Spyder Garage

Default Audio system in RTL 2018 Sucks! How can I make it better?

I'm really upset that I put more money into BRP Connect and the 2018 model. The system is buggy, the navigation window is much smaller than on the Garmin GPS that came with the 2017 and below, and the sound is horrible. I can't hear any of the song lyrics when I'm over 45mph and can't hear anything on the freeway.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with improving the sound system on a 2018 model? Do I need an amp? Will better speakers do the trick? If so, any recommended models or speaker size I should aim for?

Thank you!

SPYDERGAL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CA-SPYDR View Post
    I'm really upset that I put more money into BRP Connect and the 2018 model. The system is buggy, the navigation window is much smaller than on the Garmin GPS that came with the 2017 and below, and the sound is horrible. I can't hear any of the song lyrics when I'm over 45mph and can't hear anything on the freeway.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with improving the sound system on a 2018 model? Do I need an amp? Will better speakers do the trick? If so, any recommended models or speaker size I should aim for?

Thank you!
    Most folks listen through their helmet communicators (Bluetooth) for this.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Most folks listen through their helmet communicators (Bluetooth) for this.
    I know, but I want to be connected to my husband on the comm and listen to music, and you can’t do both on the comm system...

SPYDERGAL

Spyder Garage

Though mine is a 2013 and the speaker sizes might be different, I've upgraded to a set of Kicker Powersports speakers, made for outdoor use. The Sound is much improved.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

Default 2018 speakers..

There is a setting for the 18's for speed volume, so depending on where you have it set, as you go faster the sound will increase..

Rick..
    2018 RT-LTD , BLUE

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just as you can be enjoying music and answer a phone call with bluetooth headset, so can you communicate with other riders as well as listen to music. I use my phone to enjoy SirriusXM as well as Garmin or TomTom and the few times I have been paired to another rider I could hear them. What brand headsets are you using?
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

I know, but I want to be connected to my husband on the comm and listen to music, and you can’t do both on the comm system...
    Yes, you can. You just need a bluetooth headset that does audio multitasking. SENA 20S is a good example.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Unhappy 2018 RT Limited 10 year anniversary

Thank you!

my 2018 GPS and radio is the worst system on the market .after 6 months BRP hasn't been able to make it work and no help as I've called help line a least 10 times . My buddy's Harley has a working GPS and good radio . WHAT GIVES BRP

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ivan View Post
    my 2018 GPS and radio is the worst system on the market .after 6 months BRP hasn't been able to make it work and no help as I've called help line a least 10 times . My buddy's Harley has a working GPS and good radio . WHAT GIVES BRP
    There are Youtube videos that many of us have made to help learn how to work the joystick and use BRP Connect, Genius Maps, FOBO and Rever. It seems the iPhone is easier to configure but there are Android users that have become quite the expert at knowing how to use with the bike.

Do a Google search and follow spyderlovers links as the search on spyderlovers doesn't work real well.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red