wednesday in brainerd. I think studabakerbob has risers on this he lives in st paul. Not sure if he left today for stugis or not.

there is NO speed limiter in the spyder except for the lack of power, there is 6mph of error on mine so I hit 130 on the speedo without the wheelchair on it with a tailwind so I was doing 124ish. If you want better gas mileage get the two bros juice box ( do not get their exhaust see my rant about theirs and the yosh exhaust), I got over 43 mpg with it and could have gotten better but I have gotten as bad as 16mph running wide open for the whole tank of gas. If you like to tour and don't give a rip about the two wheels aspect welcome to the best touring vehicle ever. got over 13k on the bike this year
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder riders Minnesota

Totally new Spyder owner here. Just got my new used SE5 black and silver. I am soo new that I have not had a chance to take "Beast" out yet. The weather has not been cooperating. Can't wait for some sun and watch out, here I come.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to have another MN Spyder. I think there are more out there than we all think. Butch and I are located in North Branch, about 40 mile north of the TwinCities. We do have to get as many of us together this summer, especially to exchange our up north driving experiences. I remember my first solo ride, it was great and just keeps getting better and better. The best advice Butch gave me, relax!!!!, don't fight the steering! Keep us posted on how you are doing, when you get out there.
    --Paula (Butcha2025's wife)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Spyder Owner Since June '08 & April '12

Spyder Garage

I just bought my Spyder RT ( two weeks ago ) from Ray's Sport & Cycle in Grand Rapids, he has a demo or two for any one to try thats on the fence. I live in Cloquet and would be interested in a Wi. day ride or up to Ely.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So nice to see other Spyder ownwers from Minnesota. We live in Sauk Rapids and I am just learning to drive it.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

We are in North Branch, so if you ever come this way and want to ride, let me know on this thread and I'll swipe my husband's Spyder and hit the rode with you. --Paula

Spyder Garage

Live just west of Annandale, 50 miles NW of the twin cities. It would be great to meet others in the area for a ride.

Memorial Member
    Spyder Garage

Our dealer, Caswell Cycle, and I are putting together a gathering at his dealership towards the end of July. As we firm up details I'll keep all us MN Spyders posted. It would be fun to get together and finally meet you all.
    --Paula