Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default I remember

july I looked at a front lawm 2012 RT for $14,000 no some people are a little overpriced but then if it sits for another year thats their choice
    2018 F3s , Gold

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    We bought a 2019 F3 Limited for only $800 more than the 2018 model and that is with the rebate applied on the 2018. It was a no brainer for us.
    The new pricing worked in our favor, but I feel for those that paid full price for a 2018 earlier this year. They are the ones that will loose big time if they have to sell.
    Reading that a slightly different way, you paid $800 more for essentially the same vehicle? (Acknowledging the role of rebates/reductions.) Agree that will squeeze 2018 owners for a bit, but seems like an effective price increase to me from the dealer's standpoint.
    Regards,

Bret

2017 RT-S Orbital Blue
    BajaRon Anti-Sway Bar
    SpyderPops LED Bumpskid, Spyclops II LED, Full View Turn Signals & Belt Guard
    Sena 20S Bluetooth Headsets
    Brake Free Helmet Light
    FOBO Bike for Trike
    Rugged Geek RG1000 Safety Plus Jump Starter/Air Compressor
    Lamonster RAM mount/Techmount TechGripper
    Drink2Go Cup Holders
    UltraGard Half Cover
    2017 RT-S , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowkast View Post
    I'd like to know also. The guy says that in every thread yet the 3 dealer's I've talked to say there is no such thing
    From Donald Trump. Do you not watch the news. He slapped 25% Tarriff on many country's and Canada is one of them. And there president did the same to us for goods going to their country. Maybe has not taken effect yet. Probably first of next year. Or maybe it will all blow over. Trump changes his mind daily.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    From Donald Trump. Do you not watch the news. He slapped 25% Tarriff on many country's and Canada is one of them. And there president did the same to us for goods going to their country. Maybe has not taken effect yet. Probably first of next year. Or maybe it will all blow over. Trump changes his mind daily.
    Clearly another clueless Left winger.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    I voted for Trump. Just going by what the 2 presidents are fighting about. Hope it doesn't happen.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    Perhaps, but I wonder why the immediate run to being derogatory and name-calling?
    2014 RT - SE6 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There may be new tariffs coming; but do they apply to the Spyder?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Fake news. (Sorry, I couldn't resist.....get it? Resist....)

The tariffs are only on selected items or goods, not across the board. Whether or not BRP products are included, I don't know.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    BRP effectively reduced the price of 2018 and prior models by adding a $5500 rebate to them. The dealers are NOT stuck with them at old pricing. Advertised pricing on left over 2018s are very enticing right now.

I just went through the dealer dance attempting to buy a 2018 F3L and there was no rebate. According to the dealer the rebate is only on selected models. I was also looking at an F3T and there was no rebate on that model either. The dealer says the way Can Am does the rebates is weird also. They can only tell which model has a rebate by actually plugging the VIN into their computer (as if purchasing) and then BRP electronically tells the dealer whether that individual bike has the rebate applied or not.

And, no, I did not submit an email to BRP directly on their pre-registration program.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    I just went through the dealer dance attempting to buy a 2018 F3L and there was no rebate. According to the dealer the rebate is only on selected models. I was also looking at an F3T and there was no rebate on that model either. The dealer says the way Can Am does the rebates is weird also. They can only tell which model has a rebate by actually plugging the VIN into their computer (as if purchasing) and then BRP electronically tells the dealer whether that individual bike has the rebate applied or not.

And, no, I did not submit an email to BRP directly on their pre-registration program.

The rebate offer is on BRP web site and includes F3T and F3L models. There are dealers advertising F3T as low as 16500.....

Your dealer is trying to take advantage of you again.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default 2019 RTL

I went to the BRP website, built a RTL w same equipment that’s on my ‘18. MSRP was about the same. However I do feel it was smart of BRP to do this...”sell the sizzle not the steak”. Lower starting price will most likely get more people in the door, that’s when dealers/salesman can explain the extra equipment they may want to buy. I’m still getting used to posting pics on this forum, gonna try to post pic of 2019 RTL I built w the same specs as the ‘18 I own. I didn’t do this comparison on F3’s. I bought my Spyder for my wife and I, so I’m a RT guy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Default Pic

For some reason I couldn’t post a screenshot of the 2019 Build, so I took a pic of the screen w my phone and was able to attach that, but it’s sideways. Lol. I’ll eventually get the hang of adding pics to this forum. Someone who bought a 2018 F3 should Build a 2019 w features their 18 came with, standard. I just like comparing apples to apples.
    ‘Have a great day everyone.
    Jarred.

2018 RT Limited Metalic Champagne
    US Spyder Ryders Long Island NY Chapter
    2018 RT Limited , Metallic Champagne

Spyder Garage

Want to know about Trump's Tariffs?

Here is a link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_tariffs

It's tariffs on aluminum and steel.

He is threatening on vehicle imports now too. I don't know if that effects the Spyder yet since it's not clear.

https://www.thestar.com/business/201...to-canada.html

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by finless View Post
    Want to know about Trump's Tariffs?

Here is a link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_tariffs

It's tariffs on aluminum and steel.

He is threatening on vehicle imports now too. I don't know if that effects the Spyder yet since it's not clear.

https://www.thestar.com/business/201...to-canada.html

Bob
    Thank you. This it what I saw. So since spyder have steel and aluminum I figure it would include vehicles. So I guess we will see.

Spyder Garage

Thank you. This it what I saw. So since spyder have steel and aluminum I figure it would include vehicles. So I guess we will see.
    It's steel and aluminum coming "IN" to the US from Canada. Those should not effect Spyder manufacturing since it's Canada's steel and aluminum.

Bob
    2011 RT-S SM5 - Black
    Bought June 2013 with 450 miles. 27K on 8-1-2017.
    Farkles - DIY Trunk Break Light, HMT Break Light, DIY Mirror Turn Signal Lights, DIY Bluetooth Dongle, DIY iPod Setup, DIY Alarm System Install, Show Chrome front fender / rear saddle bag lights, 4th break light around the trunk, Vented Windshield, Baja Ron Sway Bar, DIY GPS setup, Smooth Spyder, BRP Chrome Mirrors, Adjustable deflectors, Triaxis handlebars, NVB Pegs, Bad Boy Airhorn... More to come
    2011 RT-S SM5 , Baja Ron Black

Spyder Garage

Default Can Am Reducing MSRP Across The Board

Price not low enough, these machines in my opinion are far too expensive for such a badly made, badly designed vehicle. having bought and rode it for a few months I am sorely disapointed by the build quality.

I live in France but am paid in UK, a high exchange rate meant I paid 12,000 GBP for a 2014 RT low mileage less than 2 years old, which is all I think its worth, it's nice to ride after forking out for a comfort seat that should have been fitted as standard and not bothered with the standard seat.

after nearly 3 years, silver coating on wheels, rear drive sprocket and exhaust tip all bubbling and peeling, fuel tank rusting, boot open light not working, dealer hasn't a clue why, belt vibration, sometimes impossible to turn steering when stopped, windscreen lift arm broken.

Sorry for the rant but i just think it's overpriced junk, made by a manufacturer who hasn't got a clue about motorbikes.

Alex.
    2014 RT Std
    Floor and Highway Boards
    50$ GPS connected to oem loom
    Trunk & Frunk Liners and lights
    Frunk and dashboard power outlets
    Front supension LEDS
    Cup holders
    Glovebox light
    Turn signal LEDs in mirrors
    12 volt coffee maker
    Passenger hangrip muffs
    Ignition lock light
    Windscreen wiper/ baguette holder

If I wasn't so cleverI wouldn't need to be so good looking.
    2014 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    There may be new tariffs coming; but do they apply to the Spyder?
    That was my impression under the new US/Canada negotiation just finalized.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That is not a good testimonial for a 2014, but who knows how well cared for during those four years.

Spyder Garage

There seem to be times when BRP can't make people happy no matter what they do. So, giving us a better deal becomes an issue because the used prices will fall as well? Logically, you'll save more on your new Spyder than you will "loose" on the lower price you'll be able to sell your used Spyder at, so unless you aren't buying a replacement, you'll still come out ahead in the end.

I'm very happy to see the prices drop, and hope that they will make it up in increased sales.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by agedbikeman View Post
    Price not low enough, these machines in my opinion are far too expensive for such a badly made, badly designed vehicle. having bought and rode it for a few months I am sorely disapointed by the build quality.

I live in France but am paid in UK, a high exchange rate meant I paid 12,000 GBP for a 2014 RT low mileage less than 2 years old, which is all I think its worth, it's nice to ride after forking out for a comfort seat that should have been fitted as standard and not bothered with the standard seat.

after nearly 3 years, silver coating on wheels, rear drive sprocket and exhaust tip all bubbling and peeling, fuel tank rusting, boot open light not working, dealer hasn't a clue why, belt vibration, sometimes impossible to turn steering when stopped, windscreen lift arm broken.

Sorry for the rant but i just think it's overpriced junk, made by a manufacturer who hasn't got a clue about motorbikes.

Alex.
    I have a 2014 RTS SE6 and am totally happy with it. I’ve had it now for 3 years, having bought it used and I’m not new to “biking” having purchased my first m/c in 1959....a 1949 Royal Enfield 500 cc one lunger. Personally, I think the Spyder is a great bike. As for price, it doesn’t make any difference on what touring machine you buy, they’re all over priced. I was just in the local Harley dealer with my son (he rides a Harley) and a new 3 wheeled Harley is listed at approximately 10 grande (Cdn dollars) more than the RT, so let’s not bash BRP’s pricing. jmho wtfdik
    Bruce

2014 RTS-SE6
    Tri-Axis Handlebars
    Sena BT Dongle
    Sirius Radio
    Dash bar
    Show Chrome Trunk Rack

"You know that a politician is lying if his lips are moving"