Spyder Garage

Default a GREAT story...

20181002_172743.jpg

All too often we hear stories of troubles with bikes, troubles with dealer service or troubles dealing with bike companies. This is not that post. I want to tell about a GREAT experience.

On Sept 7th I had that day all bikers fear. No, not the accident thank goodness, the day the bike under them truly fails. I lost power driving my 2015 Spyder F3 down US290 returning home from an amazing 6200 mile bike trip, just 40 miles from home. By the time I could pull to the shoulder, there was a cacophony of mechanical clanks and thuds coming from the engine. The kind we all know spells the end of an engine. That was the bad news. Amazingly enough, everything, and I do mean everything dealing with this issue went right from that point on.

I called BRP Can-Am On-Road roadside service. They were helpful, concerned and got me a bike transport taking my bike to my dealer of choice. They called back several times while we waited and afterward to make sure we were ok. Bike was delivered to Team Mancuso Powersports North in as good a condition as possible.

The next morning I spoke with Kevin Craig, service manager at Team Mancuso. He was very accomodating and concerned. Over the next few days they got my bike in the shop and tore into it to determine what went wrong. Opened a case with BRP under my BEST warranty coverage. BRP asked for some additional tear down to verify what went wrong. Was determined that needle wearings on the oil pump drive shaft and gear had failed. Bike lost oil pressure and failure progressed.

BRP warranty approved the repair but there was no 2015 engine assemblies available. Kevin spent some time researching through BRP Parts and following superseded part numbers, then verifying what he found with BRP service. It was determined that a 2019 engine assembly that was available in parts warehouse would indeed work. BRP authorized purchase of the new 2019 engine and it was shipped to the dealer.

Yesterday I got a call from Team Mancuso that my bike was ready for pickup. I went there to do so, I have to say with some trepidation as to what I was going to find. The bike had been fully detailed and was looking brand new, top to bottom. Kevin spent time with me explaining how the repair process went.

Throughout this process Kevin kept me informed as to what was going on, invited me in to see specifics of what failed, up to date every step of the way. He truly understood my concern for the warranty process, concern for having a bike I could actually travel on with confidence. He was also instrumental in keeping BRP informed with correct information so the warranty claim could be reviewed and approved in a timely manner. His complete professionalism throughout this ordeal made a very bad situation far better.

I would also like to thank Steve, the ace BRP tech that actually did the wrench turning on my bike. Thanks for your attention to detail, and a job obviously well done.
    20181002_172743.jpg

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good to hear.

Spyder Garage

I'm Happy for you!!! When the dealer Stands in your corner it can be All the difference in the world!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

This is great news.
    Nice to read a story with a positive outcome.
    Very nice indeed.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

That's a great story! So glad it worked out for you!
    I have to be honest, WAY too few people tell a tale like this. I spent 26 years as a master Chevrolet technician and now have moved on to the role of automotive instructor. In those 26 years I could count on 1 hand the amount of people who related the experience you just did. As a technician I "made it happen" countless times but never really heard from the customer. As humans we are all too ready to complain (it's just human nature) but we very seldom give the accolades to the people who deserve it for a job well done.
    So happy you had a great experience and so happy you gave a shout out to all the people who helped you get it resolved. I guarantee you made their day!!!
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Awesome.. great to hear of BRP taking care of someone like this.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's good news: to hear some good news!

...And it's also a welcome change.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It is GOOD to hear some GOOD news.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It is GOOD to hear some GOOD news.
    Well live in such a negative world. People are more likely to complain than to praise for a job well done. Thanks for posting such a positive story.

Rick

Spyder Garage

Glad folks enjoyed reading the post. I have been pretty critical of BRP on a number of items over the years but sometimes they really do try and get it right. I thought it only fair to post the good side too.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I like this story, and wish more would post there positive outcomes!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I like this story, and wish more would post there positive outcomes!
    It's been my experience, and I've been on both ends, that businesses work harder to please their customers when they have a positive reputation to maintain.

Rick

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the uplifting story, it doesn't get much better than that.
    Team Mancuso sounds like a competent and caring dealership.