Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default Like the Ryk but why no turbo option?

Hi all,

Maybe Cams wanted to save something for next year or thought they needed time to address teething issue when people start buying and ryding Ryker.
    It seems like they already have a turbo motor to plop into the Ryker that looks like a bolt on.
    https://www.rotax.com/en/products/ro...ace-turbo.html
    I want a Ryker but would love to have the option of a 150HP Ryker.

Y

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post

A good CVT will out accelerate a vehicle faster than either a manual or auto tranny with every thing else being the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    The following is from John Cadogan, quoted from his 'Ultimate Transmission Comparison - Manual vs Auto vs Dual Clutch vs CVT' vid, one of the vids at www.autoexpert.com.au (he's blunt, opinionated, doesn't take any prisoners - EVER, but always tells it like it is!

Check em out if you've got the time, there's a lot of really interesting vids there! But enough of that, here's the quote:
    This is, perhaps, why CVTs were banned from Formula One motor racing in 1993 - the Williams team had a prototype ready to rip. The powers that be banned it.
    Interesting stuff, I never thought of a cvt as the performance pick.I'm sure the wife will be pleased I'm not going to have to err on the side of transvestism to ride hers.
    So if a guy was to boost a 600 to 900 outputs would the cvt be up to it or would the 900 come with a beefier unit fitted?Ditto the shaft drive I guess.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Interesting stuff, I never thought of a cvt as the performance pick.I'm sure the wife will be pleased I'm not going to have to err on the side of transvestism to ride hers.
    So if a guy was to boost a 600 to 900 outputs would the cvt be up to it or would the 900 come with a beefier unit fitted?Ditto the shaft drive I guess.
    I'm Not a Pro But I think the 600 CVT gearing will be to Making the most of the 47 HP and 900 with be different?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

As far as Power to weight Ratio - Horsepower Divided by weight-
    F3 115 HP By 900 Pounds = 1.27
    900 77 HP By 620 Pounds= 1.24
    600 47 HP By 588 Pounds= .80?

So F3 and 900 are Very Close BUT some posts indicate the CVT will ALWAYS be at Max HP/Torque throughout so I Predict the 900 will Beat the F3 to 60 MPH??? 1.24 in Cars has 0-60 in 4-4.5 Seconds while .80 in the 600 could still have 0-60 in 5-6 seconds??? Such Decisions?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The tuning in the CVTs will be different for the 600, and the 800.
    They may run heavier weights in the primary, and steeper ramps in the secondary in the 900 in order to make use of the extra power.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I see the 600 as being for the 20 to 30 something guy or gal with a backpack that wants a lo-cost high mileage commuter to get around town and to work each day. The "Scooter" crowd if you will. It will provide them with a more secure platform great gas mileage and low cost. The 900 will be more for people that want a toy to play with on the weekend!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

The 600 ACE and 900 ACE engines are used in the SkiDoo snowmobiles (as if you didn't know). In the snowmobile community most people even teens state that the 600 ACE just doesn't have enough. Almost all will say buy the 900 Ace. However the 600 Ace engine in a snowmobile gets the most MPG in all of the snowmobile manufactures! It gets a claimed 29 MPG and I have seen test with real world riding in the 28's. I know this is not quite the same as being in the Ryker, but thats at least some info, and word on the street from the snowmobile guys.

Spyder Garage

Signed up for demo day yesterday and had an opportunity to take out the 600 Ryker. That lil puppy has some serious get up and go. I weigh
    225lb and it hauled me around with no problem. It was a blast around town and got up to highway speeds with no issues. The seating position was surprisingly comfortable as was the lil seat. I have a 2017 RT and am spoiled with how smooth it runs. The 600 on the other hand, has a bit of vibration and bark to it. Not problematic but be aware that it is not your big, comfy RT. I was considering the rally edition but the 600 surprised me. I may save a little money and just go with it and add some extra personalized bling.

DW
    B.C.
    Canada

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Helijet View Post
    Signed up for demo day yesterday and had an opportunity to take out the 600 Ryker. That lil puppy has some serious get up and go. I weigh
    225lb and it hauled me around with no problem. It was a blast around town and got up to highway speeds with no issues. The seating position was surprisingly comfortable as was the lil seat. I have a 2017 RT and am spoiled with how smooth it runs. The 600 on the other hand, has a bit of vibration and bark to it. Not problematic but be aware that it is not your big, comfy RT. I was considering the rally edition but the 600 surprised me. I may save a little money and just go with it and add some extra personalized bling.

DW
    B.C.
    Canada
    I agree- I think if I get a 600 test drive first and its like you say I might get it and add more goodys and colored panels.
    The latest video from the Cal coast drive showed significant burning of rubber and hooligans with the 900. I want One of each?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Helijet View Post

DW
    B.C.
    Canada
    Good comparison. Once I bought the 2010 RT, and still owning a 2009 RS--it was like comparing a crotch rocket with a gold wing.

IMO--the Ryker kind of fits that RS description--with a few current modifications added to the Ryker.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Helijet,
    Thanks for the assessment of the 600's power!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

How are the stock shocks on the 600 ? I was wondering if buying the upgraded shocks are needed/worth it.

Spyder Garage

I'll take a 900 please.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

Spyder Garage

Default 900 Yes and No

Wife is getting a 900 I'm getting nothing Bob
    900 Ryker Wifes

Spyder Garage

Default Speedlike a blast.

My friend got to ride the 900cc Rally, she said she got it up to 95mph. She loved it.
    ‘I’m thinking of getting the Ryker Rally in 900, but I may wait for the 2020-2022. Just like when I bought Spyder, I white knuckled it for years and waited to buy. Wanted Can Am to work out any bugs w first models. Ryker looks like a blast to ride.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred View Post
    My friend got to ride the 900cc Rally, she said she got it up to 95mph. She loved it.
    ‘I’m thinking of getting the Ryker Rally in 900, but I may wait for the 2020-2022. Just like when I bought Spyder, I white knuckled it for years and waited to buy. Wanted Can Am to work out any bugs w first models. Ryker looks like a blast to ride.
    I see people from different parts of the country getting a chance to ride- I wonder if they are making a sort of tour with the models and if anyone knows of any schedule? Love to Demo???