Spyder Garage

Default Installed My Lamonster Windshield Today

I received and installed the windshield that I ordered from Lamonster Garage today. I ordered the 19” light gray tint. I didn’t want the darker tint as I live in the Pacific Northwest and some of the rural roads can be a bit dark. Per the instructions, I left the plastic on when I installed it for a test run. It’s a rainy and windy day so it was a perfect day to check it out. At speeds up to 50 mph, the buffeting was reduced demonstrably and the bike seemed to hold the road better too. I returned from my test run, stripped the plastic off and installed it permanently.

i’m 6’2” tall and this windshield worked as expected. I could still see over the top, which I wanted to do, the buffeting was dramatically reduced nd it looks great too. I’d recommend it to anyone as an improvement over the stock windshield. Oh, btw, I also saved over $150 compared to the Madstad and F4 windshields when you take into account the price, no tax and free shipping. Quite the deal.

2017 F3 Limited
    Position 5 brake rod and foot pads
    Garmin Zumo 396 GPS
    Lamonster bottle holder
    ShowChrome spiral antenna
    Lamonster 19” Freedom Shield Windshield

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks .....

Congrats on the new windshied and review. nothing like an all weather test to see how it performs...How about a picture....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default I’d love to post some photos, but ...

I’d love to post some pics of the windshield, but every time I try they come out upside down or tweaked to the right, etc. This photo program pretty well sucks. Lol

2017 F3 Limited
    Garmin Zumo 396 GPS
    Lamonster bottle holder

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bballistick View Post
    I received and installed the windshield that I ordered from Lamonster Garage today. I ordered the 19” light gray tint. I didn’t want the darker tint as I live in the Pacific Northwest and some of the rural roads can be a bit dark. Per the instructions, I left the plastic on when I installed it for a test run. It’s a rainy and windy day so it was a perfect day to check it out. At speeds up to 50 mph, the buffeting was reduced demonstrably and the bike seemed to hold the road better too. I returned from my test run, stripped the plastic off and installed it permanently.

i’m 6’2” tall and this windshield worked as expected. I could still see over the top, which I wanted to do, the buffeting was dramatically reduced nd it looks great too. I’d recommend it to anyone as an improvement over the stock windshield. Oh, btw, I also saved over $150 compared to the Madstad and F4 windshields when you take into account the price, no tax and free shipping. Quite the deal.
    Thanks for the review. That is the news that I wanted to hear. I love the stock height shield and I have a taller one. But the tall one is a little too tall, so I have been considering the one by Lamont. Looks like that is another mod for my list. BTW, being 6'-2" also helps me know what to expect.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Looking to get this windshield for my wife's F3 limited and I wanted to know what the height was from the top of the tank to the top of the windshield. She is only 5'4 but she doesn't mind looking through the windshield but I would prefer that she doesn't and I am not sure what size she should get. She only gets the Spyder in the springtime but I want to pick up the windshield ahead of time and put it on as soon as she gets the bike.

Anyone know the other sizes and how high they are from the top of the tank to the top of the windshield?

My second option is to give them an email but I imagine they must be pretty busy with Lamont and Joan not there these days.
    Last edited by bscrive; 10-02-2018 at 06:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default I Think I Got the Photos Figured Out

I think I finally figured out how to work the photos on this site. Here’s a photo I took today of my F3 Ltd with the 19” Lamonster windshield. I took the bike out again today and the windshield is great!

6FCC6C0E-ED48-43AA-A6B4-7D330D82A9F3.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bballistick; 10-02-2018 at 09:20 PM.

2017 F3 Limited
    Garmin Zumo 396 GPS
    Lamonster bottle holder

Spyder Garage

Default Blacklightening

Have you considered cutting your shield down to where you want it? I cut one down on my Valkyrie its pretty easy. Decide where you want it put masking tape on both sides mark it and cut it wit a sabre saw.. works just fine then sand it smooth and you have the right height at much less cost. Cut in the tape. Lots of Valk riders did this to get the perfect height.