Spyder Garage

Default Baker Built mirror wind deflectors

Looking to get the Baker Built wind deflectors. Where do you drill holes? Would it be on the black mirror part or the blue painted cover? Thoughts, do they work good for my passenger?
    Last edited by JP58; 09-29-2018 at 08:46 PM.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Default deflectors

What bike are you wanting to put these on? The F3T or the F3S? The F3T you drill only through the mirror housing cover and on the F3S you do not drill at all. Any other questions please feel free to send us an email at info@bakerbuilt.com

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

The black part, not the painted part. They give you a threaded bracket that makes the covers solid to keep them on. I don't know why they call them "hand wings" because they do nothing for your hands. They do reduce the chill on your hips and lower body though.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    The black part, not the painted part. They give you a threaded bracket that makes the covers solid to keep them on. I don't know why they call them "hand wings" because they do nothing for your hands. They do reduce the chill on your hips and lower body though.
    Looking more for lower area and for the wife's comfort. I am riging something up for above mirror since the F4 shield is cut out there. My hands get the wind from above mirror.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Just got the mirror wings. According to the instruction they mount to the painted cover which have a tendency to fall off. Not sure I want to use these. Those covers are 100 bucks apiece. Do not like drilling thru painted parts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    Just got the mirror wings. According to the instruction they mount to the painted cover which have a tendency to fall off. Not sure I want to use these. Those covers are 100 bucks apiece. Do not like drilling thru painted parts.
    You will see in the instructions that one bolt goes through the plastic and attaches to a small bracket that you install. We sell and have installed them. We actually have one on our own F3T, you will like them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rick_w View Post
    You will see in the instructions that one bolt goes through the plastic and attaches to a small bracket that you install. We sell and have installed them. We actually have one on our own F3T, you will like them.
    I see that so it will hold the cover on. I will go ahead and install them. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I have had these on for the past 3 years and love then.
    SpYderman

Spyder Garage

I finished install. Went for a ride. Seems to direct wind out further. Brings cool air toward me when open.
    Attached Images Attached Images