Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

After my catastrophic call with Natacha, I sent a message through BRP website.
    And I received an answer (copy/paste answer #26):..." We are sorry... your case is under review by a "senior agent" (??) blah, blah, stay in contact with your dealer... blah, blah"
    Basically: nothing is happening, too bad!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Better than House of Cards, Game of Thrones or any TV series... Can Am Spyder electricity vs BRP.
    The last decision from the dealer is now to change the engine harness... the more it changes the more it is the same: no clues and empirical decisions/diagnosis... at the same time trying to have BRP paying for it! My guess: another month before someone drop the fight and write off the Spyder. Could be me.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just quickly scanned through this thread …. did you ever send a note to bpr.care@brp.com? If not, I suggest you do so …. be professional, just state the facts, what has been done / results, and ask for their help in getting the issue resolved. This is what I had to do in order to get my 2016RT away from a dealer that damaged it every time they touched it (with the last being leaving a ground strap loose after replacing the compressor). This set off a cascade of events that trashed the entire entertainment system (including the CB) and it is STILL not resolved. However, my note to BRP Care resulted in escalation to someone that actually knows the Spyder quite well technically AND is willing to talk with me directly.

Worth a shot … you need a senior technical rep in the US to take this (IMO) …. Good luck …. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Cowgirl View Post
    I just quickly scanned through this thread ?. did you ever send a note to bpr.care@brp.com? If not, I suggest you do so ?. be professional, just state the facts, what has been done / results, and ask for their help in getting the issue resolved. This is what I had to do in order to get my 2016RT away from a dealer that damaged it every time they touched it (with the last being leaving a ground strap loose after replacing the compressor). This set off a cascade of events that trashed the entire entertainment system (including the CB) and it is STILL not resolved. However, my note to BRP Care resulted in escalation to someone that actually knows the Spyder quite well technically AND is willing to talk with me directly.

Worth a shot ? you need a senior technical rep in the US to take this (IMO) ?. Good luck ?. Ann
    Answer from BRP last Tuesday:

..."
    We are sorry to learn of the challenges you have experienced with your 2014 Spyder RT.

In response to your request, please note that your concerns are presently under review by a senior agent and that a final decision has not been made yet.

We would kindly invite you to stay in contact with your authorized BRP dealership since they are closely working with our technical department to find a solution for your unit.

Should you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact us by replying to this email or call us at 1.888.272.9222.

Once again, thank you for contacting BRP. "

I can see why there are no reasons from them to do anything: Spyder is out of warranty since Feb 18, even if it is a recurrent problem they do not have to do anything till I escalate the problem legally.

Love the dream part of BRP exchanging my Spyder for a new one... I have a nice bridge to sell in California if anyone' interested!!!

Spyder Garage

I do hope both BRP and the Dealer knows that their story is being shared with the Spyder Community around the world. If they are not aware, maybe knowing that this episode has been viewed more that 4,000 times might just get them going....? Good customer service and goodwill are something most companies value highly.
    Last edited by canamjhb; 11-15-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    I do hope both BRP and the Dealer knows that their story is being shared with the Spyder Community around the world.
    They do, unless things have changed. They monitor this forum, and I'm sure others, but don't participate.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I'm betting that BRP is smart enough to realize that the dealer is the one who screwed up everything in the first place and is stepping carefully...
    Pete... as I told you before again & again... this problem has been r?curent for more than a year....before it ever went to this dealer or that I knew of him. If you have an logical explanation to involve this dealer in a problem I had before even going there i?d love to hear it!!🤪🤪

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prmurat View Post
    Pete... as I told you before again & again... this problem has been r?curent for more than a year....before it ever went to this dealer or that I knew of him. If you have an logical explanation to involve this dealer in a problem I had before even going there i?d love to hear it!!����
    I thought the problem started after you had the rear air bag / shock replaced at this dealer. Sorry if I misunderstood.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

No prob Pete.. the real problem is the lack of complete follow up from the dealer ("we are talking with BRP") and BRP customers service (we are only customers service, ask your dealer"); nothing is happening either way and I am sure my Spyder has been pushed in a corner and is only collecting dust...I am at loss on what to do as now!!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did you ever hear what the results of the review were from the "senior agent"? If not, press BRPCare@brp.com for an answer on at least that point.

Best of luck …. Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

How about asking the Service Manager for a daily update on your bikes' status? If he is unwilling, I'd go to the store manager for a daily update. I don't think this is an unreasonable request. If they don't want to call you, I would call them and tell them you will stay on the line until they give you their status report. I would then keep a log and document every conversation and let them know you are doing so. Perhaps they may just dust off the bike and actually do something....

For the life of me, I can't understand how BRP can condone, defend, or otherwise continue a business relationship with any dealer that is so inept and detremental to their product reputation.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

After an every 2 days text messages (and they are open 7 days a werk), they have finally decided to change the engine harness... 2 weeks of discussion with BRP. Of course parts on order... i’ll say an other 2 weeks???
    My sidecars are so surprised of the use they are getting for the last 2 months!!

Very Active Member SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prmurat View Post
    Answer from BRP last Tuesday:

..."
    We are sorry to learn of the challenges you have experienced with your 2014 Spyder RT.

In response to your request, please note that your concerns are presently under review by a senior agent and that a final decision has not been made yet.

We would kindly invite you to stay in contact with your authorized BRP dealership since they are closely working with our technical department to find a solution for your unit.

Should you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to contact us by replying to this email or call us at 1.888.272.9222.

Once again, thank you for contacting BRP. "

I can see why there are no reasons from them to do anything: Spyder is out of warranty since Feb 18, even if it is a recurrent problem they do not have to do anything till I escalate the problem legally.

Love the dream part of BRP exchanging my Spyder for a new one... I have a nice bridge to sell in California if anyone' interested!!!
    where is the bridge located?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looks like the change of the engine harness did it: I was able to ride back from the dealer with no error code/limp mode!!! 2 months and it is finally in the garage!! Let’s hope!!F5256706-82D8-45C9-BED7-4E75C95F3D64.jpg

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update and hope this is done with so you can ride again!

Merry Christmas

F5256706-82D8-45C9-BED7-4E75C95F3D64.jpg
    Last edited by bluewoo; 12-15-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    He said he's on the wrong corner!
    And his wife is standing right next to him. Mine would be and giving me "The Evil Eye". Ya'll know of what I speak, right?
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black